*1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

HAcoreRD

Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion

Postby HAcoreRD » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:23 am

I for one enjoyed this conclusion. Kenny had his role rebuilt, and I wonder if his 'power' will be mentioned outside this story arc, minus the usual cartoon rule of everything being back to as it was next episode. Whether Bradley is written out or not is debatable. He is a minor character outside the past 3 episodes, and I cannot see him being used again unless they say he lost his powers after completing his task (defeating Cthulu).

Kenny said he was in the dark dimension, but nothing was really "written". Kenny as an immortal only speculates he is technically not 'human', but a demi-god or something of that nature.

Shame there's one episode left this season. These 7 weeks fly by so fast. I'd wish they'd do an episode on Call of Duty for silliness, but I'd want a Wendy themed episode more. We'll see what their closer is, can't top Season 11's!
JVM

Postby JVM » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:38 am

^ Agreed. "The List" and "Professor Chaos" tie for my favorite episodes of all-time.
slow503

Postby slow503 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:15 am

Was ok didnt like the MBC ending but enjoyed it still. Cartman doin the Lebron thing then being told to f*ck off was priceless along with Bieber getting killed. Kenny being reborn did not surprise me since it happened before with Nambla episode. Now the explanation of the dark city should be explained with how he been there before. Also Cartman said what are you doing here Kenny? So then is it possible the guys remember him dying this time? If so they will remember him shooting himself this time in the end. The cult cursed him while still being inside his mother along with people to not recall his death. Unless its a natural one I think... cant wait to see the season finale. :)
sarahizasplovr

Postby sarahizasplovr » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:52 am

soz but i didnt like the new episode. I have a short attention span and it takes alot to keep me into something and this ep just seemed boring to me. It seemed like a lil kids show... what happened to eps like 200 and 201 they were funny, it seems like trey and matt lost their creativity skills after the season break... its such a shame... maybe they have been preoccupied with their musical who knows, but i still have faith in them, once this trilogy is over, i hope sp goes back to the way it was! :D
MrMcKenzie

Postby MrMcKenzie » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:31 am

halo bender wrote:Could have been better, could have been worse. I'm really glad that the cube wasn't talking to Kenny in the end of the episode, though. Until they revealed it was Bradley the guy was talking to I just kept thinking "Oh my god, Kenny is an alien. What the f*ck. Now this is f*cking retarded."

So I'm glad that's not the case.

I agree, I thought the same.
SajiNoKami

Postby SajiNoKami » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:18 am

slow503 wrote:Now the explanation of the dark city should be explained with how he been there before. Also Cartman said what are you doing here Kenny?

Yeah I want to know why Kenny knew of the dark city, he obviously does not go there when he dies.

No, Eric doesn't remember him dying, Kenny says it himself why Eric is confused... how did he escape the dark city? Actually Eric is the only one Kenny has not tried to explain his death power to.
http://sajinokami.com/

formally sage_emerald
Blktiger0

Postby Blktiger0 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:34 am

I really think this left too many loose ends and the ending wasn't well done at all. Tons of buildup (basically 2.5 episodes worth) for a 2 minute wrap up done in a comic book style. Which leaves no explanation of Mysterion's powers or origin. Seemed pretty rushed and half-assed to me.

However, the Lebron joke with the instant retort of "Go f*ck Yourself" was great, along with the Cute Kitten method. Plus Kenny's easy way to get to bed. f*ck Sleeping Pills. xD

My question is, can Kenny die if his mother dies?
James--76

Postby James--76 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:52 am

The entertainment section of the news paper had abit on the episode today this is what it said

SOUTH PARK is about the only TV show that really takes no prisoners.
JUSTIN BIEBER is the latest pop star to meet a grisly end in the cartoon.

He is crushed to death by Cartman's alter-ego "The Coon".

You've made it when you are big enough to be destroyed by creators MATT STONE and TREY PARKER.

See it Sunday at 10pm on Sky 126.

Though he was crushed to death by Cthulhu not "the Coon"
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
VACOOLA

Postby VACOOLA » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:10 pm

timmaln wrote:Did anyone else think that MBCs alien father kinda looked like Limahl? (The 80's cheesy neverending story guy)

He certainly did!

Shablagoo! Or should I rather say "Kajagoogoo!"? :mrgreen:
James--76

Postby James--76 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:11 pm

VACOOLA wrote:
timmaln wrote:Did anyone else think that MBCs alien father kinda looked like Limahl? (The 80's cheesy neverending story guy)

He certainly did!

