It's time for Season 14 rundowns, lists, and ratings!

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

SirKerrek

It's time for Season 14 rundowns, lists, and ratings!

Postby SirKerrek » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:23 pm

...It's time for Season 14 rundown! *no one claps* All right!!

(Let's see if the people in charge here (viz. Big-Will) branch this off into its own thread like last time.)

Here we go:

1401 - Sexual Healing: I remember pretty much nothing about this episode, apart from the videogame parody near the beginning. That tells me it probably was less good than what I gave it, and I was rating the episode based solely on how pumped I was that South Park was starting up again. 8/10.

1402 - The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs: Loved it for two reasons: Catcher in the Rye & Morgan Freeman. 8.5/10.

1403 - Medicinal Fried Chicken: Absolutely completely unequivocably hilarious. 9.75/10.

1404 - You Have 0 Friends: Facebook parody was win, and it was actually kinda heartwarming... 9/10.

1405 - 200: A love-letter from Matt & Trey to their fans. It's a 10/10 for principle alone, if nothing else.

1406 - 201: It's still a shame about the fate this episode met. Hopefully there'll be some incarnation of it on the Season 14 DVD. 9.75/10.

1407 - Crippled Summer: Funny, but the weakest of 14A. 7/10.

1408 - Poor and Stupid: An insipid episode, but it had me laughing pretty hard. 8.25/10.

1409 - It's a Jersey Thing: Each act got progressively better and led up to a ball-buster conclusion. 8.75/10.

1410 - Insheeption: Each act got progressively worse, but overall a stronger episode than its predecessor. Shame about the whole College Humor thing though. 9.25/10.

1411 - Coon 2: Hindsight: Solid, but low on laughs. A Clockwork Orange reference though, very nice. 8/10.

1412 - Mysterion Rises: In retrospect, the weakest of the trilogy, but good reveal with Kenny as Mysterion. 7.5/10.

1413 - Coon vs. Coon and Friends: I was not too pumped about this trilogy, but this conclusion was great. 8.5/10.

1414 - Creme Fraiche: Surprisingly my pick for the best of the 14B, just repetitive in the whole Shake Weight area. 9.5/10.

Overall, Season 14 was pretty good. The first run far outshone the second (imo) but both were decent. That being said, this wasn't as good as Season 13, but it was better than 12 (12A being perhaps my least favorite run of SP ever).

And I guess that's it... Here comes Season 15. Will it be their last season? I really don't know. In any case, I'll see everyone in March!
Favorite Character: Butters
Favorite Episode: Good Times with Weapons
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: It's time for Season 14 rundowns, lists, and ratings!

Postby Big-Will » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:31 pm

Mais oui, mon ami.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:32 pm

SirKerrek wrote:. . . . Overall, Season 14 was pretty good. The first run far outshone the second (imo) but both were decent. That being said, this wasn't as good as Season 13, but it was better than 12 (12A being perhaps my least favorite run of SP ever).

And I guess that's it... Here comes Season 15. Will it be their last season? I really don't know. In any case, I'll see everyone in March!

Really? Season 12A? Super Fun Time is one of my all time favs :) School trip, Garrison a man again (well at least a man by gender), criminals robbing a Burger King, bad historical actor employees who won't break character, Cartman and Butters holding hands like "special friends," - one of my all time favs!

But Season 15 - for whatever reason, the typical March/April run has been announced to be an April/May/June run, starting on Wednesday, April 27, ending with S15E07 on June 8, 2011 :o I don't know why; obviously something to do with the Season 15 contract and maybe to allow M&T and CC to negotiate for future seasons - but that's just speculation on my part.
missdarcy

Postby missdarcy » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:51 pm

I love season 12, possibly more than 13.
~~take off our clothes and loo loo loo~~

~~you french-fry when you should pizza, you're gonna have a bad time~~
SirKerrek

Postby SirKerrek » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:00 pm

zzyzx 1 wrote: Really? Season 12A? Super Fun Time is one of my all time favs :) School trip, Garrison a man again (well at least a man by gender), criminals robbing a Burger King, bad historical actor employees who won't break character, Cartman and Butters holding hands like "special friends," - one of my all time favs!

