*1414: Crème Fraiche* Pre-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

15avaughn

Re: *1414: Crème Fraiche* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby 15avaughn » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:06 am

kwolfshowl@aol.com wrote:Ohmigawd, are you thinking what I'm thinking? Here are my guesses for Sharon. :mrgreen:

- Wrestling

Family Guy did it! :p
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:35 am

And The Simpsons did Female Bodybuilding before that... I think.
mpress2202

Postby mpress2202 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:42 am

Who cares about Family Guy and Simpsons! South Park rocks! 8) :cartmanevil:
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:13 pm

Well, not having Cable/Satellite, I don't get the Food Network; only what's on PBS. You know, Scandinavian Cooking, (Norway, Sweden, Finland); Mexico, One Plate At A Time, Julia Childs, Julia Childs and Jacques Pépin; Jacques Pépin - Fast Food My Way, and other food shows.

According to my understanding from a previous post from Bug, (and I may be incorrect in this), these shows i just mentioned are different from the Food Network shows. So I think I will miss some of the inside jokes; hopefully I'll understand them in reading the post-air thread later.

I'm not the only one who doesn't get the Food Network. Other posters in countries other than the USA also don't get that channel. So, here's hoping it's a fantastic closing episode for Season 14, and as i implied, posters in the post-air thread will give away the secret inside jokes that people such as me would have missed. Thanks, guys, in advance for helping those of us out who don't receive the Food Network by posting those inside jokes in the post-air thread :mrgreen:
8shortfuse

Postby 8shortfuse » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:09 pm

15avaughn wrote:
kwolfshowl@aol.com wrote:Ohmigawd, are you thinking what I'm thinking? Here are my guesses for Sharon. :mrgreen:

- Wrestling

What episode was that? I don't remember that one...huh. I'm completely outta the loop.
RichardV1149

Postby RichardV1149 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:14 pm

Stan's life is a shambles both at home and in school. Randy's obsession with the Food Network Is changing everything. It even forces Sharon to explore a new interest of her own. When his mom takes off with her "new interest", Stan is left behind to pick up the pieces.

Prediction Time!
Opening scene at school, grades failing for Stan? No one talks to him, or maybe an embarrassing moment? Randy of course starts on a crazy of watching food network and eating fatty foods. Sharon, the down to earth person, notices some weight gain and decides to go to the gym. She ends up liking it and get seriously into it, like Marge from The Simpsons, remember rule 1, The Simpson's have done everything. Anyway back on track, Stan must figure out a way to stop the food network, either literally or just cutting the cable and get his mom back home? I'm seriously pulling #### out of my ass. But that's what a prediction is, in the end I guess Stan gets screwed over some how, poor kid.
IKyman

Postby IKyman » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:35 pm

This sounds like an interesting episode :lol: I used to watch Food Network a lot.
KennyMcAmazing

Postby KennyMcAmazing » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:43 pm

What does Creme Fraiche mean?
I LOVE KENNY! Second favorite characters: Kyle and Butters
IKyman

Postby IKyman » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:53 pm

KennyMcAmazing wrote:What does Creme Fraiche mean?

I have no idea :lol:
mr. kitty

Postby mr. kitty » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:05 pm

8shortfuse wrote:
15avaughn wrote:

- Wrestling

What episode was that? I don't remember that one...huh. I'm completely outta the loop.

dude, you don't watch Family Guy. Get the f*ck off this forum!
meow
mr. kitty

Postby mr. kitty » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:06 pm

Are you serious? jfgi.
meow
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:12 pm

RichardV1149 wrote:Stan's life is a shambles both at home and in school. Randy's obsession with the Food Network Is changing everything. It even forces Sharon to explore a new interest of her own. When his mom takes off with her "new interest", Stan is left behind to pick up the pieces.

Prediction Time!
Opening scene at school, grades failing for Stan? No one talks to him, or maybe an embarrassing moment? Randy of course starts on a crazy of watching food network and eating fatty foods. Sharon, the down to earth person, notices some weight gain and decides to go to the gym. She ends up liking it and get seriously into it, like Marge from The Simpsons, remember rule 1, The Simpson's have done everything. Anyway back on track, Stan must figure out a way to stop the food network, either literally or just cutting the cable and get his mom back home? I'm seriously pulling #### out of my ass. But that's what a prediction is, in the end I guess Stan gets screwed over some how, poor kid.

That's a pretty good prediction. Any of it could happen, defiantly. We will see tomorrow!! :D Whatever happens I am sure Stan will get screwed over/ adults will misunderstand his true intentions. As always. Poor kid never catches a break... :roll:
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:37 pm

Are you serious? You should learn about google, bing, yahoo, and others.

Welcome to the internet, KennyMcAmazing. Matt Stone and Trey Parker are doing a show in part on the Food Network where they make things on the Food Network using crème fraiche. What is crème fraiche you ask?

Crème fraiche is a delicious, thinner form of sour cream first developed by the French. It has a slight hold and tanginess because it contains bacterial cultures. But the amounts of cultures are minimal as compared to those in sour cream. Crème fraiche can be used as a topping, in sauces, or in a variety of other applications, and many prefer it to the standard and more commonly available sour cream because of its creamy texture.

One of the advantages of crème fraiche is that it doesn’t “break” or become unstable when added to sauces. This is due to its high fat content. If you’re making thick cream soups, Hungarian Goulash or any type of sauce that you want thickened with cultured cream, crème fraiche is a great choice, and a much better choice than sour cream. Crème fraiche is additionally delicious when you whip it with a little powdered sugar and vanilla. It can be ladled over fresh berries, or any kind of fruit, or can make up a sweet filling for crepes.

There are several different methods for making crème fraiche. In France, where crème fraiche is most available, the heavy cream used to make it is unpasteurized. It therefore contains natural bacteria, and when allowed to sit at room temperature or to “age,” it cultures on its own. In the US, the pasteurization process required of most dairy products means that crème fraiche must be made in a different manner.

There are two essential methods for making crème fraiche with pasteurized cream. One is to simply allow heavy cream with about a tablespoon per cup (.98 metric tablespoons per .23 liters) ratio of yogurt or buttermilk added. The mixture sits at room temperature for 12-24 hours. The more common method of making crème fraiche is to heat the cream first, and then add the yogurt or buttermilk to the heated cream. Again the crème fraiche sits out at room temperature for up to a day.

Both of these methods can be employed at home, and they should result in crème fraiche that can then be refrigerated and kept for up to about 7 days. The bacteria present in the crème fraiche keeps it from spoiling so both methods are considered safe. Crème fraiche made with unpasteurized milk, as it is in France, is also considered safe since the bacteria naturally present in the cream are considered safe.

Yet if the milk is somehow contaminated, it could theoretically make you ill. This is a rare occurrence and does not stop crème fraiche from being one of the most enjoyed staples in French cuisine and throughout Europe. The US version of crème fraiche may be a little harder to come by but you can usually find it in specialty food stores or make your own version at home.

Okay Kenny McAmazing? I hope this helps.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:51 pm

"Fresh Cream." zzyzx already you what it is.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
KennyMcAmazing

Postby KennyMcAmazing » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:07 pm

O.O

Note to self... innocent questions regarding translations tend to annoy people...

I knew that it was a type of cream, but I was asking for the literal translation. I was asking what Creme Fraiche MEANT not what it WAS.

Thanks for the translation Big Will.
I LOVE KENNY! Second favorite characters: Kyle and Butters

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”