*1502: Funnybot* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

synfan365

Re: The Germans are Coming

Postby synfan365 » Sat May 07, 2011 12:17 am

ForensicaX wrote:Also, these episodes - as with movies, TV serials, etc - are on the drawing board and completed well before their release here. So its no surprise that anything listed as coming soon has nothing to do with the current affairs of the world.

Im sure a Bin Laden episode will be aired during this season and look forward to it.

they get done the episode usually the tuesday before it airs or even the wednesday morning.

The obama speech after burying tyler perry was a reference to the bin laden's death.
nall
Site Admin

Re: *1502: Funnybot* Post-Air Discussion

Postby nall » Sat May 07, 2011 1:52 am

Oh, and before I forget, uncensored audio is up this afternoon.
Prince Nai

Another great ep!

Postby Prince Nai » Sat May 07, 2011 2:54 am

Not saying that all African Americans are the same or something but I also died every time Tyler Perry showed up. Good ep. Keep it up guys!
Darth_Bane

first post! yay

Postby Darth_Bane » Sat May 07, 2011 3:01 am

I must say i wasn't in a great mood watching this the first time but this was hilarious after watching it a few times. honestly genius. I think there were the obvious jokes and then there were the subtle ones. Like funnybot being unable to tell a joke do to errors in the program. the turtle and vagina?! mixing up bryant gumble and some random female star? one of the best ever if you think about it. There was the obvious stuff too. The references to Bin Laden, Jews, the comedy awards being stupid. All in all, great episode! Watch it again is all i can say :)
moon_dragon

certainly one of the worst episodes of all time

Postby moon_dragon » Sat May 07, 2011 3:12 am

I think Matt and Trey hired funnybot to write that crappy episode. Help me remember an episode that was less funny than that pile of used oprah tampons. Ahh, oprahs vagina, the good ol days. now that was funny. stupid funnybot.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sat May 07, 2011 3:44 am

nall wrote:Oh, and before I forget, uncensored audio is up this afternoon.

Thank you. :D
Hotcocoseeds

Postby Hotcocoseeds » Sat May 07, 2011 4:12 am

I thought it was a average episode with Token given Taylor Perry money every scene and of course Cartman speaking German :lol: the rest of it was kinda bleh except for Token/Taylor Perry parts. Too bad they didn't actually killed Kenny, it would've be better if he get shot in the head. There's isn't too much to say about this one. My rating:
7.90- average, not really interesting.
NeuroHeart

Postby NeuroHeart » Sat May 07, 2011 4:42 am

Woo!
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.

Postby 203177 » Sat May 07, 2011 4:46 am

I saw scott malkinson in funny bot who else noticed him?
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sat May 07, 2011 4:49 am

He's now a regular among the background characters. He was in HumancentiPad as well.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
tbx59

Postby tbx59 » Sat May 07, 2011 8:53 am

That was a horrible effort and, unfortunately, is not dissimilar from the last few years. Perhaps the best show ever is done. not to mention, Saddam was killed on, I think, a tuesday and they had a whole episode ready; Bin Laden was killed on a sunday and there was one throw away, and a mocking one at that. (can't help but think it wasn't all laziness)

A show that used to be great for it's satire and most notably it's timely, biting jabs has at best given us tiger woods 12 (and that was long after and following a hiatus)

Cartman is in a leather jacket skiing; everyone that can eventually shots 18 and eats lobster
Spider Rift

Eric Speaks German ?

Postby Spider Rift » Sat May 07, 2011 9:49 am

cartman learned alot of different languages because he had the hooked on monkey phonics.
GeminiShamrock

Postby GeminiShamrock » Sat May 07, 2011 2:15 pm

Awesome, man! I'll watch it later today.

Thanks again.
Texas born; Texas raised; Texas proud!
REVERSE THE POLARITY OF THE NEUTRON FLOW! (Proud Doctor Who fan.)
Proud member of the Tin Foil Hat Club.
Jeff Murdock "Mopie" (1986-2013) Rest in peace, Mopie.
Roshambofatality

Re: Eric Speaks German ?

Postby Roshambofatality » Sat May 07, 2011 8:00 pm

Spider Rift wrote:cartman learned alot of different languages because he had the hooked on monkey phonics.

And because he's a Mel Gibson fan.
airmancoop44

Postby airmancoop44 » Sat May 07, 2011 8:16 pm

Subpar ep. I kinda gave up on ratings a while ago, but my average was probably an 8... this would be around a 6.5 and go down as one of the worst in my opinion.

I, like many other people, got sick of the Madea sh*t. I still found it funny that Token (and Barack) was embarassed for liking Tyler Perry, and gave him money to a lesser extent. Was surprised by the twist ending, as it was a bit redeeming. Funnybot itself ironically wasn't funny, but that's the joke. Didn't expect to see all the comedians come into South Park, but I like that part as well. Too much German, even if it was nonsensical. The Comedy Awards bit was fine, I'm glad they didn't overdo it.

Overall, too much German, too much Funnybot, too much Madea. Not enough with the comedians (I think Adam Sandler was the only one who said anything), not enough good jokes, and was hoping to see a little more about Bin Laden, though it would have been impossible to top the Saddam ending from It's Christmas in Canada.

Last weeks was better, here's hoping next week's is too. They need an ep without so much current event focus, those ones tend to be good.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”