*1502: Funnybot* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

KennyRulzMyWorld

Awesome joke

Postby KennyRulzMyWorld » Thu May 05, 2011 11:59 pm

LOL! I love jokes like that, dirty plays on words. Win!
kmal2t

Re: *1502: Funnybot* Post-Air Discussion

Postby kmal2t » Fri May 06, 2011 12:02 am

I really think this will go down as one of the best episodes of South Park ever. The first time you watch it, it seems kind of whatever but trust me, rewatch it and let it really sink and and its f*cking hilarious and the satire is brilliant. For those of you who may be missing some of the reference, they are pretty much sh*tting in Comedy Central's cereal (as usual) by making fun of their "Comedy Awards" which everyone at the thing seemed miserable and Matt and Trey (as well as people like Louis CK) pretty much made fun of it while they were there. Matt and Trey got an award while at it and said it was like their mom giving them an award for something.

It also seems to make fun of how formulaic and lacking of creativity and vitality that comedy seems to be anymore. The thing about pushing the boundaries I don't know if that was a reference somehow to M&T or to other people doing it for no reason...either way, re-watch it. It has to sink in
iuliana_regina

Postby iuliana_regina » Fri May 06, 2011 12:17 am

This episode was even worse than humancentipad... Sucked ass!!! Not funny at all, the references to Germany stale. Fun bot??? What the hell is that? I usually hate Jimmy episodes and this one was no different. Hey Matt and Trey!!! You can do much better guys! Still have faith in you! Now watching series 8 as a detox... :parishilton:
Phily Eagles fan 36

Postby Phily Eagles fan 36 » Fri May 06, 2011 12:19 am

it could be better
Victory63

Postby Victory63 » Fri May 06, 2011 12:24 am

This has to be now the third Doctor Who reference in South Park.
With K-10 a parody of K9 and the Queen Spider in 'Red Hot Catholic Love" a parody of the Queen Spider from the Third Doctor story "Planet of the Spiders".
ForensicaX

The Germans are Coming

Postby ForensicaX » Fri May 06, 2011 12:42 am

I loved the Dalek reference.

And I disagree with an earlier comment that the interindustry based humour was too much. I still found it funny and I know virtually nothing about the comedy world. Its intelligent humour based on ironies and what we know of the actors, Daleks from Dr. Who and our own tendency to take ourselves too seriously.

Also, these episodes - as with movies, TV serials, etc - are on the drawing board and completed well before their release here. So its no surprise that anything listed as coming soon has nothing to do with the current affairs of the world.

Im sure a Bin Laden episode will be aired during this season and look forward to it.

As always, I enjoyed it. I wish there were subtitles for Cartmans German dialogue, though.
Buhmah98

Postby Buhmah98 » Fri May 06, 2011 1:06 am

This was one of the worst episodes I've ever seen, I would have given it a 1/10. The first one of the season wasn't much better 4/10.
Kaschmidt

Postby Kaschmidt » Fri May 06, 2011 1:31 am

I liked the one German joke with the cannibal... made me laugh
Brendle

Postby Brendle » Fri May 06, 2011 1:36 am

Oh give me a break. People liked the absolute pile of trash that was HumancentiPad and disliked this one?

This was a clear IMPROVEMENT and a step in the RIGHT direction. Finally they made an episode with a creative concept and a clever point: comedy has become so easy/systematic/formulaic that a robot could be programmed to do stand-up and probably do it better than most of the comedians today.

But I suppose if some of you giggle at disgusting, immature toilet humor like a Japanese man crapping in someone's mouth, or Cartman repeating the same unfunny phrase over and over again...it's no wonder you hate this episode.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
atripos

Postby atripos » Fri May 06, 2011 1:40 am

While this episode was kind of stale with the humor, I did at least get some joy out of seeing the tribute to Dr. Who and the Dalek's with the funnybot's design.

So far this season I've been fairly disappointed though. The first one, while I see the point they were trying to get across to the audience, still lacked much humor. It was more just toilet humor. This one though is at least an improvement.
bloodreaper

Postby bloodreaper » Fri May 06, 2011 1:58 am

not cool of the creators of south park to screw with the DALEK form the tv series DR. WHO, but jokes made by funnybot were ok. glad they took TYLER PERRY down a peg, maybe they should do a JUSTIN BEIBER joke next episode.
Knocturnal

robot

Postby Knocturnal » Fri May 06, 2011 2:01 am

isnt that robot dalek from doctor who ?
Hayley B

Postby Hayley B » Fri May 06, 2011 2:29 am

Interesting that they didn't say anything about the Royal Wedding or Bin Laden. They had a easy and big chance here. I guess they are tired of wowing people? It don't matter. It was a pretty funny episode. I loved the Tyler Perry jokes and something Cartman said to Kyle this time.
Hayley B: My own name Location: Delaware,USA
Favorite South Park Character: *too many* But I like Kenny,Kyle,Cartman,Butters,Satan,& Damien.
ReesesPieces

Meh

Postby ReesesPieces » Fri May 06, 2011 2:52 am

I was fairly underwhelmed by this episode, hope there's more and better to come!
Myzterious

Postby Myzterious » Fri May 06, 2011 2:56 am

Funny Bot's voice urked me, but thats a personal opinion. It was a clever episode though. I liked the hangover 3 reference... definitely made me chuckle inside. And I have not seen any Tyler Perry movies, but they nailed exactly how I imagined them.... Terrible. I still hope we get another classic episode in this first 6 episodes. Another creme freche would be amazing. More Randy Episodes..... Why did Cartman's voice change again in this season. They need to make him more intelligent again and likeable. Like in Marjorine or quest for ratings.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”