Shablagoo! Or should I rather say "Kajagoogoo!"? :mrgreen:

yeah he did lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbdLQ7E_wZk :o
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
Spavvn

Postby Spavvn » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:12 pm

I like episode... just last scene, one how kenny comes to life every time, is STUPID!
1. They are poor, they dont have enought money to buy orange suit every time
2. How is that his friends dont remmeber it
3. how does he remmember everything if he reborns
4. how can he grow from a baby to a 4th grader in one night
5. in scene when they got banished into oblivion, and when he killed himself, how does he ressurect instantly after that to save them
6. In earlier episodes, season 4 or 5 i think, he really died for some time, so how didnt he revived instantly.
7. When he got the golden PSP to save heaven, how didnt he ressurected instead of going to heaven.

And THATS why he does not get reborn every time, he just have superpower that brings him back to life!!!
KENNY ROCKS!
Do you like putting fish st(d)icks in your mouth?
SPC

Postby SPC » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:56 pm

James--76 wrote:The entertainment section of the news paper had abit on the episode today this is what it said

SOUTH PARK is about the only TV show that really takes no prisoners.
JUSTIN BIEBER is the latest pop star to meet a grisly end in the cartoon.

He is crushed to death by Cartman's alter-ego "The Coon".

You've made it when you are big enough to be destroyed by creators MATT STONE and TREY PARKER.

See it Sunday at 10pm on Sky 126.

Though he was crushed to death by Cthulhu not "the Coon"
they most likely heard about it from some one else who saw it
Twins I[status:chapters 1 and 2 are up more coming]
Brendle

Postby Brendle » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:30 pm

thellama73 wrote:
Once again I agree with Brendle completely. It's interesting that so many people hated the ending. I thought the Mintberry Crunch mislead was brilliant. I guess I like South Park best when they are pissing off their fans.

Yep. It was a classic South Park move to have Mint Berry Crunch be the alien superhero with the power to vanquish the dark lord, and Kenny becomes a background character like normal.

Another funny moment: when people start pointing at The Coon and saying "Hey look it's Bruce Vilanch!" It's just a shame they already did this gag in The Coon.

Cartman, of course, totally ruins it by KILLING the f*cking news reporter. Remember the days when it was a HUGE shock for Cartman to murder? Remember Scott Tenorman? We all could not believe Cartman had done such an evil thing.

Now it's the norm. They've totally ruined him. He is now a serial mass-murderer, killing about 5 people every episode. What once was a multi-faceted fat kid with multiple layers to his character, is now a one-dimensional joke of a character.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.

Postby 81397 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:02 pm

Brendle wrote:Cartman, of course, totally ruins it by KILLING the f*cking news reporter. Remember the days when it was a HUGE shock for Cartman to murder? Remember Scott Tenorman? We all could not believe Cartman had done such an evil thing.

Now it's the norm. They've totally ruined him. He is now a serial mass-murderer, killing about 5 people every episode. What once was a multi-faceted fat kid with multiple layers to his character, is now a one-dimensional joke of a character.

I agree with that, the shock value is just not there anymore. For me though, the Scott Tenorman incident was a little more evil than having a fictional dark lord zap some random news guy. I mean that was some Jigsaw-like grand scheme.

I am more disappointed however with the new portrayal of (Liane) Cartman's mom. Well it's not a "new" portrayal, but continuing the stern mom act. It would just make more sense to me if Cartman had evolved into a genocidal maniac because of his mom continuing to whore around and not provide any supervision. Takes away from his depth as a character, as you mentioned. However, he's always been a cruel fat little bastard from day one so I guess this is just Cartman reaching the apex of his true colors.
Last edited by 81397 on Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LilNugget

Postby LilNugget » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:03 pm

Brendle wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Once again I agree with Brendle completely. It's interesting that so many people hated the ending. I thought the Mintberry Crunch mislead was brilliant. I guess I like South Park best when they are pissing off their fans.

Yep. It was a classic South Park move to have Mint Berry Crunch be the alien superhero with the power to vanquish the dark lord, and Kenny becomes a background character like normal.

Another funny moment: when people start pointing at The Coon and saying "Hey look it's Bruce Vilanch!" It's just a shame they already did this gag in The Coon.

Cartman, of course, totally ruins it by KILLING the f*cking news reporter. Remember the days when it was a HUGE shock for Cartman to murder? Remember Scott Tenorman? We all could not believe Cartman had done such an evil thing.

http://sadviolin.com/
Timmy!

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”