*1414: Crème Fraiche* Pre-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

BRMBug

Re: *1414: Crème Fraiche* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby BRMBug » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:03 pm

Well it looks like some happy panda out there is gonna get that Guy Fieri spoof they've been wanting.
And no Zyz, the shows on Food Network aren't exactly like the ones on PBS. Well, The ones in the morning and early afternoon kinda are. Later in the day you get stuff like Good Eats and Iron Chef America competitions, and documentary/'reality" type shows like Ace of Cakes. I've been trying to find clips of Good Eats on the FN website, but it just all seems to be about the cooking. They don't show all the little asides that Alton does. :/

Ohh! I hope they rip on Robert Irvine some. Short story long, he reeeeealy padded his resume, and kinda disappeared off of Dinner: Impossible for a little while. *woupse*

I also hope they don't rip on Paula Deen too much. Although every time I think of her, I remember this YT clip :lol: I don't imagine they would, but you can never tell with those bastards. :)
thellama73

Postby thellama73 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:49 pm

Shhh, listen! Do you hear that scratching sound? That's the bottom of the idea bucket being scraped.
JamesBray

Postby JamesBray » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:18 pm

Wish it was about the four boys.
Favorite Character: Jimmy
Favorite Episode: Krazy Kripples
NinjaSkittles

Postby NinjaSkittles » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:39 pm

Seems interesting. Can't wait!!!
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:45 pm

thellama73 wrote:Shhh, listen! Do you hear that scratching sound? That's the bottom of the idea bucket being scraped.

At least Brendle is still a fan of the show.
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:46 pm

Niels0827 wrote:Sounds like a gender role reversal. Women usually do the cooking and men usually stay in shape by lifting weights.

Could be, although in this day and age men cook just as much as women. I expect them too at least, this ain't the 1950s anymore people!!

So yeah, Randy into food, Sharon into weights/staying fit, it should be really funny to see. :mrgreen:

Excited!!!
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:27 pm

@StanLuv-

mibbit.com

Then go to server, join channel #StanLuv. Talk there since PMs fail.

As for the episode, I am happy to see a Sharon/Randy issue. I have always marked them down. I doubt it would be something that would be a runner on the show, but hey, I'll take what I can.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
KennyMcAmazing

Postby KennyMcAmazing » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:14 pm

Stanluv25 wrote:
Niels0827 wrote:Sounds like a gender role reversal. Women usually do the cooking and men usually stay in shape by lifting weights.

Could be, although in this day and age men cook just as much as women. I expect them too at least, this ain't the 1950s anymore people!!

So yeah, Randy into food, Sharon into weights/staying fit, it should be really funny to see. :mrgreen:

Excited!!!

If you want to get picky about it, cooking used to be a man-only job. Female chefs were unheard of, at one time.

Anyway, I don't know what to expect, but I'm sure it will be funny =D I love Ace of Cakes... I hope that they do something with that "What would Brian Boitano Make" thing XD
I LOVE KENNY! Second favorite characters: Kyle and Butters
Hayley B

Postby Hayley B » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:16 pm

*now that I am out of my grumpy on I'm going to miss Mysterion mood*

I wonder if they are going to have Paula Deen. Is she the one putting sticks of butter? (that one of you guys were referring too)

I use to remember Julia Child loving butter.

But as for Paula Deen. I just love how she says oil. :D
Hayley B: My own name Location: Delaware,USA
Favorite South Park Character: *too many* But I like Kenny,Kyle,Cartman,Butters,Satan,& Damien.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:40 pm

Anybody speak French? What does that title translate to? Babelfish is giving me nothing. Well, nothing for "Fraiche".

That image with Sharon and a Shake Weight should be good for a cheap laugh. A cheap laugh that's been done elsewhere of course.

My expectations are pretty low for this one. They're coming off a big trilogy and it's the last show of the season so they might be coasting to the finish. Plus they're going to poke fun at a pop culture entity that doesn't seem worth their effort. I mean the Food Network? Really? What's next, the Golf Channel?

But who knows, they've surprised me before. If it turns out to be an episode driven by characters instead of plot, it could just turn out alright. Randy has carried episodes for me before.

You read it! You can't unread it!
15avaughn

Postby 15avaughn » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:41 pm

I wonder if they'll cook Butters. :chaos: :lol:
JOSHSKORN

Postby JOSHSKORN » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:51 pm

kfgg wrote:You can watch him put a doughnut in a blender with ice cream here

http://www.foodnetwork.com/what-would-b ... index.html

Ooooh look at the way the milk pours onto the ice cream so slowly and up close. Wow...

I'd rather watch Pee Wee Herman make a salad.
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:16 pm

BRMBug wrote:Lol, she's using a shake-weight.

Uh oh...

I've joked about those things before, and if they have her do what I THINK they'll have her do, then somebody's read my mind...

Along with millions of others, I don't doubt!

:lol:
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:22 pm

triplemultiplex wrote:Anybody speak French? What does that title translate to? Babelfish is giving me nothing. Well, nothing for "Fraiche".

It's "Fresh". It's also "cool" as in "cool to the touch." So it's "fresh cream" or "cool cream." Apparently, it's a French sour cream.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:25 pm

Big-Will wrote:
triplemultiplex wrote:Anybody speak French? What does that title translate to? Babelfish is giving me nothing. Well, nothing for "Fraiche".

It's "Fresh". It's also "cool" as in "cool to the touch." So it's "fresh cream" or "cool cream." Apparently, it's a French sour cream.

"Cool cream"...Noxzema?

:lol:

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”