*1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Mazzy

Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Mazzy » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:01 am

thellama73 wrote: I guess I like South Park best when they are pissing off their fans.

Me too XD

Also... who is Lebron James?
-I am a girl-

'You got poop don't ch-ya?'

Postby 203177 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:10 am

i loved how they killed justin bieber. he was masterbating wtf?? :lol:
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
Wabatuckian

Postby Wabatuckian » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:19 am

This is the beginning to a new "Kenny" story. It's like teasers to an awesome movie... :chaos:
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:38 am

203177 wrote:i loved how they killed justin bieber. he was masterbating wtf?? :lol:

No... Idk what the deal with crotch grabbing is.
Hirako02

Postby Hirako02 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:48 am

Cellar Door wrote:The explanation behind how Kenny always comes back to life....
That his mother again and again gives birth to the same child, a child who seemingly grows overnight until he reaches the age he'd come to according to normal time standards, is pretty odd.
Plus it doesn't necessarily make sense. If Kenny's mom died wouldn't he then die along with her? maybe he'd be "transfered" to another mom, or a female relative, etc. He did have a sister at one point..... but that'd be to much for me, I couldn't handle that.
My guess is, the way M and T left it, we aren't really supposed to think too much about the mechanics of the whole thing. We're supposed to just accept it, which probably means this will never be mentioned again, and we'll continue with the show as if this never happened. Though it did.
God Bless you, Mysterion. :unhoodedkenny:

Actually in Cartman joins NAMBLA , Kenny´s mom have an baby and its kenny again ...
IKyman

Postby IKyman » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:05 am

I find it odd how Kenny's mother keeps giving birth everytime Kenny dies, but when Kenny actually dies due a illness she haven't given birth to a new Kenny :?
Shadowyoshi

Postby Shadowyoshi » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:08 am

I thought the episode was pretty good. Loved the looney tunes references. However I don't like how they rushed it at the end.

I was looking forward to Bradley getting a big role, I hope they don't write him out of the show. I was kinda hoping Mysterion could save the day and they would pull a season 6 and have Bradley take over as the new friend. (Don't get me wrong I love Kenny but he just doesn't...do much anymore). And the way they set up Bradley's personality and being Henrietta's Sister...they could of done so much with that.

But it was still a good ep.
nodakskip

Postby nodakskip » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:14 am

I may be off on this, but is Kenny an "old one"? Its been a day since I have seen the ep but think there are some clues.

1. Kennys parents who went to the cult meeting for the free beer have no memory of any of the meetings.

2. The cult was mostly about Catullu but mentioned other old ones.

3. They said they came from the city the boys were banished to.

4. If I recall right Kenny said it felt like he had been in the lost city before they were banished there.

5. Kennys mom gave birth magically to her son again who they put in his outfit and then its implied he quickly grows up to his 5th grade size quickly.

6. Catullu didnt seem to want to fight Kenny maybe he knew who he really was?

How else do you explain that Kenny is reborn all the time, and no one can recall it ever happening?
JamesBray

Postby JamesBray » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:16 am

This episode was amazing, really great job they did here. There were tons of funny moments like every single Mint Berry Crunch scene and just Cartman being his manipulative, bigoted self and I was pretty much laughing throughout the entire thing. I'm glad there treating Kenny like a character now, I just don't think Mysterion acts how Kenny would act, it just seems like a different character in a lot of ways, but it still worked out good. I don't like how it didn't really explain why Kenny kept coming back to life and why everybody forgot his death (even though on several occasions in the past they have remembered him dying).

Also, I realized, on the last part Kenny says he doesn't like it when his parents beat each other up, but in earlier episodes, like Chickenlover for example, he is shown laughing when his parents are fighting each other and instead of Cartman saying "I am the Coon, you will listen to me" to Cthulhu he should have said "I am the Coon, and you will respect my authoritah". I also love the look on Kenny's face when Bradley's father is talking to him, it was all like "wtf is going on right now".

Overall, A very good cap to the Coon trilogy and a wonderful trilogy in all with lots of character development, humor and a great plot and great writing too.
Favorite Character: Jimmy
Favorite Episode: Krazy Kripples
Cowboy21

Postby Cowboy21 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:36 am

I agree with BaddogDK on his thoery in kennys mom being the portal. kenny said he had some recolection of the dimesnion and when he died in there the only way out was through birth. And the others escaped through the saving of MINT BERRY CRUNCH! :unhoodedkenny: I hope the next few episodes focus more on realistic stuff...not Kutulu, but i still liked the episodes!
Sgt.YatesMonkeyBalls

Postby Sgt.YatesMonkeyBalls » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:06 am

I'll admit, this is episode is a lot better on a second viewing, for some reason.

Tweeeeek wrote:I hope this ep also foreshadows a decrease in the inclusion of Butters as a main character.

Dear Lord Cthulhu, I hope not. Replacing Kenny with Butters was the best decision they ever made, followed closely by making Kenny an actual character in recent years and, of course, making Randy a main character.

I just found Kenny extremely boring prior to Major Boobage.
Characters Ranked by Speaking Appearances...y'know, if you care about useless, autistic trivia like that.

Favorite Characters: Randy, Yates, and Butters
Favorite Episode: Cartman's Incredible Gift
Favorite Pairing: Randy x Sharon
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:50 am

BaddogDK wrote:is the dark oblivion kenny's mom's uterus?

No, the dark oblivion was already explained as the nightmare city of R'Lyeh.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
JVM

Postby JVM » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:00 am

I'm going back to the stance I had before "Mysterion Rises" - Kenny should have stayed dead after season five. He's done nothing useful for the series since then. He's not even a character. As Matt said, he's just a "stupid orange blob".

I still love Season 14, but this whole trilogy was stupid. It just brought up plotlines and killed them. Would have worked better as a two-parter, with Hindsight cut from the first episode, allowing plenty of time for the cult and Cartman scenes from last week, while cutting Hindsight's, and then skipping right here.

As a matter of a fact, I might re-cut it with the scripts to work better.
Mosquito121

Postby Mosquito121 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:47 am

At first I was WTF about MBC, but then I thought about it and it's like, Kenny was always pretty much a mystery, so I guess we have to live with it some more. At least MBC is gone. lol. But idk if this is relevant, in the Necronomicon, it showed a picture of the cult members around a baby trying to bring Cthullhu back, so maybe Kenny was used for that? & at the end Kenny's mom talks about the cult meeting, so idk.
halo bender

Postby halo bender » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:55 am

Could have been better, could have been worse. I'm really glad that the cube wasn't talking to Kenny in the end of the episode, though. Until they revealed it was Bradley the guy was talking to I just kept thinking "Oh my god, Kenny is an alien. What the f*ck. Now this is f*cking retarded."

So I'm glad that's not the case.

However, I am going to claim to have called the plot of this episode when I said last week that Matt and Trey would probably do whatever will piss of fans the most, heh.

I had expected a Harry Potter reference, but this isn't necessarily the conclusion ... though it seems pretty wrapped up. It wouldn't make sense for them to have explained away Cthulu, DP and have MBC take off, only to have next week involve all this again.

I'm glad that they've partially explained Kenny and that they didn't try to kill him off or get rid of his immortality. I hope that, from now on, Kenny won't be muffled all of the time. His voice as Mysterion kinda made him all the more f*cking awesome.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”