*1501: HUMANCENTiPAD* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

WoW_PvP Rogue ^^!

Postby WoW_PvP Rogue ^^! » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:20 pm

hahahahha sooo awesome xD...f*ck me f*ck me lol
Stanluv25

Re: *1501: HUMANCENTiPAD* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Stanluv25 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:49 pm

Zazaban wrote:
Stanluv25 wrote:But really, how on earth can all the parents in SP afford ipads and sh*t to their kids? My goodness, that was a little unrealistic. 8 and 9 year olds don't need expensive devices like that.

Honestly I doubt a nine year old would be allowed to go around in a fishnet shirt either, or buy condoms, but it happens in South Park.

haha true. But it still bothers me to see little kids with expensive devices they don't need. Maybe a lot belongs to the child's parents, and they allowed them to bring them to school?? I always love coming up with alternate ideas if something does not satisfy me. :D

But really, I am surprised the humancentipad didn't bother me so much. It is something that would as I dont find sh*t funny. But for some reason it was this time around! And I like Kyle but for some reason can't help but laugh when he's in such situations at times. :roll: It was just too funny when he was being chased. "There he is!" LOL

I swear, after this ep, I might read terms and agreements for something a little more carefully next time around :O
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
metboi07

Postby metboi07 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:01 pm

"Well Mom, can I at least borrow some of you lipstick, cause I want to look pretty next time you decide to f*ck ME!"
aligin

Postby aligin » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:05 pm

The first episode was very funny. My congratulations to the beginning of the fifth season.
jessyrf

Postby jessyrf » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:50 pm

"But really, how on earth can all the parents in SP afford ipads and sh*t to their kids? My goodness, that was a little unrealistic. 8 and 9 year olds don't need expensive devices like that."

"Honestly I doubt a nine year old would be allowed to go around in a fishnet shirt either, or buy condoms, but it happens in South Park."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you really want to get technical a child is not allowed to sign legal contracts so anything that Kyle agreed to in that itunes agreement does not matter and Apple could not hold him responsible because you have to be 18 to sign a legal contract.

I dunno why but I was thinking about that trough the whole episode. LOL.
revivingjula

Re: 50 50 episode

Postby revivingjula » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:57 pm

cynthia325 wrote:
M00ndragon69 wrote:
So, you think that whoever wrote The Human Centepede needs capital punishment? Does that mean you are against freedom of speech?..The Human Centepede may not be my favorite horror film, and I don't know the name of the director, but whoever it was, he has every right to make the kind of movies he wants, no matter how sick and f*cked up they are. You know what else? That movie has been out for a year, and there is all kinds of info about it on the web. I read about it on Horrorbid last year, so when I saw it, I knew exactly what I was getting into when I choose to watch it on Demand 2 weeks ago., I don't know you, but I bet you knew something about it before you watched it, so if you want to blame someone for you being disturbed by a movie, blame yourself for renting it, when you probably had some idea about how f*cked up it was. Seriously, as a life long horror fan, statements like you made piss me off. I have heard this sh*t before, but it was directed towards people I idolize like Stephen King and Rob Zombie, and you know why those people were talking sh*t? Because they were actually disturbed by something in a movie, so those people were being hateful because they were scared by something that was meant to be scary or disturbing? Whatever. You, and those other people are just mad at certain horror directors because you are pussies. I am not a pussy..If I see something that actually disturbs me in a horror movie, I think it is awesome, like how I said last night that the fact that last night's episode shocked me was awesome. If someone gets that kind of emotional response from something they watch, doesn't that mean the director did his or her job?

And Gemni, thank you for your comment.

As a huge horror fan myself I enjoyed reading your argument about horror films and freedom of speech. I couldn't agree more with everything you said about disturbing movies and how they create such a titilating experience for viewers.

Thank you two. This is the premise for moving forward in film making as well.

And remember, when "the Exorcist" came out to theaters, people were leaving mid-movie, some because they litterally didn't have the stomach for it.
And Dawn of the Dead (George Romero's version) was Rated NC-17 at time of release. The advisory states that there is no graphic sex, but there are scenes of graphic violence that can be considered shocking and not suitable for all audiences.
These are just mainstream examples.

Despite wether the movie was good or bad it carries on the tradition of pushing limits in film.
Last edited by revivingjula on Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That's a BAD MR. KITTY!!!
GeminiShamrock

Postby GeminiShamrock » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:23 pm

So I just watched it again and it was better this time. It still didn't make me bust a gut throughout, but it did make me laugh out loud. The "Quickening" part was great! :lol:

7/10

Also, I was wrong, Hydroleaf. Leslie WAS female.
Texas born; Texas raised; Texas proud!
REVERSE THE POLARITY OF THE NEUTRON FLOW! (Proud Doctor Who fan.)
Proud member of the Tin Foil Hat Club.
Jeff Murdock "Mopie" (1986-2013) Rest in peace, Mopie.
Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:39 pm

Stanluv25 wrote:
Zazaban wrote:
Stanluv25 wrote:But really, how on earth can all the parents in SP afford ipads and sh*t to their kids? My goodness, that was a little unrealistic. 8 and 9 year olds don't need expensive devices like that.

Honestly I doubt a nine year old would be allowed to go around in a fishnet shirt either, or buy condoms, but it happens in South Park.

haha true. But it still bothers me to see little kids with expensive devices they don't need. Maybe a lot belongs to the child's parents, and they allowed them to bring them to school??

