*1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

CherrehCola

Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion

Postby CherrehCola » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:32 pm

I...didn't really like it.

I didn't dislike it, but...well.

It started out pretty good, and I enjoyed a lot of moments. The Beiber thing was priceless, and I felt so sorry for Kenny all the time :( I laughed at some of Bradley's scenes, and him being Henrietta's brother? Cool!

Then when the alien guy kept talking and turned to Bradley, I actually laughed out loud. Kenny just stared probably thinking "Wtf??" and all of a sudden, Mintberry Crrruuunch just flies up and he's Superman. That was hilarious.

However, I did find the Coon and Friend moments, again, kinda disturbing. His "cute kitten" act, I think, is from Looney Tunes, right? It's just, at some parts, especially when he licked the thing's face, I...kinda cringed a bit. There will be fanfics. Oh God, there will be fanfics....

The ending does wrap up and make sense, considering Kenny's mom did say she just kept giving birth to him, but it disappointed me. I don't know, I like Bradley and all, but I guess after all the debating and hype, I expected more to happen, something more complicated for Mysterion's powers and in the end, him saving the day. It was...an alright episode, but for a whole saga, not a very strong ending.

Had higher expectations that it'd be something legendary, oh well.

Now I just wonder how they'll end the season after all of this? The Earth got taken over, saved, so it can't just be an episode making fun of, I dunno, Glee or something?

Maybe it'll be a cliffhanger? Guess we'll see in a week.

But poor Kenneh :( I'm just very happy he gets to stay on the show.
DON'T KICK THE BABY!

~*Dream about the sun,you queen of rain.
bluefartsmcgees

Postby bluefartsmcgees » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:24 pm

bluefartsmcgees wrote:WTF MOMENTS

KENNY COMMITING MULTIPLE SUICIDES
EVEN THOUGH I FOUND IT KINDA FUNNY WHEN HE DID IT AT THE END SAYING IM GOING TO BED SHOOTS HIMSELF BUT DAM I FEEL BAD FOR HIM AND IM TOTALLY CONFUSED ABOUT HIS POWER IT DIDNT EXPLAIN WHY HE HAD IT OR ITS PURPOSE. IT ONLY HINTED THAT THE PARENTS SAID WE SHOULDNT HAVE WENT TO THOSE CULT MEETINGS AND SHE SAID IT HAPPENED AGAIN WHEN SHE WAS HAVING KENNY AS A BABY HINTING SHE KNOWS HE DIES AND COMES BACK

There was a previous episode in South Park years ago where Kenny died, his parents had a new baby, decided to call him Kenny, and his father mentioned something like it's been 50 times now, and his mother said 52 or something like that. Big-Will? Which episode am I thinking of? bluefartsmcgees, that what the reference is to: Kenny dying and Kenny's mom having another baby. Notice his dad wrapped the baby in an orange parka :)

[
bluefartsmcgees wrote:ONE MORE THING I THINK I SHOULD MENTION THAT I DONT THINK ANYONE CAUGHT IN THE LAST ESP REMEBER WHEN CARTMEN AND HIS "COON FRIENDS" WERE WALKING DOWN THE STREET TO GO TO THE MART AND CARTMEN NARRIATES SAYING HE HAS TO DO SOMETHING ETC AND THEN KICKS BRADLY AND CLYDES AZZ WHILE PLAYING MUSIC IN THE BACKROUND PLUS ITS IN SLOW MOTION WELL I RECENTLY NOTICED THIS IS INFACT A PARODY OF A SCENE IN CLOCKWORK ORANGE WHRE THE LEADER OF THE 4 GUYS PUTS HIS DROOGS IN PLACE CAUSE ONE OF THEM HE GOT PISSED THAT HE WAS GIVING ORDERS TO THE OTHER GUYS WHEN HES THE LEADER NOT THT GUY SO HE KICKS THEIR AZZES IN SLOW MOTION PLAYING THE SAME MUSIC HERE IS A CLIP ON YOUTUBE OF THAT SCENE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v90KPJ6n4Ew

This was discussed quite a lot in the 1411 post-episode thread starting here with this post.

