*1501: Humancentipad* Pre-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

JVM

Re: *1501: Humancentipad* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby JVM » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:33 am

Come on people, no matter how sh*tty the episode looks, try to look for SOME kind of a bright side, even if it's hard. I mean, I'm a whinier bitch than anyone else on this board, and *I* have hope and I probably won't even see the damn episode.

Kyle getting out of it is easy folks. Somehow he has to shut the other two ends up so he can get his feet down - his kneecaps aren't broken like their's.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
mo303564

Postby mo303564 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:41 am

What's stopping Cartman from getting an ipad? Money? lol. Is he poorer than Kenny? This should be interesting on that note.

I'm not even going to get into the Kyle thing. I just hope they kill Steve Jobs or soemthing and that maybe Angry Birds or other "apps" appear. Happy for ripping on Apple but yea *that scene* :oops:

I don't have high hopes on this one though. I'm not into horror turned films, although If a Hanibal Lectar epiosde was done it'd probably be cool.
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
armedelmo

Postby armedelmo » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:48 am

Looking forward to this one!
Brendle

Postby Brendle » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:12 am

^There already has been a Hannibal Lecter parody episode (the one about toilet paper). It was okay.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
UhhIDontKnow

Postby UhhIDontKnow » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:01 pm

Brendle wrote:^There already has been a Hannibal Lecter parody episode (the one about toilet paper). It was okay.

Scott Tenorman anyone?
UhhIDontKnow

Postby UhhIDontKnow » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:38 pm

mo303564 wrote:What's stopping Cartman from getting an ipad? Money? lol. Is he poorer than Kenny? This should be interesting on that note.

I'm not even going to get into the Kyle thing. I just hope they kill Steve Jobs or soemthing and that maybe Angry Birds or other "apps" appear. Happy for ripping on Apple but yea *that scene* :oops:

I don't have high hopes on this one though. I'm not into horror turned films, although If a Hanibal Lectar epiosde was done it'd probably be cool.

They already did quite an homage to Lecter in the Scott Tenorman Must Die episode.
8shortfuse

Postby 8shortfuse » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:08 pm

Brendle wrote:What about the people who haven't seen The Human Centipede or don't care about it? Will they just not get this episode?

This is the problem with South Park these days. If you haven't seen whatever sh*tty movie/show they're parodying, you're alienated. Too many parodies.

They don't have to be outcasted. I'm not trying to call you out or anything, but I've never seen the movie and I know I'll still find it funny. I always do. Plus its not hard to google it and find out what its about. I did. Then I watched The Tosh.O review. He tells the story better then the movie I'm sure. So yeah, if you don't know then watch the Tosh.O review....thats all you really need to know. Plus, they usually parody movies that most people have seen like Inception or stupid movies like this one lol.

Poor Kyle....he would be stuck as the B. Eeeeew! I feel soooo bad for him....but at the same time, I find it very funny. This is why he's one of my fave characters.

When I saw the preview my mouth dropped to the ground and after 30 seconds of shock I was like 'What the F*** was that?' then i started to tear up. I still haven't figured out if I was so scared that I was crying or I was laughing that hard internally...but it freaked me out. Then I started laughing awkwardly....yet again out of fear or humor I do not know. lol way yo go M&T you got another F***ed up reaction from me. You guys are good!
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:39 pm

RichardV1150 wrote:
ShaneHaughey wrote:
Stop giving Matt and Trey a blowjob for a second and get back to reality. On SPS, we value opinions of all flavors as long as they are based on sound personal logic and are respectful of posters. We are not fanboys and fangirls orgasming no matter what Matt and Trey come up with. Criticism is good for any artist or performer, and those that would actively deny an artist the criticism they need does infinitely more harm than anyone else possibly could do.

Your second point also makes no sense: I'm pretty sure everyone here, including those that are not looking forward to the episode, supported Matt and Trey rabidly during the 200 and 201 fiasco and beforehand during Cartoon Wars saga.