Ah, but perhaps that was the point, don't you think?
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
Hydroleaf

Postby Hydroleaf » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:04 am

Stanluv25 wrote:The council of geniuses. WTF? That was sooo funny too! Really, I get the feeling all who work with big-name technical companies speak their own language and sh*t. Like they're higher and mightier than us. Store credit? Replacement friend? :lol:

After reading this, I finally feel a little closer to the Council of Geniuses scenes. I was so confused seeing them do their weird rituals and stuff to find a solution, but when you consider how those big companies know so much about their products and rules compared to you, it does feel like they're doing crazy crud like that and they are high and mighty! :shock: Also, your review makes me want to give the episode a 9 instead of an 8 or 7.5/10. :D

I'm surprised Matt and Trey didn't seriously rip on Apple... Sure, they pointed out some flaws of them and the moral was for Apple and similar companies to stop creating the future to the point were we miss the present and had them create the humancentiPad, but for the most part, they weren't in a completely evil alignment. Steve Jobs wasn't a sadistic, evil maniac and didn't act like the guy in the real movie. Sure, he wasn't very good, but after Gerald gave the moral, he understood his errors and even agreed to free Kyle and the two people. Maybe they're sympathetic for him and Apple.
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:11 am

Hydroleaf wrote:
Stanluv25 wrote:The council of geniuses. WTF? That was sooo funny too! Really, I get the feeling all who work with big-name technical companies speak their own language and sh*t. Like they're higher and mightier than us. Store credit? Replacement friend? :lol:

After reading this, I finally feel a little closer to the Council of Geniuses scenes. I was so confused seeing them do their weird rituals and stuff to find a solution, but when you consider how those big companies know so much about their products and rules compared to you, it does feel like they're doing crazy crud like that and they are high and mighty! :shock: Also, your review makes me want to give the episode a 9 instead of an 8 or 7.5/10. :D

I'm surprised Matt and Trey didn't seriously rip on Apple... Sure, they pointed out some flaws of them and the moral was for Apple and similar companies to stop creating the future to the point were we miss the present and had them create the humancentiPad, but for the most part, they weren't in a completely evil alignment. Steve Jobs wasn't a sadistic, evil maniac and didn't act like the guy in the real movie. Sure, he wasn't very good, but after Gerald gave the moral, he understood his errors and even agreed to free Kyle and the two people. Maybe they're sympathetic for him and Apple.

Well I don't really care about technology in the first place and have to laugh at the geniuses because really, they are no better than us. And I'm sure if I saw what they did in real life, I'd laugh too. Really, why make things complicated and just..weird? Stick to the simple things and life as it is now. Like the episode's moral was :D

Why does my review want you to rate yours higher? :)
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Hydroleaf

Postby Hydroleaf » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:46 am

Stanluv25 wrote:
Hydroleaf wrote:

Well I don't really care about technology in the first place and have to laugh at the geniuses because really, they are no better than us. And I'm sure if I saw what they did in real life, I'd laugh too. Really, why make things complicated and just..weird? Stick to the simple things and life as it is now. Like the episode's moral was :D

Why does my review want you to rate yours higher? :)

Your review reminded me of the many scenes that made me really laugh, like the Japanese guy eating the cuttlefish despite Kyle shouting "Vanilla Paste!", and each time Apple created a scenario where Kyle had the choice to read before signing, and Liane driving Cartman home after his outburst at the store, and each time the Japanese dude took a dump, and the beginning with Cartman showing off his "iPad" and Craig questioning it, and how the other boys other than Kyle read their terms and conditions, and Cartman's "You f**ked me!" lines (despite getting a bit tired of it)... So much more to laugh at!! Kinda passed me before I read your review. Also, you cleared up the part involving the Geniuses to me, so I don't view the scenes as just plain silly or pointless anymore. Still silly, but has a point...
willowrose

Postby willowrose » Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:24 am

Alright, to keep up with my goal, even though I'm a little late, here's my thoughts on the episode- I LIKED it! There were a couple parts that really made me LoL, like when Cartman was in the car with his mom on the way home from Best Buy. That was a typical 9 year old, to beg and plead and offer up empty promises to get your way. It led nicely into typical Cartman, to drop all the pleading and begging and curse his mom out. Nice.

The only part that rubbed me a little the wrong way was how it was Kyle that got suckered into becoming apart of the product. It was FUNNY, but Kyle's usually the more reasonable one. I guess that made it a little more funny, but I sat there for a moment thinking "Kyle?? Kyle agreed to something he didn't READ? And then acted like EVERYONE DOES THAT?" ... Don't know. Seemed more of a Stan thing to do. But it was still really funny.

I give the episode an 8 and a half. I gave it a 9 right after it aired but now that I'm thinking about it, I think it's more of an 8'er. But it gets an 8 1/2 from me. Good episode!!!
I don't have a signature
Hayley B

Postby Hayley B » Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:31 am

zzyzx 1 wrote:
Hayley B wrote:
203177 wrote:kyle sounded just like kenny. thats cool!

I thought the samething too last night. Then I just thought to my head. Well, it's the person doing voice.

And Dr. Phil didn't even sound close to either Dr. Phil's voice or Dr. Phil's accent imo; to me he sounded very, very similar to Mr. Garrison.

Hey, it's Matt and Trey doing all the (male) voices, people. Of course some characters may sound like other characters :)

:oops: I was missing words in my post. I know Matt does both Kenny and Kyle.

' I thought the samething too last night. Then I just thought to myself . Well, it's the same person doing the voice.'

^That's what I meant to say.
Hayley B: My own name Location: Delaware,USA
Favorite South Park Character: *too many* But I like Kenny,Kyle,Cartman,Butters,Satan,& Damien.
Therealcartman313

Postby Therealcartman313 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:51 am

this episode was a real let down
rczoe

Postby rczoe » Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:53 am

this episode was great

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”