*1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Mazzy

Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Mazzy » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:32 pm

I haven't drawn any SP fan art since I was about 11... and I'm 22 O_o ... WOW I just felt so old just then...

You people are so tempting me to pick up a pencil... dunno what style to draw them in though.
-I am a girl-

'You got poop don't ch-ya?'
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:42 pm

Brendle, It is not a canonical error as it is a production mistake or decision due to an IU issue, visa vi the costume altering the voice. It is not a canonical error as it is an out of universe consideration to solve an IU problem.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
kwolfshowl@aol.com

Postby kwolfshowl@aol.com » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:23 am

Mazzy wrote:I haven't drawn any SP fan art since I was about 11... and I'm 22 O_o ... WOW I just felt so old just then...

You people are so tempting me to pick up a pencil... dunno what style to draw them in though.

I usually draw in simplified anime or detailed chibi. It makes them look cute and/or aweshome. Today, I drew the most famous scene in anime: the four boys at the bustop.

Also, I drew Kenny in three of his outfits, all about to die: Normal outfit, bomb. Bathingsuit outfit, shark. Mysterion outfit, bullet.

Just act on impulse when it comes to drawing them! That's what I do...
Kenny: Pretty cool? Do you know what it's like being shot at, burned, torn apart, run over, stabbed?!
Stan: Dude, Kenny, calm down!
Kenny: It's not cool, dude; it f*cking hurts!
JVM

Postby JVM » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:41 am

I don't know whether to thank you or not, Will XD All I'll say in closing is I do know South Park is just a show, lol :)

Anyway my final thoughts on the episode are around 7/10. It's really mixed, and I gave it back some points because of bias.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.

Postby 203177 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:43 am

same with me since the two parts were good.
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
ipeter

SWEEEEEt

Postby ipeter » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:09 am

Justin bieber getting smashed was the best part
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:47 am

I liked this episode a lot..Liked that Bradley/Mint Berry Crunch turned out to be Henreitta's brother, thought the way they were fighting was funny..I have always liked Henreitta, she is such a stereotypic goth bitch, and since a lot of people consider me goth, I think it she and the other goths are hilarious. Glad they were in this episode and I , thought the line about how Cthulu being a big dissappointment was like "Obama all over again"was hilarious..

Also really liked seeing Kenny getting a bigger role. Yeah, what we learned about him from this episode were things we already know about him. Of course he would be angry about dying all the time and his friends not really noticing, and about his parents being alcoholic loosers. Wouldn't you be? I could totally understand why he would yell at Kyle for saying he thought " Not being able to die would be pretty cool" and why he would shoot himself in the head infront of his friends.They haven't been noticing that he gets killed over and over ( sometimes to help them or other people) for a long time. If you feel like your friends are ignoring something that is seriously affecting you, you want to shock them into paying attention.

I also liked all the H.P Lovecraft stuff in the episode. Because of the last 3 episodes, I have been reading Lovecraft's work, I am reading Call of Cthulu right now. It is pretty good so far.
papafrita

Coon

Postby papafrita » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:14 pm

I don't have a memory of a crappier episode than this...
long-winded and not funny at all. it was painful to watch it all. please make it interesting next time...
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:28 pm

I want to thank nall personally in answering Bug's request for a clean version of the Coon & Friends alert sound that went through the boys home during a request by The Coon for the boys to come to the secret base (Cartman's basement) immediately.

Here is what nall did: http://www.southparkstudios.com/fans/downloads/sounds

Season 14 of course.

I downloaded it, and now it is my ringtone for my cell :mrgreen:

Thanks nall and Bug :D
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:19 pm

It is awesome, isn't it?
(I had to load it into Audacity and pump the volume up a little for it to work on mine.)
JVM

Postby JVM » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:19 am

I don't have a memory of a crappier episode than this...
long-winded and not funny at all. it was painful to watch it all. please make it interesting next time...

I'm sure I'll be raped and molested for this, but with the possible exceptions of "Cartoon Wars" and "Do The Handicapped Go To Hell?" (Haven't seen the latter, been years since the former) I can't remember being entertained by any of the multi-part episodes.

Matt and Trey need to just stick to 22 minutes each, because clearly that's all they're good at.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:52 am

I wasn't really into Cartoon Wars, but I did like Do the Handicapped go to Hell. Awesome episode...For the most part, I like all the multi-part episodes.But, hey, Trey and Matt can't please everyone, and I am sure there are plenty of episodes I think are awesome that other people find lame..I do like "Pip" from Season 4..Lots of people hate that episode, but I always liked it, and now that Malcomn McDowell, who if you remember introduced the episode and narrated it, was Dr Loomis in Rob Zombie's Halloween remakes, I like it even more. And by the way, lots of people on the horror message boards hate those remakes too, so yeah, no one can please everyone.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:07 am

I was pretty "meh" on Cartoon Wars. They had some good parts, but they weren't my favorite of the season. 'Handicapped' and Probably are some of my favorite episodes ever. And the meteor shower arc episodes were awesome too.
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:44 am

BRMBug wrote:I was pretty "meh" on Cartoon Wars. They had some good parts, but they weren't my favorite of the season. 'Handicapped' and Probably are some of my favorite episodes ever. And the meteor shower arc episodes were awesome too.

I loved the Meteor Shower episodes..They were fun.
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:51 am

M00ndragon69 wrote:. . . .Glad they were in this episode and I , thought the line about how Cthulu being a big dissappointment was like "Obama all over again"was hilarious..

Me too. I'm surprised that it took almost 20 pages of this thread before someone mentioned the Obama reference. i thought that line was one of the most hilarious lines in the whole trilogy :)

M00ndragon69 wrote:. . . . I also liked all the H.P Lovecraft stuff in the episode. Because of the last 3 episodes, I have been reading Lovecraft's work, I am reading Call of Cthulhu right now. It is pretty good so far.

Me too :o I am also reading Call of Cthulhu right now and it is pretty good so far :D

EDIT:

Also, in Southern California, where Matt and Trey live during the writing of the show, there are supermarkets owned by Ralphs owned by Kroeger called: Food For Less. In the episodes here, the boys sold lemon bars in front of Food For Little :P

Also, in the middle of the day here, (SoCal), two back-to-back episodes of Judge Judy are on at 3:00 pm. I like how Mint Berry Crunch ran home heroically to watch Judge Judy. It's not a Jersey Thing; it's a SoCal Thing :)

Again, I'm surprised that we are almost on page 20 of this thread, and I don't recall anyone mentioning Food for Little, Judge Judy, or that Obama reference before.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”