*1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

halo bender

Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion

Postby halo bender » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:12 pm

kwolfshowl@aol.com wrote:Remember when Kenny says he's been to N'hel before? It was in a previous episode, 'cause it looked familiar to me too. Remember that episode? I only remember the creatures faces in it, though, nothing more. There you go, any commets just ask 'cause I scan this everyday.

The name of the city is "R'lyeh," but I think you're remembering when Kenny went to hell in the movie. They look similar, and hell has demons. (I haven't seen the movie in forever, but I seem to recall those things which you mention as having been like that. Whatevs.)
Scorchie

Postby Scorchie » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:25 pm

I was not surprised with the ending at all. As soon as I saw Mintberry Crunch and went "Who the hell is that kid?". . . I knew it was all going to end abrubtly with a big, retarded gag involving him.
They do it all the time. It's what makes the show funny.

I really do hope they continue to push Kenny more as a character. Of the four boys, he's the only one who's never really been expanded upon. It's about time he got his turn.
JVM

Postby JVM » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:08 am

Indeed, Comedy Central advertisements stated it's "the thrilling conclusion to the Coon saga."

However, this clip (0:06) strongly resembles the Nightmare City and one of the creatures there and makes me wonder if we missed something and makes me wonder about the possibility of a fourth part. Then again, we also never saw the boys and Towelie protest in "Medicinal Fried Chicken" (#1403) so I'm probably looking far too much into it, especially since the promo was made before the season itself.

People need to stop talking about Kenny getting so much development. Look, I was a Kenny fan until Wednesday. This saga brought NOTHING new to the table. We've seen Kenny be willing to sacrifice himself before ("Bigger, Longer & Uncut" being the best example) and worried about his deaths ("It's Christmas in Canada", #715) - the difference is this time we had it extent the whole episode. There was no NEW development, just more of the same sh*t Matt and Trey toss Kenny fans every few years to shut them up so they can go back to Kenny being a background character.

EDIT: Big-Will, although you probably know better than I do, the advert about the Book of Mormon festival said Season 15 begins in April instead of March, strangely.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
Brendle

Postby Brendle » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:10 am

Don't you think it was retarded that Matt voiced Clyde when he was Mosquito and Trey voiced him when he was Clyde?
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
JVM

Postby JVM » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:20 am

Brendle wrote:Don't you think it was retarded that Matt voiced Clyde when he was Mosquito and Trey voiced him when he was Clyde?

I don't know. Do you think it's retarded Eric Stough AND Mike Judge have voiced Kenny when he's unhooded but Matt when he's muffled?

Or that George W. Bush was voiced by Matt Stone in "Cartoon Wars, Part II" but by Trey in every other appearance?

Or that Terrance and Phillip have switched between the two so many times they don't know who voices who anymore?

If that doesn't answer your question, then I'll say it here - I don't really give a sh*t. Voice actors aren't of consequence to canon. I never considered Trey voicing Mysterion a deterrent to him being Kenny or Craig before this arc - which lol now everyone says Mysterion's always been Matt, or was Matt and is now Eric. I haven't seen any official statement yet of who played Mysterion in any episode though.

Besides, all of the voices among South Park's children are computer-enhanced. With enough work, Matt and Trey could sound exactly like each other. It's nobody's natural voice to begin with, so why's it matter that much?
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
Mazzy

Postby Mazzy » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:35 am

Maybe they just have to switch voices all the time in order to get the episode out on time, there is no need to read too far into it :3
-I am a girl-

'You got poop don't ch-ya?'
kwolfshowl@aol.com

Postby kwolfshowl@aol.com » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:36 am

Once again, SP fans are being a bit dramatic. About the Cartman being overly evil, shut up, will you? Cartman has always had that insanity stuck up inside of him, incase you haven't noticed. With all of that pent-up rage and mental disability (Haven't you noticed that either?), he is bound to make heads roll one time or another. :cartmanevillaugh: Hellllllooooo? It's CARTMAN!