I think you have SPS confused with http://www.mattandtreyareflawlessgods.com

All I'm saying is that it seems like you straight up said Matt & Trey should just give up their jobs because their show sucks.
You seemed to had not even given them a chance before shoving them out the door. I agree with critics but only when they give valid reasons as to why something didn't go over so well, you're comment sounded like a troll. I'm a die hard fan of South Park, so I laugh at every episode, I notice flaws but I'm not disappointed totally like you seem to be. So I'm not giving them a blowjob, but rather just praise for making sh*t funny and telling them every now and then, "hey, this episode lacked some laughs." On another point, I agree with free speech my friend, people should right about just about anything they feel like.

I like South Park and so it seems the fans still do as well, South Park hasn't turned into The Simpsons yet and here's hoping it doesn't, knock on wood.

Sorry if I seemed like an assh*le earlier, I hate on potential haters too much without much thought as to why they say the things they say.

The comment you quoted was not from me. I responded to your quote only because I felt as though it made the post easier.

And just for clarification; I am very excited for this episode. I hope that it will be funny. But Matt and Trey have just finished intense work and travel in regards to The Book of Mormon(which is amazing). They are mentally drained and have had no rest for years.
Secondly, I have watched it new from the second episode of the entire series religiously. I am not a hater. Quite the contrary; the love I have for this show is almost scary. Hell, despite almost all my friends not being here(and most of them not even being fans anymore) and the forum taking about ten minutes to load sometimes, I still post here when it is new episode time.

I say this so you know that I still love this show, and the respect I have for Matt and Trey as well as the entire staff at South Park Studios is boundless. So when I see something that I think is something that Family Guy would do or I'd read in really bad fanfiction, I'm going to say something. Why? Because you don't lie to those you respect and love, and you don't shy away from criticizing.

I hope the episode is awesome. I hope Season 15 is the best since 11. I hope Matt, Trey, and the staff have fun, get rest during the hiatus between 15A and 15B, and knock 15B out of the park. And I will watch the episodes, buy the DVDs, and take part in whatever I can to support them until there is nothing left of it but dust.

None of that stops me from saying that the clip was terrible. South Park has fallen into a trap; shock humor, direct parody, mock drama/environmental disaster/government. Look through the last few seasons and if you take out the episodes that rely on the above as the main avenue of comedy, see how many are left.

And stop talking about free speech like you are one of the few supporting Matt and Trey in that regard. We all did, we all do, we all will.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:05 pm

M00ndragon69 wrote:And, Triple, I am not really surprised you think watching horror is beneath you..Guess that is another thing we don't have in common, and you kinda made statements people who know nothing about the horror genre make. I personally think everyone who acted in Human Centipede did an excellent job, and that was why I thought it was disturbing. Especially the German Scientist, he was especially creepy, and if an actor does a good enough job, the audience can suspend their disbelief even if the plot of the movie is very wierd.

Yeah I know some people are into that genre and that's fine; just not my bag.

Funny that my suspension of disbelief doesn't give me as much trouble in the sci-fi genre. So transporters and light sabers are just fine, but an unstoppable, machete-wielding psycho is a bridge too far? How does that work? The Genesis Device from Star Trek II is an acceptable premise, but a guy holding a bunch of people prisoner so he can torture them is too unbelievable for me?
Maybe I'm just rationalizing being a pussy that doesn't like getting scared.

You read it! You can't unread it!
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:44 pm

triplemultiplex wrote:
M00ndragon69 wrote:And, Triple, I am not really surprised you think watching horror is beneath you..Guess that is another thing we don't have in common, and you kinda made statements people who know nothing about the horror genre make. I personally think everyone who acted in Human Centipede did an excellent job, and that was why I thought it was disturbing. Especially the German Scientist, he was especially creepy, and if an actor does a good enough job, the audience can suspend their disbelief even if the plot of the movie is very wierd.

Yeah I know some people are into that genre and that's fine; just not my bag.

Funny that my suspension of disbelief doesn't give me as much trouble in the sci-fi genre. So transporters and light sabers are just fine, but an unstoppable, machete-wielding psycho is a bridge too far? How does that work? The Genesis Device from Star Trek II is an acceptable premise, but a guy holding a bunch of people prisoner so he can torture them is too unbelievable for me?
Maybe I'm just rationalizing being a pussy that doesn't like getting scared.

