*1414: Crème Fraîche* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

docbrae

Re: *1414: Crème Fraiche* Post-Air Discussion

Postby docbrae » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:54 pm

i tried watching the latest episode "creme fraiche" on southparkstudios.com but kept on getting the episode when stan is a peewee hockey coach... but only the last 3-4 minutes of it. Anyone else have this problem happen to them?
missdarcy

Postby missdarcy » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:04 pm

the episode has only worked for me once thus far... now it wont
~~take off our clothes and loo loo loo~~

~~you french-fry when you should pizza, you're gonna have a bad time~~
Reiska

Postby Reiska » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:55 pm

Decent, although repetitive ending for quite a weak season.

Mediocrity with a few good moments. T&M can do a lot better, hopefully in season 15.

At least there won't be a shortage of political and economic issues but i fear that T&M are getting weary of the series.
" They must find it difficult...

Those who have taken authority as the truth rather than truth as the authority. "
SirKerrek

Postby SirKerrek » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:05 pm

Awww... f*ck yeah... you deglaze the f*ck outta that pan... take a little red wine... awwwww... yeah....

Anyway, I love Randy.

I do, I'll admit it. I've got a serious mancrush on Randy. An honest-to-goodness broner for Randy. His episodes are fairly hit-and-miss for me. A miss, e.g. "More Crap" and a hit, e.g. "The Losing Edge." And I was so so SO happy that this episode was a hit (for me anyway).

Roughly 65% of the 9.5 I'm gearing up to rate this episode as is for my love of Randy. His scenes were all crazily funny, my favorite perhaps being Randy as Chef, even going so far as to say "Hello, children."

Another 25% of that rating stems purely from my own quasi-addiction to the Food Network. I DVR three shows: South Park, Dexter, and Good Eats. I watch it quite a bit, especially if I'm in a there's-nothing-else-on-might-as-well-watch-somebody-cook-some-sh*t kinda mood.

The last 10% goes to the so-obviously lampoonable and phallic Shake Weight. Also, I appreciated a Sharon B-story for, like, once.

However, 100% of the 0.5 points I'm not giving to the episode came from the last 17 or so of the Shake Weight cutaways. They were repetitive, let's just be honest.

But overall, the episode was hilarious, definitely better than the last two run-finales (i.e. "Crippled Summer" and "Pee"). Like I said, 9.5/10.

But... wait... Season 14's over. I guess that means...
Favorite Character: Butters
Favorite Episode: Good Times with Weapons
missdarcy

Postby missdarcy » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:08 pm

Rachel Ray?
~~take off our clothes and loo loo loo~~

~~you french-fry when you should pizza, you're gonna have a bad time~~
zzyzx 1

Re: Why is the episode "Creme Fraiche" playing Stephen Colbe

Postby zzyzx 1 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:13 pm

Heidikins020 wrote:QUESTION.... My boyfriend and I don't yet have cable in our apartment, so we have to wait until the next day to watch the new episodes on SouthParkStudios.com. We never have any problems, but just now, when we wanted to watch the new episode, "Creme Fraiche," all that plays is an episode of Stephen Colbert. It goes through its usual ads before the episode, and then it starts Stephen Colbert. lol Why!?!?!? Can anyone answer me that!? Thanks in advance to anyone who replies and helps me out! (:

Sure, no problem in answering your question :D

One of South Park Studios dot Com's content delivery partners happens to be sending out bad data today; as I post this I believe the problem is already resolved :)

Enjoy 1414! The next episode, episode 01 of Season 15 airs on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 at 10 pm Eastern/Pacific.
Last edited by zzyzx 1 on Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
djs89

Postby djs89 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:14 pm

I take it the message of this episode was that people who are obsessed with cooking need to get laid, and that those shaker things look like penises.

I didn't like it or hate it. It's one of those episodes I wouldn't want to watch again, except for maybe the Terrance and Phillip part. I think The Coon episodes were much cooler.
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:22 pm

djs89 wrote:I take it the message of this episode was that people who are obsessed with cooking need to get laid, and that those shaker things look like penises.

I didn't like it or hate it. It's one of those episodes I wouldn't want to watch again, except for maybe the Terrance and Phillip part. I think The Coon episodes were much cooler.