Ok, so voices change, whatevs. The voicers (and no its not just MnT voicing) get old and their voice, no matter how awesome computers are, will destort. That's why Ike sounds different. Maybe MnT are messing with us, but who cares? I'm only dissapointed that Eric's accent in missing.
:roll:

I'm surprised I didn't see :timmy: in this one. He was in Hindsight, so why didn't I seem him now? Oh well, he is just a background character that will end up being killed off like Pip or Mrs.Choksondix.

Did anybody notice that Kenny has two voices in this one? There is his deep Mysterion voice that sounds all f*cking awesome and then there is his other voice. Remember that scene:

(Ctulhu and Cartman ride away)

Kenny: No, come back! I have to know what I am! Come back! :x

Cartman: F*ck you Keeny! :cartmanlaugh:

Kenny: Come back here you fat piece of sh*t! :x

His voice was different than his Mysterion voice in case you really didn't catch that.

That concludes my ranting, thanks!
Kenny: Pretty cool? Do you know what it's like being shot at, burned, torn apart, run over, stabbed?!
Stan: Dude, Kenny, calm down!
Kenny: It's not cool, dude; it f*cking hurts!
NG2NATE

Postby NG2NATE » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:04 am

Wait, I think kenny waking up in his bed after dying was explained, just not till the last couple seconds of the episode. As soon as they put baby kenny in his bed, his mom said "i knew we should've never gone to those cult meetings". Probably meaning that going to those cult meetings at some point, they were cursed (and probably drunk) while they were there. Cursing them to have the same baby reborn whenever it dies, coincidentally that baby tends to die at the age of 9 all the time.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:16 am

Actually, the more I think about it, the more genius the whole MBC pwning Mysterion thing gets. :lol:
I also keep thinking about the people who said they didn't say how the kids got out of R'lyeh. Maybe they were too caught up in the swirl of MBC one upping Mysterion to notice that MBC picked them up in a ball of MintBerry plasma or somesuch and hauled them the hell out of there.
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:54 am

I made an impulse buy 1 1/2 years ago; I very rarely make an impulse purchase. But I did - through a link on this very site I bought a Who is Mysterion T-Shirt :oops: But now, I want to buy a MBC shirt too for my collection 8)

Now my parents, my grandparents, and their cousins are all avid book collectors. And why not? They grew up going to public libraries and owning books themselves. Well, I poked around their own "personal library" and guess what I found?

Right here in front of me I have an 878 page book. The name of the book is:

"Necronomicon," The Best Weird Tales Of H.P. Lovecraft 8)

I had no idea we (my family/extended family) had this book in our possession.

Looks like I have some reading to do :)
Brendle

Postby Brendle » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:10 pm

JVM wrote:Or that George W. Bush was voiced by Matt Stone in "Cartoon Wars, Part II" but by Trey in every other appearance?

Uh, George Bush is not a main character. He's not even on the show enough to be a "recurring" character. If they mix up his voice actor, it doesn't matter.

Clyde is a pretty big, recurring character. Screwing up his voice is absolutely stupid.

What, next, Matt Stone voice-acting for Cartman? If he does that, are you going to STILL use this bullsh*t "who cares?!" defense? A hell of a lot of people would care if Matt Stone started voicing Cartman. Why can't a few people care if Clyde's voice is switched?

JVM wrote:Or that Terrance and Phillip have switched between the two so many times they don't know who voices who anymore?

Um, Terrence and Phillip have always been Phillip voiced by Trey and Terrence voiced by Matt. Matt and Trey have always stuck to this, except maybe a couple of times.

Matt and Trey claimed in a radio interview that they sometimes forget but they know FULLY well that Trey plays Phillip and Matt plays Terrence. They get their voices right 99% of the time.

Let's not forget Terrence and Phillip aren't nearly as big a character as Clyde. Terrence and Phillip are just a TV show the boys watch. Clyde has way more screen time.

JVM wrote:If that doesn't answer your question, then I'll say it here - I don't really give a sh*t. Voice actors aren't of consequence to canon.

OMG, get it in your head that voice actors ARE of consequence to canon. They are no less canonical than what appears on your television screen.

JVM wrote:Besides, all of the voices among South Park's children are computer-enhanced. With enough work, Matt and Trey could sound exactly like each other. It's nobody's natural voice to begin with, so why's it matter that much?