12A had only two (again, in my opinion) certifiably good episodes. Namely, 1203 "Major Boobage" and the one you mentioned, 1207 "Super Fun Time."

Every other episode was fundamentally flawed in one way or another, be it the heavy-handed unfunniness of "Over Logging," the pointless tedium of "Eek, a Penis!" or the glaring forehead-smacking stupidity of "Britney's New Look."

"Super Fun Time" was good, nay great, but by then it was almost too-little, too-late.

(Note that I still think each of those episodes had funny moments for example, the ectoplasm, the penis/mouse singing at the moon, and BRITNEY WOWTCH, but still they lacked for me in an overall sense.)
Favorite Episode: Good Times with Weapons
JamesBray

Postby JamesBray » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:09 pm

Really, I thought 12A was awesome and 12B was horrible. Overall, this season was better than 12.
Favorite Character: Jimmy
Favorite Episode: Krazy Kripples
metboi07

Postby metboi07 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:23 pm

I have no idea why some people are getting up in arms about season 14. I thought it was good.

To be honest season 12 is actually my favorite, next to season 7 and 8. But season 14 wasn't bad. I just feel people are a little upset because their so used to South Park and its raunchy/balls out humor. Even though that's what made the show popular, I think it's nice they took a more mature and sophisticated approach to the humor in this season. The only criticism about this season was they didn't have a Mr. Garrison episode, which was what I was hoping for.

But to me I think the weakest episode this season was "The Tale of Scrottie McBoogerballs." It was funny, but the humor was a little dry for me.

Overall: This was a very good season, but not as good as season 13. Hopefully season 15 will be better.

Season 14 highlights: Medicinal Fried Chicken, 200, 201, It's a Jersey Thing, Coon vs. Coon and Friends
favorite character: Kyle
favorite episode: Lil Crime Stoppers
James--76

Postby James--76 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:43 pm

Well i did leave a review for each episode but for some reason it signed me out before i could post it maybe i spent too long reviewing but i really liked this season it had the 2 parter 200/201 and the great 3 parter and the excellent You have 0 friends got a perfect 10 as did the trilogy.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
Sgt.YatesMonkeyBalls

Postby Sgt.YatesMonkeyBalls » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:45 pm

I don't like scores, so let me just rank the episodes:

1. 201
2. 200
3. Medicinal Fried Chicken
4. You Have 0 Friends
5. It's a Jersey Thing
6. Sexual Healing
7. The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs
8. Creme Fraiche
9. Coon vs. Coon & Friends
10. Crippled Summer
11. Poor and Stupid
12. Mysterion Rises
13. Coon 2: Hindsight
14. Insheeption (would be #7 but the accidental plagiarism made them lose a ton of respect from me)

Season 14 overall: Well, I think 14a is a high-point, whereas 14b is one of the lowest. Not as bad as 12a, though.
Characters Ranked by Speaking Appearances...y'know, if you care about useless, autistic trivia like that.

Favorite Characters: Randy, Yates, and Butters
Favorite Episode: Cartman's Incredible Gift
Favorite Pairing: Randy x Sharon
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:04 pm

#1401- Sexual Healing: 7.5/10. A solid first act gives in to a weak second and weaker third. Some good jokes and liked the video game parody, but the third act was quite bad.

#1402- The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs: 7/10. Meh. Not terrible, but did not find too much funny about it and the plot wasn't great. Some nice parts scattered about.

#1403- Medicinal Fried Chicken: 8.5/10. Very funny. Nice little plot, nice jokes, good parts shared around. Not special.

#1404- You Have 0 Friends: 9/10. Fantastically funny with a good plot, did not have enough juice to become special.

#1405- 200: 8/10. The first part was funnier than the second and, while nothing special, was nice.

#1406- 201: 7/10. The hubub over Muhammad overshadowed everything, and what should have been a nice fan episode turned into a pawn.

#1407- Crippled Summer: 6.5/10. Didn't find much humor- the forced humor/message of the subplot did not work for me.

#1408- Poor and Stupid: 7.5/10. One joke done well but overused, a second joke done partially well, and a plot that is forgettable. Deceny, not great.

#1409- It's A Jersey Thing: 8.5/10. Pretty solid episode, with weaknesses being the time spent explaining the Jersey invasion.

