*1501: Humancentipad* Pre-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

nall
Site Admin

Re: *1501: Humancentipad* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby nall » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:09 am

kfgg wrote:When do the preview images get posted?

Oops! Sorry. Almost forgot -- these should show up any minute now, if they haven't already.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:14 am

zzyzx 1 wrote:
nall wrote:
nwt000 wrote:nall, Would you know if any South Park characters besides Kyle will be part of the HUMANCENTiPAD?

You guys always want me to spoil everything. :(

No, it's not spoiling :)

We're regulars and want the inside scoop :wink:

If the clip is an accurate portrayal of the episode, then I don't really want any other characters to be involved in the entire episode lest the absurd amounts of epic fail torch everything.

I am hoping I'll be very pleasantly surprised; Lord knows I could do with some good news. But this clip was ball-crushingly terrible and I hope and pray that it won't be as bad as I'm fearing it may be.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
James--76

Postby James--76 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:22 am

I hope the episode will be a good one looking at the preview video it seems kinda beh also poor Kyle.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
Duke Silver

Postby Duke Silver » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:24 am

I think I would prefer a Charlie Sheen episode. I just can't see any situation in which this will be good. I'll be happy to be wrong, though.
Previously "Jake, M'kay?"
JVM

Postby JVM » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:26 am

The Kyle plot looks pretty stupid, but come on guys, I think the Cartman plot looks like it could be good. It's not too often we get a good look at Cartman's relationship with his mother.

I'm expecting a 50/50 episode myself.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:29 am

JVM wrote:The Kyle plot looks pretty stupid, but come on guys, I think the Cartman plot looks like it could be good. It's not too often we get a good look at Cartman's relationship with his mother.

It doesn't just look stupid. It looks like a #901 level of implosion. A sledgehammer to my head.
VACOOLA

Postby VACOOLA » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:33 am

Is it gonna be another envy-driven Kyle vs. Cartman episode? I wouldn't be surprised if fatass ended up in the Humancentipad instead of Kyle after all the inevitable mess. At least, that's how it looks to me.

I'm not expecting too much from what I've seen yet, either.
Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:34 am

JVM wrote:The Kyle plot looks pretty stupid, but come on guys, I think the Cartman plot looks like it could be good. It's not too often we get a good look at Cartman's relationship with his mother.

Agreed, Cartman plot could be a saving grace.

@Shane - Comparisons to #901 may be a wee bit far, I don't think anything could possibly be that bad again. Maybe not good, maybe even terrible, but not #901 terrible.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:37 am

I think nall may be implying that other regular characters may end up as parts of other HUMANCENTiPADs. I just hope no one dies in this one, with the exception of Kenny, who will probably die due to blood poisioning to match the plot of the Human Centipede and some random nameless background characters, but only if necessary. I agree with Shane, this one may tank.
Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:41 am

Of course it's going to tank, it looks like a tanker. Season premieres always suck now anyway. But it could be worth a giggle.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
Yowulf

Postby Yowulf » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:45 am

Zazaban wrote:

Agreed, Cartman plot could be a saving grace.

@Shane - Comparisons to #901 may be a wee bit far, I don't think anything could possibly be that bad again. Maybe not good, maybe even terrible, but not #901 terrible.

I don't know, man.. this episode might come as a close second to #901.

We'll have to wait and see.
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:47 am

Now, normally I don't really care to comment or speculate on episodes before they air, because I like to give the episodes a chance to wow me when I finally do see them.

But I have to feel that again, we're to be shown yet another episode that revolves around a strange or arcane joke that repeats itself to the point of damaging the entire episode. I mean, sometimes it's funny, but ultimately the things that make me laugh the most are the things that I can relate to or understand; not something that leaves me scratching my head and going "what the fuck?" And I think I'd be hard-pressed to find someone on this board who wasn't doing just that when they saw Kyle sandwiched between two half-naked people doing I don't even know what...

I do commend Matt & Trey for finally jabbing into the Apple scene. I don't use Apple products, nor do I think they're bogus, either. But I do believe Apple is little more than a fad. I'm not saying this just because I'm partial to Windows PCs, and don't have any product that begins with a lowercase "i", but once products like the iPhone, iPod, and iPad become more integrated with society, they're more or less seen as 'toys' compared to what we'll be dealing with later. It's not like we'll be using any of these things 20-30 years from now. We'll have moved on, and it's probably not going to be Apple that comes up with it.
RianaLD

Postby RianaLD » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:52 am

Whether it's going to tank or not, the human centipede part of it utterly fascinates me... how will Kyle get out of that?

Though I'm not too keen with the iPad part of the show, I'm happy they didn't do a Charlie Sheen episode.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:00 am

nwt000 wrote:I think nall may be implying that other regular characters may end up as parts of other HUMANCENTiPADs. I just hope no one dies in this one, with the exception of Kenny, who will probably die due to blood poisioning to match the plot of the Human Centipede and some random nameless background characters, but only if necessary. I agree with Shane, this one may tank.

Oh god, imagine the f*cking slash fiction that would flood the internet if you had three boys ass-mouth to one another ala Human Centipede. I would have to abandon ship just to avoid the weird fetish stories.

Anywho, I;'m going to call the joke: We buy Apple products no matter what they are. So Jobs does this human centipede thing that craps on an iPad and boom, you have a new apple product.
Ta-da.

Give me a medal.
Yowulf

Postby Yowulf » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:03 am

ShaneHaughey wrote:Oh god, imagine the f*cking slash fiction that would flood the internet if you had three boys ass-mouth to one another ala Human Centipede. I would have to abandon ship just to avoid the weird fetish stories.

And people ask me why I avoid most South Park fans on the internet. It is because of this sh*t.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”