*1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

kperegoy

Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion

Postby kperegoy » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:46 pm

KennyMcAmazing wrote:Also... with season 6, how come Kenny's soul took a detour to Cartman, and stayed dead for that long?

Perhaps because of the nature of the death. Kenny dies of a terminal disease in "Kenny Dies" but the rest of the deaths are violent deaths.

Although, I understand the need for the kids to forget Kenny's deaths. If you had a friend who you kept seeing die in horrible ways, just to come back the next day as if nothing happened, you might go mad from the revelation. Easier just to say the memory was erased or suppressed.

Then again, does that mean the South Park Cemetery has a lot of graves for Kenny? That might be better proof.

Postby 81397 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:51 pm

He probably stayed dead because they were entertaining the idea of not bringing him back due to lack of interest. I mean he was a pot roast at one time.

As far as everything resetting, maybe when everyone wakes up the next day, they just don't remember. There are a lot of outs since it all has to do with Cthulhu so I am just spitballing.
Mazzy

Postby Mazzy » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:06 pm

Ok.... I did not wait until Sunday.

Tehehe.

I really liked this episode, I am fairly satisfied with what happened :3
-I am a girl-

'You got poop don't ch-ya?'
KennyMcAmazing

Postby KennyMcAmazing » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:14 pm

This is one of those episodes that is better the 2nd or 3rd time you watch it.

I like it more now. Still, I wish it had been different, but I liked it better.

I do have to say that trying to cram the commercial things in was bit weird.

So, for this episode... I give the episode 7/10, maybe a 6.5/10.

The trilogy I give a 8/10 or 9/10.

I have a feeling that maybe Mysterion will be revisited (if the contract is renewed).

I'm looking forward to next week's episode though. I really do hope to see Kenny used more often. Maybe not like this as Mysterion, but just... used. Like he was in Major Boobage and The Ring. Major Boobage... such a good episode.
I LOVE KENNY! Second favorite characters: Kyle and Butters
Hayley B

Postby Hayley B » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:23 pm

Just finished watching it on South Park Studios now. I laughed in the theme beginning. That they made Mysterion a cardboard cut out this time . I did think about that while watching last weeks "Mysterion Rises" . That Kenny is now being seen twice. Funny about the change. :D
Hayley B: My own name Location: Delaware,USA
Favorite South Park Character: *too many* But I like Kenny,Kyle,Cartman,Butters,Satan,& Damien.
Lankaster

Postby Lankaster » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:38 pm

At the begining it was good; then it improved quite a lot...but the end was just... sucky
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:52 pm

VACOOLA wrote:
zzyzx 1 wrote:I am having trouble hearing with Henrietta's accent her reading of the Necronomicon and Bradley's real father.

What's there to not understand?

Henrietta: All right, look. The Necronomicon is an account of the Old Ones, their history, and a means for summoning them… It was written by a mad prince who knew of the nightmare city of R'Lyeh which fell from the stars and exists beneath the sea and in another dimension… Cthulhu and other beings are from this city. But for years cultists tried to bring them into our world.

And from what I hear Bradley's "real name" is Gok Zarah, or some shit like that.

Yoink!
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:57 pm

I found this final installment to be a satisfying payoff. Very funny stuff.

Poor Kenny :zombiekenny: but I guess this means his mom is immortal too because he keeps being reborn.

Who knew crunch berries had such awesome power?
Braminoid

Postby Braminoid » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:59 pm

kperegoy wrote:
KennyMcAmazing wrote:Also... with season 6, how come Kenny's soul took a detour to Cartman, and stayed dead for that long?

Perhaps because of the nature of the death. Kenny dies of a terminal disease in "Kenny Dies" but the rest of the deaths are violent deaths.

Although, I understand the need for the kids to forget Kenny's deaths. If you had a friend who you kept seeing die in horrible ways, just to come back the next day as if nothing happened, you might go mad from the revelation. Easier just to say the memory was erased or suppressed.

Then again, does that mean the South Park Cemetery has a lot of graves for Kenny? That might be better proof.

I would say that he probably doesn't get burred but they have shown his funerals before. So i'd say either no one notices the graves or this still needs to be explained :P.

aussieSPfan wrote:So not that it really matters, cause matt and trey can change the show whenever they want and cartoons dont need to make sense (i.e. the episode after kennys season absence where he majically re-appeared and wasnt "reborn")

so this theory means jack all

Buuuuuut,

if somone were to kill kennys mum, does that not mean that inturn kenny will lose his immortality power - note the quote from the 2nd ep something along the lines "even in death, death may die"

Kenny's mom could have been granted immortality from the cult. Either that or he would just loss his power or be born to a different mother.

Also did anyone else notice that Kenny complains about how no one remembers when he dies but in Season 5 in Cartmanland , Cartman says "He dies all the time" when he gets sued for Kenny dying in his amusement park :P
Last edited by Braminoid on Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hayley B

Postby Hayley B » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:01 pm

Pip Tweek wrote:Poor Kenny :zombiekenny: but I guess this means his mom is immortal too because he keeps being reborn.

For her. It seems like a punishment for going to those meetings.
Hayley B: My own name Location: Delaware,USA
Favorite South Park Character: *too many* But I like Kenny,Kyle,Cartman,Butters,Satan,& Damien.
MoonBear44

Postby MoonBear44 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:31 pm

Loved this trilogy! Mint Berry Crunch saves the day!! Cartman/Coon cute kitty scenes - too funny! Curse of Kenny/Mysterion finally revealed (sort of).

Wished Professor Chaos and General Disarray would have had more of a role. That would have been cool.

"So long Justin Bieber. You little douchebag!!"
ROFL :lol:
James--76

Postby James--76 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:38 pm

Does anybody know where i can find an image of the boys as villians from the Coon comic?.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
mweens

Postby mweens » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:03 pm

Question:

Did anyone besides me notice all the loose ends that weren't even addressed in this episode? There are enough loose ends left dangling to indicate to me that there's going to be a 4th part to the Coon2 storyline.

Think about it, there was nothing about BP/DP, no Hindsight, no "I've learned something today" moment. And, notice that Trey and Matt haven't included a preview of any kind for 1414, just like the last 2 episodes. They are sitting on the storyline. Something's definitely up.

Prove me wrong.
Disraeli

Postby Disraeli » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:09 pm

wtf? mintberry crunch has super powers? i though he was just supossed to be a joke
UsernameWin

Postby UsernameWin » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:57 pm

Dude, I was staring at my TV all through Ugly Americans. Who knew the hero... would be freikin MINT BERRY CRUNCH! Mysterion is way awesomer.

Poor, poor Kenny :zombiekenny:

And another thing. I noticed a loophole that could help Kenny in the future. Nobody remembers him dying, right? Even when he was stabbed by the goth kids. Before he was stabbed, one of the goths asked who he was, indicating they hadn't met before. Then, after he died that time, Mysterion showed up at Henritta's window and the goth kids knew who he was. If they remember meeting him, did they remember him dying? :?:
"'Never say never' is another sign of hypocracy."- Jasmine De Luca

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”