No, they couldn't. That's not possible. Every human has a unique voice box with unique vocal chords that sound at different frequencies/pitch.

I know Matt Stone's voice. I know it quite well. If Butters changed voice, I would immediately know. I also know Trey Parker's voice.

It's immediately obvious, for example, that Satan is Trey, due to the way Satan enunciates certain words and inflects. It's also obvious that Trey is Stan's grandpa and Matt is Tweek.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
halo bender

Postby halo bender » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:28 pm

You're angry about a voice.
Valterzzzz

Postby Valterzzzz » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:38 pm

I have a bad feeling that this is the end of Kenny as a character, if not even the whole show...
JVM

Postby JVM » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:15 pm

Uh, George Bush is not a main character. He's not even on the show enough to be a "recurring" character. If they mix up his voice actor, it doesn't matter.

Clyde's not a main character either. He's recurring. And if you didn't notice, EVERY FEMALE CHARACTER has switched voice actors AT LEAST THREE TIMES.

Clyde is a pretty big, recurring character. Screwing up his voice is absolutely stupid.

His voice isn't screwed up. It's fine when he takes the vuvuzela off and it's obviously Clyde's voice. It's not as if it was Clyde walking around talking normal with a totally different voice. Covering up your noise with a vuvuzela makes your voice more nasally.

What, next, Matt Stone voice-acting for Cartman? If he does that, are you going to STILL use this bullsh*t "who cares?!" defense? A hell of a lot of people would care if Matt Stone started voicing Cartman. Why can't a few people care if Clyde's voice is switched?

Cartman is different. Cartman is an INTEGRAL character who speaks in EVERY DAMN EPISODE. Clyde could be gone for an entire season with little long-term effects on the show.

And you're the only one I've seen bitch about Clyde so far.

Um, Terrence and Phillip have always been Phillip voiced by Trey and Terrence voiced by Matt. Matt and Trey have always stuck to this, except maybe a couple of times.

Matt and Trey claimed in a radio interview that they sometimes forget but they know FULLY well that Trey plays Phillip and Matt plays Terrence. They get their voices right 99% of the time.

Let's not forget Terrence and Phillip aren't nearly as big a character as Clyde. Terrence and Phillip are just a TV show the boys watch. Clyde has way more screen time.

Clyde wouldn't have 70% of his screen time if he wasn't always in the classroom. There are many episodes where Clyde appears and doesn't even speak. He's really not THAT integral to South Park's canon. He's just another boy in the kids' class.

OMG, get it in your head that voice actors ARE of consequence to canon. They are no less canonical than what appears on your television screen.

Yes they are.

Craig is not going to come forward and say "I'm voiced by Matt Stone." It's not a canonical fact. By your definition, none of the female characters should exist anymore.

No, they couldn't. That's not possible. Every human has a unique voice box with unique vocal chords that sound at different frequencies/pitch.

Yes, they could. These are computer programs, and professional ones we could not attain. We don't know their capabilities. Or, I'm sorry, are you some kind of voice acting student? You do it for a living?

I know Matt Stone's voice. I know it quite well. If Butters changed voice, I would immediately know. I also know Trey Parker's voice.

I know Matt and Trey's voices pretty well myself, but I don't usually pay attention the voices that damn much.

It's immediately obvious, for example, that Satan is Trey, due to the way Satan enunciates certain words and inflects. It's also obvious that Trey is Stan's grandpa and Matt is Tweek.

Big f*cking whoop. You're making such a fuss over it, but you're not really giving me any reason why it's such a big f*cking deal that when Clyde has a vuvuzela on, his voice is not by the same actor.
RichardV1149

Postby RichardV1149 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:35 pm

People are way too obsessed with South Park, making it like its theirs, I'm not one to say I don't wish South Park to be one way or another, but some people take it too far. Fighting over who voices who, for example. It is not a big deal because you can't notice it unless your looking for it. Forum, yes you, South Park is not yours, its Matt&Trey's, they do what ever they want to it. Plain and simple. Now that's just my opinion, maybe you do own some of South Park and choose what's what. In my opinion, "Good South Park fans will watch an episode and not suck all the life and fun out of it".

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”