Welcome to the board, bluefartsmcgees :)[/quote]

aw thanks ;D good to be here with other fans xD
yeah i totally forgot about that esp when he was born again and they said that lol so now i see why they made that reference more now
yeah it was deff a surprise i give them that for the suprise ending that no one saw lol just i was expecting mysterion

oooo so they did notice i have to take a look thanks xD and sorry for the caps last night i had it stuck on caps lock lmao old keyboard anyways now its lower caps :P

bluefartsmcgees ~
Fingabangin

Postby Fingabangin » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:43 pm

omg i just died at the justin bieber part, i prayed some1 would do that to him for months ;p
ScottMalkinson4

Postby ScottMalkinson4 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:51 pm

I enjoyed this trilogy (fourology if you count the Coon ep from last season) a lot. I only wish Scott Malkinson could have been a super hero.

Ya got poop, don't ya?
maewest

Postby maewest » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:09 pm

Without question, worst episode in the trilogy. In my opinion, starts well but It finishs being so poor and the idea of new birth each time that kenny dies I wasn't totally convinced, It was better to leave question without answer. It seemed me the best trilogy ever from south park but with that episode they have messed up big time.
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:16 pm

@ bluefartsmcgees :wink:

@ Big-Will: you do awesome transcripts on your own site. Many are my favorites. One of my first favorites was way back when when you transcribed Kyle's Marklar speech. But now, I am having trouble hearing with Henrietta's accent her reading of the Necronomicon and Bradley's real father. Now the father speaks slowly and clearly enough, but the names of the two planets he mentions and other things - well lets just say two things: one, I can't wait to read your transcriptions of those two dialogs, and two I wish you the best of luck - from what I heard of that dialogue it will be a lot of work for you. I don't envy you on this project.

I've seen the episode almost a dozen times now; well nine times. I am posting now on only one (maybe two) topics I haven't read in this thread yet.

First: Burning Man. The poster: ILuvKennyMcCormick23 created a thread here way back on September 12, 2010. She thought she saw Matt Stone at the Burning Man Festival/Event. While we still have no confirmation today on November 11, 2010, I did note in that thread that Burning Man did take place during the hiatus of South Park, and it was possible that Matt Stone was indeed there. And now we see an episode that has a major element of Cthulhu doing Cartman's bidding to get rid of the hippies at Burning Man. It seems plausible that Matt Stone personally did the research at Burning Man this year to make that scene tonight seem realistic because it could have been based on Matt's personal observations of Burning Man. ILuvKennyMcCormick23 may be correct in believing that she might have seen Matt Stone at Burning Man this year.
yourealackeymackey

Postby yourealackeymackey » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:23 pm

This was the best episode of the Superhero trilogy. Mint-Berry Crunch eliminating Ctuhlu was hilarious. Everything with Bradley was awesome, and Mysterion trying to convince everyone that he dies all the time was hilarious. "Mint-Berry Crunch NEVER PEES HIS PANTS." The swerve was hilarious.
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:40 pm

Wolfaxy wrote:OMG! In "The Coon" comic, anyone else notice the ad for the Sea People (thingies)?

Yes :D

And how about South Park's running gag of John Elway all these years? An ad for an Elway action figure was in one of the comic books 8)

Oh, and before I forget, Superman of course was a non-human sent to earth by his parents when the home planet of Kypton was destroyed; Superman's super powers were normal powers for him, but super powers for Superman/Clark Kent. Similar with Bradley. He was sent from another world with normal off-world powers, but they are super powers here on Earth. Go Mint Berry Crunch :)
caspianrex

Postby caspianrex » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:14 pm

Wow! I think the SP folks have really outdone themselves on this 3-part saga. It managed to tie into so much of the SP mythology (Kenny's repeated death/resurrection, etc.), and still has several surprises along the way. This series was truly a South Park extravaganza. Well done!
ralphy

Postby ralphy » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:23 pm

AWESOME!

so god damn Awesome!!!

I can't believe they referenced that classic Warner Bros's cartoons!!! the one with the little cat on the back of the bulldog. I used to love that one!

And when I think I know where are they going... they turn to a different direction!

Thanks South Park, You haven't even remotely dissapointed me so far.

Long lives to the Kings!!!
VACOOLA

Postby VACOOLA » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:35 pm

zzyzx 1 wrote:I am having trouble hearing with Henrietta's accent her reading of the Necronomicon and Bradley's real father.

What's there to not understand?

Henrietta: All right, look. The Necronomicon is an account of the Old Ones, their history, and a means for summoning them… It was written by a mad prince who knew of the nightmare city of R'Lyeh which fell from the stars and exists beneath the sea and in another dimension… Cthulhu and other beings are from this city. But for years cultists tried to bring them into our world.

