*1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

TheViolentLolita

Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion

Postby TheViolentLolita » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:41 pm

RichardV1149 wrote:People are way too obsessed with South Park, making it like its theirs, I'm not one to say I don't wish South Park to be one way or another, but some people take it too far. Fighting over who voices who, for example. It is not a big deal because you can't notice it unless your looking for it. Forum, yes you, South Park is not yours, its Matt&Trey's, they do what ever they want to it. Plain and simple. Now that's just my opinion, maybe you do own some of South Park and choose what's what. In my opinion, "Good South Park fans will watch an episode and not suck all the life and fun out of it".

Agreed, you guys are taking this to seriously.
Sgt.YatesMonkeyBalls

Postby Sgt.YatesMonkeyBalls » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:14 pm

I think the reason behind the Clyde/Mysterion mix-up was because, in "Coon 2," most of the Boys only appeared without their costumes for a scant few seconds. That was probably supposed to be Craig standing with them, but they messed up. Clyde and Craig have been mixed up before (in the first airing of "Super Fun Time," I believe), so it's not a huge surprise. They may have subtly referenced this screw-up in "Mysterion Rises"--when Mosquito takes off the vuvuzela to talk to his mother. (At least, that's the impression I got, since in-universe there would be no real reason to take it off.)

It's a shame, I found myself agreeing with Brendle's statements on some earlier threads, but now I'm starting to suspect that he's a troll. :(
Characters Ranked by Speaking Appearances...y'know, if you care about useless, autistic trivia like that.

Favorite Characters: Randy, Yates, and Butters
Favorite Episode: Cartman's Incredible Gift
Favorite Pairing: Randy x Sharon
Bungle415

Postby Bungle415 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:22 pm

So long Justin Bieber, you little douchebag!
Bungle415

Postby Bungle415 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:24 pm

kengc wrote:So bieber's canadian, so why wasn't his head different like terrence and phillip?

Good point, he should have had a flappy head and beady eyes like the other Canadians.
JVM

Postby JVM » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:34 am

Do I take South Park too seriously? Yes I do. But I don't see how my reply to Brendle is obsessive. I'm telling him to knock it off because it doesn't matter. That's not really something an obsessive super fan would say lol

Trust me, I've actually tried very very hard NOT to bitch about this episode. There were many things I disliked about it, but I'm not ruining anyone's fun here unless they're being overly dense.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:16 am

You know what? Cartman needs to be randomly singing hits of the 80's more often. I've now had "Faith" stuck in my head for the majority of the weekend. So much so in fact that I've had to go to the iPod and listen to the version I have, which is actually a DJ Tripp mash-up of "Faith" and "Close To You" by The Cure.
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:20 am

When will nall post 1414's information?
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:02 am

Like 5 minutes ago.
Brendle

Postby Brendle » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:14 pm

JVM wrote:Clyde's not a main character either. He's recurring. And if you didn't notice, EVERY FEMALE CHARACTER has switched voice actors AT LEAST THREE TIMES.

This is such a weak argument. The female characters switched voice actors due to UNFORESEEN CIRCUMSTANCES...circumstances out of their control.

Wendy first changed voices due to her actress killing herself. Then her next voice actress left the show voluntarily. They HAD to replace their voices.

Matt and Trey didn't HAVE to switch Clyde's voice. But they did. It was a stupid blunder.

How you can't even see the difference between the two cases is unreal.

You keep spouting the same BS about "canon" in South Park. Again: the voices of the characters are no less canonical than the appearance of the characters. Actually, probably MORE so.

If I saw that Cartman was skinny in the next episode and he had black skin, I would be able to suspend my disbelief because it's a cartoon show and these things can happen. I would NOT be able to suspend disbelief if Matt Stone started voicing him. That is NOT canon.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
kwolfshowl@aol.com

Postby kwolfshowl@aol.com » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:28 pm

people, people, please! :tweek:

Stop fighting, will you? It's just a damned cartoon, mess ups are bound to happen. I, personally, liked this episode and I only got a little disapointed when MBC showed up Kenny and the way Kenny is reborn, but I know that MnT are going to makesomething a lot better in return. :cartmansopissedrightnow:

Kenny is likely to return into an orange blob like the space between "the Coon" and "Coon 2: Hindsight", but we must deal with it. Oh, sure, he might get his own episode like he sometimes does, or someone will make a remark about his deaths that is unknowningly confusing (like that scene in Cartmanland where Eric says "oh, Kenny? He dies all the time!). :cartmanko'd:

In the end, MnT will make up for this episode even though I give it a straight up 9/10.

Voices don't matter that much and since the boys age over a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG period of time, MnT are either scewingup or they are making their voices slightly different. When you think about it, these kids are, like, in either High School or colledge, but they never age strangely enough.

This episode was great, so stop being so critical: its just a damn cartoon. Whenever I'm a bit disapointed in an episode, which isn't much because I've learned MnTs ways, I just draw fan art while I listen. I have, like, eight pictures of Mysterion and I made up a character.

For those of you saying that MnT are likely hitting a road block, you might be half right. South Park is a fairly old show, you know, its bound to be over real soon. I bet they just had to clear up SOME of Kenny's deaths, which made Kenny a stronger character. I actually can't find anything wrong, except the times he died of terminal illness, became a zombie and just poofed into the room. I already know Kenny's been to R'leh before; I saw that episode, or an adverticment anyway.

That's another summing up of me trying to get you people to bitch about a f*cking cartoon. Guys, just, please don't be a :assface: , it's not polite :mrgreen:
Kenny: Pretty cool? Do you know what it's like being shot at, burned, torn apart, run over, stabbed?!
Stan: Dude, Kenny, calm down!
Kenny: It's not cool, dude; it f*cking hurts!
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:19 pm

OH KNOCK IT OFF ALREADY! When they started doing the voices, they hadn't figured out who was who/what yet! Get over it butt-pants or I'll elbow you in the larynx!
LilNugget

Postby LilNugget » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:05 pm

Brendle wrote:
JVM wrote:If I saw that Cartman was skinny in the next episode and he had black skin, I would be able to suspend my disbelief because it's a cartoon show and these things can happen. I would NOT be able to suspend disbelief if Matt Stone started voicing him. That is NOT canon.

Voices can't change in cartoons? If Cartman was skinny wouldn't some of the fat reverberation sounds in his voice go away?

What is so idiotic about all of this is that the kids are not talking in their normal voices to begin with, it is the voices of their alter egos, which can be whatever M+T want, not what some obtuse nit-wit self appoints as the "canon" standard for cartoons.
Timmy!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:26 pm

Let's leave it at this:

A question has come up about Clyde's voice. Normally, Clyde is voiced by Trey, but when he's Mosquito, he's voiced by Matt. People, including I, have wondered why Trey couldn't do Mosquito.

We probably won't get an answer unless somebody sends in a FAQ about it. Until then, any further ranting about it will be met with a one-month ban. Now, shut up about it.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:29 pm

7/10.

There were decent parts, but the jokes were dry. Beyond Kenny's info, I didn't really like the episode. It should have stayed at one parts or two parts.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
KennyMcAmazing

Postby KennyMcAmazing » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:12 pm

kwolfshowl@aol.com wrote: I just draw fan art while I listen. I have, like, eight pictures of Mysterion

XD I've been drawing Mysterion and Kenny non stop lately. All over my math homework...
I LOVE KENNY! Second favorite characters: Kyle and Butters

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”