You really liked the Terrance and Phillip part where they do a parody of that obnoxious "Flo" lady of Progressive insurance? At least as in previous T&P segments, the boys knew the lines so well that in unison they said: "I knew we should have gone to Geico (Insurance instead of Progressive :lol: )

I can't stand that "Flo" person on Progressive.

Oh, I like how the opening now keeps the Mysterion waving/turning into a cardboard cutout (because Kenny is also there waving) at the beginning of the episode where all the townspeople are there waving, and the new addition of Mint Berry Crunch flying around :)
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: *1414: Crème Fraîche* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Big-Will » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:33 pm

Season 14 lists thread here. Make a note of it. I will delete any lists that appear after this post.

Also, accents added back to the title. I'm not going back and add them to the individual posts though.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
nerdocrat

Postby nerdocrat » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:01 pm

I didn't like the episode, but not because it was boring, so much, as it was incomplete. If T&M had cut out half the Randy scenes & half the Sharon scenes, inserted a subplot, and then alternated between the two stories, I think the sex-related jokes from cooking and working out may have been funnier. The two plots could converge at the end and save the day for the characters involved. This would have been a really good episode for Stan/Kyle to say "I've learned something today...".

Yeah, I know it sounds like a cut-and-dry model, but come on, it was better than than the Crème Fraîche episode, right?
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:20 pm

The only reason I finished watching the episode was to see if anything actually funny would happen. The 'motivational' voice of the shake weight was the only remotely humorous thing I encountered, and that was amusing for about 4 seconds.

I saw every joke from a mile away, and SNL already did the shake weight.

I'm actually stunned at how terrible this episode was. I hate to be so critical, but the impression I got from watching this is that they wanted to wrap up the season and be done with it as soon as possible.

Good luck with the Mormon thing, I guess.
MelCandy

Postby MelCandy » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:27 pm

Great way to end the season! A Randy episode!! Really awesome.
"I just don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die."

Favorite SP characters: Butters, Cartman, Randy
Favorite ep: Over Logging (1206)

Postby 203177 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:42 pm

worst ep 5/10 nothing was funny about it. accept for gordon ramsey. when cartman was disguised as him. eh overall this whole season gets a C.
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
Bukowski

Postby Bukowski » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:03 pm

Finally! A good 'Old Fashioned' South Park episode. Don't get me wrong I dig Mysterion, Mintberry Crunch, the Coon & Friends but it's always refreshing to get an old school South Park episode.

The only disconcerting thing about an old school type South Park episode is that the animation now compared to say season 3 or 4 is such a huge difference that you feel a kind of distance from the episode.

It's like, "Wait! I know this is South Park but the animation, it's, well, it doesn't suck!" Just kind of throws me off when the guys go back and do more of a traditional show. What I mean by traditional show is that the show is actually freaking laugh out loud funny as hell.

I love all the seasons of South Park - this isn't a dig on an early season compared to this season - I thought this season rocked (except for the fact that we still can't watch a couple of certain episodes, cough, cough, Comedy Central *BLEEP*). I just thought this last episode brought out some of the old humor that you used to see regularly.

Anyway great episode. And for the record I thought the 2nd Coon & Friends episode just might be my favorite episode since the NAMBLA episode from Season 4.

Can't wait until next season (final season?). Have a great break.

Going into Sleep Mode.
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:11 pm

I am really surprised some people hate it and said it was the worst. To say this was the worst... over Crippled Summer... c'mon, that was hardly funny at all. But, my opinion. :roll: I guess you have to know what Food Network is about, or something to understand what was going on. Or you simply don't care about food shows. I am getting tired of parody episodes but this one was spot on hilarious. I love the Food Network and I love sex jokes. SP had sex jokes and twisted stories and whatnot since the beginning. I dunno about you but seeing Sharon sprayed with a 'cool mist' was one of the funniest things ever. And it had a nice ending. The Shake Weight helped out Randy and Sharon's marriage. How can that be a bad thing?

Sorry, it just bothers me when I hear a lot of negativity towards what I thought was a great episode. Even if it's just an opinion. I dunno how a SP fan could not have laughed at this episode.

PS: AAAWWWW season 15 starts at the end of APRIL??? NNNOOOO will-not- be able to wait!!
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”