I think it is the same reason why as graphics get closer to life, we notice the flaws more, while older graphics don't bother as much. The closer something tries to be to real life/realistic, the larger the issues that make it unrealistic loom.

For Sci-Fi, it comes out and says, "This is all unrealistic future stuff, just accept it." and you're set.

Horror, at least modern horror, tries to say, "THIS IS SOME SICK sh*t AND LOOK ITS ALL REALISTIC SO ITS SCARY BECAUSE IT COULD CONCEIVABLY HAPPEN". Issue is that invites the viewer to examine it closer, and instead of getting scared, the unrealism of the base idea looms much larger than it would otherwise.

For Human Centipede, no, you could not do what happened in that movie and the motivation for it made no sense, so it was just boring for me. I actually fell asleep around the time that the Japanese guy at the front tried to fight the psycho and woke up in time to see the end.

And the end of horror movies also contributes to why I don't like them. It is never just, "After a brutal event, there is only one survivor and he/she is scarred but lives."
No. There has to be that one last screw or image, like when the girl in the middle is caught between two dead parts with the cops and psycho dead, sorta condemning her to that existence until the police get backup, which could take hours/days.
Stupid ending.

The Pacific and shows that are based on real events/people are ten times more frightening than any horror movie. That is why to me the 'horror' movies I watch are more often than not either much better mystery/suspense/crime dramas(Silence of the Lambs) or something very actiony(Zombie films).
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Cristine478

Postby Cristine478 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:10 pm

I just hope that 27 , put the whole episode to air
I love south park
this first clip of the season 15 do not say much
Grillchummer

Postby Grillchummer » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:23 pm

im pretty sure cartman wants to buy a human centIPAD because kyle one of the pieces
SophieUndead

-*.*-

Postby SophieUndead » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:37 pm

...i just can't wait to watch it!!!!...poor Kyle in the middle O.o"...
kooziesan

Postby kooziesan » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:10 am

I guess I'm down with it. Not so keen on the human centipede...but throw Apple into the mix, and I'm intrigued enough to be on board.
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:35 am

Actually, I do think you are rationalizing being a pussy, and if something scares you, you should just admit it. I can kinda tell you haven't really watched much horror, because you bring up the example of un stoppable killer, meaning Jason Voorhees of course..Even people who don't watch horror know about the Friday the 13th movies, and have some idea of what they are about, not the most realistic movies in the world, but kinda fun to watch..Especially for me since I have met one of the actors who plays Jason, Kane Hooder, talked with him last summer at Crypticon in Seattle..Which brings me to another point, a lot of true fans of the horror genre apprieciate the films on many levels. The first horror/monster movie I saw was the original King Kong, when I was 6. Even at that age, I wasn't scared by it, but I loved it anyway..I do watch stuff like Saw, and Human Centipede, because as I say, I watch every horror movie that comes out, but I like films that are more about the characters than the blood and violence. And that is why out of all the new horror that has been coming out, my favorites are the films Zombie makes, and True Blood..

Some Scifi is ok in my opinion..Stuff like Aliens, the first 2 Terminator films, and Star Wars, and The X Files..But it can be argued that those films are not just scifi but also horror and fantasy. A lot of other Scifi kinda bores me, I don't know, there are certain Scifi films I have tried to watch, but it doesn't really suck me into the story. As for serious drama about things like war and other tragic things, they just really depress me, and sometimes I feel like the dialouge is so bad and so over dramatic that I can't suspend my disbelief..Huge dramatic emotional speechs that no one would make in real life are something I find really stupid.

As for tomorrow night's episodes, I am looking forward to it. When it comes to a new South Park episode, or a new horror movie, I am not a hater before I actually see all of it. Infact in both cases, I hope it is worth the wait and anticipation, and I hope I love it. I think in general, when it comes to anything new, too many people online are ready to hate something before they see it, and that isn't really fair. A few seconds of an episode doesn't tell you everything about it what you are going to watch.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”