*1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

sciovida

Postby sciovida » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:45 pm

█████
Last edited by sciovida on Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jarvio

Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Jarvio » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:05 pm

Does Bradley/Mintberry Crunch remind anyone else of Butters? He seems very Butters-like to me
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:13 pm

Mazzy wrote:Actually come to think of it, I am a little disappointed that they didn't include Al Gore and his alter ego 'Exthelthior!' (if that is his alter ego or his catchphrase?)

That's a sort of catchphrase. I don't know that he actually has an "alter ego". Just the one massive self-absorbed one.
SPC

Postby SPC » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:17 pm

did any one notice at the end kenny had one black hair
Twins I[status:chapters 1 and 2 are up more coming]
Mazzy

Postby Mazzy » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:26 pm

BRMBug wrote:
Mazzy wrote:Actually come to think of it, I am a little disappointed that they didn't include Al Gore and his alter ego 'Exthelthior!' (if that is his alter ego or his catchphrase?)

That's a sort of catchphrase. I don't know that he actually has an "alter ego". Just the one massive self-absorbed one.

LOL he still has a cape though XP

SPC: what do you mean? at the end of the first Coon or from this series/episode....or baby Kenny?
-I am a girl-

'You got poop don't ch-ya?'
Herzy_fied

Postby Herzy_fied » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:27 pm

I have a feeling that this was going to be a four-parter or five-parter if you count The Coon (1302). but because of the complaints on the forums, they had to leave out captain hindisght, leave out tony hayward (however u spell it) and rush the end with mint-berry crunch. my opinion on the trilogy is--
Coon 2:Hindsight--7.5/10
Mysterion Rises--6/10
Coon vs. Coon and Friends--8.5/10
Would've been better as a four-parter in my opinion, then again, we don't want the last four episodes as the second last season to be about the coon and friends.
I hope next week they come back with something awesome to end the season with a bang (i was hoping they would do justin bieber but now thats done i dont know what to expect), perhaps they could do something about, nup i dont know, lucky for me i dont write for south park!
MrMcKenzie

Postby MrMcKenzie » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:29 pm

You know, when they first announced Coon 2: Hindsight, and they revealed that the episode would deal with the oil spill and a superhero who interferes with the whole thing... I was so sure, that would mean a glorious return for Al Gore :lol:
He would have fit perfectly.
IKyman

Postby IKyman » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:52 pm

I haven't notice that until now :lol: anyway I thought this was a fanatic episode with almost everything including Mint Berry Crunch's powers! Cthulhu wearing a Coon and Friends T-shirt makes me laugh because it looked so weird on him and of course MBC's introduction at the beginning; he really sounded like Butters at first despite him and Butters are by the same voice actor. I feel so bad of Kenny getting frustrated by his friends of not remembering when he died or those other times when he gets crushed, burn, run over and it hurts him :cry: it must be difficult to explain his closet friends (Stan and Kyle) the most because they always say "Oh my God they Killed Kenny/ You Bastards" everytime he dies. It was funny when Kenny shoot himself in the head while everyone looked shocked, then after he came be to live they all didn't noticed the fact he died :lol:

Cartman and his 'What should I do' segment was really funny when he used in on his mother and coon and friends, also I love it when Cartman told them "What should I do?" then Kyle exclaims "You should f*ck off, that what you should do" :lol: and it's was really creepy and adorable when Cartman acted like a kitty cat to manipulative Cthulhu to destroy and killed people he doesn't like; that kitty scene reminds me of a old Hanna/Barbara cartoon about a black little kitty cat and a big brown dog :lol: I used to like that cartoon when I was little. My favorite scene ever! It was toooooooooooo cute!

My other favorite part was when Cthulhu crushed into Justin Bieber concert and Cartman tells Cthulhu to kill him by squeezing his head off :lol: I never knew Cartman hated JB like everyone else. Awesome ^^

Who wouldn't knew that Bradley and Henrietta was realted :shock: I was totally aware of that because I thought Henrietta was a only child........maybe Bradley was adopted by adoption :mrgreen:

Poor Kenny, he will never know about his supernatural powers and Bradley is an Alien? Awesome :|

And MBC has saved the day and not Kenny? That was pretty awesome to see a minor character saves the other heroes, even though he has real powers.

The ending was disturbing yet weird how Kenny being reborn and ages up to nine years old in his parka :unhoodedkenny:

10/10
PS: My favorite scene is where Kenny told Stan and Kyle he was tired and wanted to go to bed by bring a gun and pulled the trigger upon his head and shoot himself :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MrMcKenzie

Postby MrMcKenzie » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:19 am

OK, everyone who wants to see the origin of Cartmans kitten - scene, here is the link to the original Merry Melodies cartoon! :D

http://fan.tcm.com/_Feed-the-Kitty/VIDEO/779975/66470.html

It's already the first scene after the title credits! Enjoy! :lol:
Cellar Door

Postby Cellar Door » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:01 am

The explanation behind how Kenny always comes back to life....
That his mother again and again gives birth to the same child, a child who seemingly grows overnight until he reaches the age he'd come to according to normal time standards, is pretty odd.
Plus it doesn't necessarily make sense. If Kenny's mom died wouldn't he then die along with her? maybe he'd be "transfered" to another mom, or a female relative, etc. He did have a sister at one point..... but that'd be to much for me, I couldn't handle that.
My guess is, the way M and T left it, we aren't really supposed to think too much about the mechanics of the whole thing. We're supposed to just accept it, which probably means this will never be mentioned again, and we'll continue with the show as if this never happened. Though it did.
God Bless you, Mysterion. :unhoodedkenny:
BaddogDK

Postby BaddogDK » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:13 am

is the dark oblivion kenny's mom's uterus?
Mazzy

Postby Mazzy » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:24 am

BaddogDK wrote:is the dark oblivion kenny's mom's uterus?

I LOL'd

Cellar Door: My guess is, if Kenny's mother did die since they both attended those cult meetings that Kenny's father would give birth to him.
-I am a girl-

'You got poop don't ch-ya?'
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:35 am

Prof Chaos never escaped from jail, darn. :/ I just noticed Hindsight was missing from the episode until the end lol. Ah well, it was more interesting when it was about our lil' super heroes anyway. 8)
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
thellama73

Postby thellama73 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:53 am

Brendle wrote:It was OK. Better than the last two, that's for sure.

Kind of a nice way to end the trilogy.

Kenny should just talk unmuffled permanently now. They've opened up the Pandora's box and he's changed permanently. It would be exciting for the show to finally have Kenny become an actual person.

Things I liked:

- The Mint Berry Crunch reveal. Completely absurd and subverted ALL of our expectations. The whole "mint hunters" explanation was so absurd and ridiculous it made me laugh.

- Mint Berry Crunch talking about how he heroically ran away.

- How they tied everything together at the end.

- Kenny killing himself to get out of the dark oblivion.

Things I hated:

- Anything with Cartman

- Lebron James (ugh...)

Once again I agree with Brendle completely. It's interesting that so many people hated the ending. I thought the Mintberry Crunch mislead was brilliant. I guess I like South Park best when they are pissing off their fans.

I can't believe they tried to stretch the Lebron James thing into a second episode though. That was so weak.
Cowboy21

Postby Cowboy21 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:59 am

BaddogDK wrote:is the dark oblivion kenny's mom's uterus?

BaddogDK,

I think you may be on to something here. Kenny had been there before he said. Also the mother being involved in drunkin activities at the cult could have some how turned her body into the dark oblivion. Since kennys way out was only to shoot himself and spawn from her, i feel that her vagina may be another portal to that realm!! anyone else care to elaborate?

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”