And from what I hear Bradley's "real name" is Gok Zarah, or some shit like that.
KennyMcAmazing

Postby KennyMcAmazing » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:46 pm

Too many super heroes/alter egos.

So first came Prof. Chaos with Butters. That was funny, but a one time only thing, with him showing up in other episodes as his Prof. Chaos alter ego.
Then Mysterion comes on the scene. And everybody is obsessed with him. He's a big deal.
And then... the next Mysterion series, nobody really gives a crap, and then MBC usurps him. Mysterion went from being a big f*cking deal to someone as ignored as the Coon in the first coon episode.

I actually think that they should have turned this into a four parter. Tied up the loose ends with Kenny. I'm satisfied with the explanation of why he keeps coming back, but I think it sucks that his friends NEVER remember. I mean, he threw himself off a cliff for them.

I wonder what would happen if Kenny set up a video camera in his room, shot himself in the head while Kyle and Stan watched, and just kept the video rolling. So then he could see himself in baby form, and then later show the video to Kyle and Stan to get them to remember/believe he can't die.

The main question that remains, for me, is why can't his friend remember?

Oh, als:
zzyzx 1 wrote:
chonus wrote:Anyone else think it sounded like he said "human ki*e" @6:41? It rhymes with bike.

Don't be afraid, chonus, that's exactly what The Coon said: human kike.

Oh, to answer your question: "Yes."

That's the whole reason Kyle was human Kite. It was a set up for that pun. I was waiting for Cartman to say that XD
I LOVE KENNY! Second favorite characters: Kyle and Butters
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:03 pm

VACOOLA wrote:
zzyzx 1 wrote:I am having trouble hearing with Henrietta's accent her reading of the Necronomicon and Bradley's real father.
What's there to not understand?And from what I hear Bradley's "real name" is Gok Zarah, or some sh*t like that.

Exactly; I understand given Henrietta's accent a lot of what she said, but not all. "or some sh*t like that" is exactly what I expressed in one of my posts dirrected to Big-Will in regards to his upcoming transcription of the episode; my good wishes in his transcription efforts given that accent of Henriettas. I want to know what Big-Will makes of what was said. That part, and what Bradley's father said as well. I would not like to attempt such a transcription and I commend Big-Will for what he is about to do.

Later, I can read along with the transcription while watching the episode again and if I'm still not clear, I'll bring my ideas/concerns to Big-Will's attention :)

KennyMcAmazing wrote:I wonder what would happen if Kenny set up a video camera in his room, shot himself in the head while Kyle and Stan watched, and just kept the video rolling. So then he could see himself in baby form, and then later show the video to Kyle and Stan to get them to remember/believe he can't die.

The main question that remains, for me, is why can't his friend remember?

The video camera imo would record the death of Kenny; but when Kenny returns later, the recording would be gone as if the recording never existed, just as his "witnesses" to the death (his friends) have no memory of the death either. His friends can't remember because that's part of the sequence of Kenny's death: He dies, comes back, and no one remembers.

I draw your attention 'way back to Season 2, Episode 2, a/k/a Episode 202. Courtesy of Big-Will's Scriptorium:

First, my own memory: Kenny suddenly appears out of thin air; he died last season in Season One.

Now, from http://www.scriptorium.com :

Stan: [Kenny is restored to the story line. Kyle notices] Oooh- hey, Kenny.

See, Kenny died even in Seasons One and Two and then returned, and no one but Kenny remembered Kenny's death. That's just the way it is in the world of South Park. So KennyMcAmazing imo a video camera would make no difference. There would be no evidence at all of Kenny's death except for Kenny's own memory of he death. A death that no one but Kenny would believe :)
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:13 pm

Did anyone Stan and Cartman were without their hats for the last 2 episodes? I noticed that pretty easily.
KennyMcAmazing

Postby KennyMcAmazing » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:16 pm

Why does everything get reset?!?!? Roar XD

I'm wondering if Kenny's own parents remember Kenny's deaths... I mean, there are some episodes where they are so distraught about him dieing. And then there are the funerals. But if Kenny's mom is always like, "Not again!!!" maybe she does remember? Or does she think its just a different baby every time?

Also... with season 6, how come Kenny's soul took a detour to Cartman, and stayed dead for that long?
I LOVE KENNY! Second favorite characters: Kyle and Butters

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”