#1410- Insheeption: 8.5/10. Great first act and fair second act, each one with a fair number of jokes executed well, undone partially by a terrible third act.

#1411- Coon 2: Hindsight: 8.5/10. Best of the trilogy with a decent story, good laughs, kids being kids.

#1412- Mysterion Rises: 8/10. Weaker on all counts than Coon 2, though with many of the same issues. The story took a turn for the dramatic and therefore worse.

#1413- Coon vs. Coon and Friends: 7/10. I was bored. Nothing terrible, but I found myself increasingly disinterested.

#1414- Creme Fraiche: 9/10. Best of the season, perhaps. Very funny, solid jokes. Good character enriched plot, some nice scenes. Needed more development or action for Stan and the jokes ran stale, but overall, very well done.

List from best to worst:
Creme Fraiche
You Have 0 Friends
Medicinal Fried Chicken
Insheeption
It's A Jersey Thing
Coon 2: Hindsight
Mysterion Rises
Sexual Healing
Poor and Stupid
Coon vs. Coon and Friends
The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs
Crippled Summer

14A gets 53.5/70.
14B gets 57/70.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Jake, M'kay?

Postby Jake, M'kay? » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:35 pm

Don't feel like writing a crapload so...

#1401- Sexual Healing: C-
#1402- The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs: C
#1403- Medicinal Fried Chicken: B
#1404- You Have 0 Friends: B-
#1405- 200: B
#1406- 201: B
#1407- Crippled Summer: C+
#1408- Poor and Stupid: C+
#1409- It's A Jersey Thing: C
#1410- Insheeption: B-
#1411- Coon 2: Hindsight: B
#1412- Mysterion Rises: B
#1413- Coon vs. Coon and Friends: B+
#1414- Creme Fraiche: D

Overall: C+ - Better than season 13, but probably tied with 12 as the second worst season, IMO. The Coon Trilogy was a highlight.
"If a tree falls in the forest and there's no one there to hear it, my illegal logging business succeeds ."

"I have only two modes, at war with something, or having sex with it. There is no middle ground"
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:44 am

Sexual Healing 7.1/10
The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs 8.8/10
Medicinal Fried Chicken 8.5/10
You Have 0 Friends 9.2/10
200 8.4/10
201 8.9/10
Crippled Summer 7.3/10
Poor and Stupid 8.2/10
It's A Jersey Thing 8.1/10
Insheeption 8.6/10
Coon 2: Hindsight 6.1/10
Mysterion Rises 7.4/10
Coon vs. Coon & Friends 8.3/10
Creme Fraiche 9.0/10
Brendle

Postby Brendle » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:51 am

Will be posting my review later today. Don't have time right now...

Best episode was Sexual Healing, maybe (whichever one had the least amount of Cartman). Worst episode was It's A Jersey Thing (perhaps the most un-South Park show they've ever made).
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
SPC

Postby SPC » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:16 am

now what are supposed to do for the next several months?
Twins I[status:chapters 1 and 2 are up more coming]
bluefartsmcgees

Postby bluefartsmcgees » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:13 am

personally i loved season 14. it was deff a good run of esps
i cant say i disliked any of the esps cause each esp had something to offer whether it was a laugh or good story line ehter way south park is always original with their stuff and always try to push the limits by pushing peoples buttons which i love them for that
my fav esps of this season are
200 and 201 sega- they pushed the limit of religion (mahommed) and revealed a awesome twist of cartmens real dad loved the chilly carnival scene kinda reminded me of batman stuff

crippled summer- spoof of the movie meatballs in some ways. loved how they made it have the old cartoon feel and i laughed so hard when the boy got raped by the shark that was so wrong and hilarious

medicinal fried chicken- so true about ppl trying to get weed legally by using illnesses hell i was thinking bout it when i heard bout medical marijuwanna lmao which made this esp even more funny cause its true. loved the cartmen scenes and esp randys huge balls lol!

creme fraige- spoof of shake weight, randy having a cooking sex fetish lmao and the progressive spoof all too funny deff a great esp

last but not lease the coon sega i loved it cartmen being extremly evil parody of my neighboor totro as well as parody of clockwork orange and kenny having screen time and giving more deph to the characters

overall it was a great season i would give it a 9.0 out 10 and i cant wait til next season

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”