*1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

KennyMcAmazing

Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion

Postby KennyMcAmazing » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:52 pm

I'd like to see a Wendy/Stan episode... there really hasn't been one since the list.

Remember the old gag where Stan would always barf? They never use that anymore. They barely referenced it in "The List" which was a back in season 11.
I LOVE KENNY! Second favorite characters: Kyle and Butters

Postby 203177 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:01 pm

i hope he's not the villian of the boys either. hopefully he wont in the last season 14 ep.
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
Grievous George

Postby Grievous George » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:59 pm

WHERE'S MOHAMMED?
Cowboy21

Postby Cowboy21 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:11 am

I was doing research on the character Bradley aka Mintberry Crunch, and found his first appereance was in tbe episode where Butters was at BI-Curious Camp. Would someone please let me know if this is really the same Bradley? if so, they need to give him a bigger part in later episodes.

Next if you watch the very first episode of the Coon n Friends Trilogy does anyone else feel like the voice of Kite boy and Misquito changed from the first episode to the second just to throw off character predictions?
kengc

Postby kengc » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:12 am

So bieber's canadian, so why wasn't his head different like terrence and phillip?
BaddogDK

Postby BaddogDK » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:18 am

Cowboy21 wrote:I was doing research on the character Bradley aka Mintberry Crunch, and found his first appereance was in tbe episode where Butters was at BI-Curious Camp. Would someone please let me know if this is really the same Bradley? if so, they need to give him a bigger part in later episodes.

Next if you watch the very first episode of the Coon n Friends Trilogy does anyone else feel like the voice of Kite boy and Misquito changed from the first episode to the second just to throw off character predictions?

mosquito was definitely kyle. Trey and Matt are f*cking with all of us and switched voices after the first episode
JVM

Postby JVM » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:01 am

I was doing research on the character Bradley aka Mintberry Crunch, and found his first appereance was in tbe episode where Butters was at BI-Curious Camp. Would someone please let me know if this is really the same Bradley? if so, they need to give him a bigger part in later episodes.

That is NOT the same Bradley.

Bradley from "Cartman Sucks" (#1102) was a one time character who hasn't been seen since.

Bradley Biggle first appeared in the choir during "Rainforest Schmainforest" (#301) and joined the school in "Tweek vs. Craig" (#304) and joined the classroom in "Fourth Grade" (#412) He first spoke as voiced by Trey Parker in "Mr. Hankey's Christmas Classics" (#315) and was later voiced by Matt Stone in "Marjorine" (#909) with a voice he's kept since.

What? The voices don't change at all.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
Sgt.YatesMonkeyBalls

Postby Sgt.YatesMonkeyBalls » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:15 am

kengc wrote:So bieber's canadian, so why wasn't his head different like terrence and phillip?

At least one other Canadian celebrity had been depicted normally, though I can't recall who.

My guess is that they feel it would distract from the caricature, or, more likely, they simply didn't do the research. :wink:
Characters Ranked by Speaking Appearances...y'know, if you care about useless, autistic trivia like that.

Favorite Characters: Randy, Yates, and Butters
Favorite Episode: Cartman's Incredible Gift
Favorite Pairing: Randy x Sharon
JVM

Postby JVM » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:35 am

^ The Whale Wars Captain and Star Wars Kid were both rendered incorrectly. Still think there's one more.

I'm pretty sure it's, as mentioned, distracting from the caricature. All South Park Canadians look the same really. I mean you can tell them apart, but they don't really have any differences in their heads besides their hat or hair.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
KennyMcAmazing

Postby KennyMcAmazing » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:38 am

JVM wrote:^ The Whale Wars Captain and Star Wars Kid were both rendered incorrectly. Still think there's one more.

I'm pretty sure it's, as mentioned, distracting from the caricature. All South Park Canadians look the same really. I mean you can tell them apart, but they don't really have any differences in their heads besides their hat or hair.

But that is the joke of it. Everybody on south park looks alike except for hat and hair. All the children do (boys and girls), all the canadians, all the asians, and for the most part, most of the adults, minus a few exceptions.
I LOVE KENNY! Second favorite characters: Kyle and Butters

Postby 203177 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:44 am

Bradley is the same since season 3. i kinda like him ever since this final part
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:47 am

Grievous George wrote:WHERE'S MOHAMMED?

:| ...He was there, he was just off screen the whole time.
shazzaTPM

Postby shazzaTPM » Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:52 am

* The continuity with Cartman joins NAMBLA was a nice touch. The NAMBLA episode explained how it happened, while this episode explained why – to an extent, anyway. I think the gag -- if it wants to -- can still carry on, as South Park has a good way to turn on and off continuity depending on the context of the specific story and joke. So I disagree with those that believe the gag is now over since it continued after Cartman joins NAMBLA.

* I wonder if Kenny has talked about his immortality with his parents. Surely they are the only ones that know since his mother gives birth after everytime he dies. Then again, his resentment towards his parents alcoholism and poverty was more evident in this episode, so perhaps he does not feel comfortable talking to them about this.

* The ending seemed rushed and forced – definitely not a first for Matt and Trey, either. It’s like they get so infatuated by the plots that they keep leading them on and on until they realise, “Hey, we need to finish this up!” So they incorporate some hurried ending that does not live up to the hype. Many good story tellers are horrible at ending them as they just wish to tell the story forever.

* Kyle’s voice changed once it was announced it was Kyle. Then again, when things start to become serious, I guess Kyle saw there was no point to roleplay.

* When Kenny/Mysterion was trying to convince the boys he dies everytime, he reminded them of the latest incident. He mentioned that Stan said “Oh My God they killed Kenny!” and that Kyle called them a “bastard”. However, how does he know that as he was dead by then? :)
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:12 am

Grievous George wrote:WHERE'S MOHAMMED?

Muhammad (correct spelling in English btw) is here in The Hall Of The Super Best Friends. Where else would he be :?:
SlipKoRnsTein

Postby SlipKoRnsTein » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:17 am

The best thing ever seen in my life... you will never stop surprising me, and I want to see the last episode... you should SP is very bright.
Last edited by SlipKoRnsTein on Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”