*1502: Funnybot* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

joeb1212

bleh

Postby joeb1212 » Thu May 05, 2011 7:52 am

very upset with this episode. They didnt seem to focus much on any character. when they have lots of character interactions as in something seriously goes wrong with one individual character. BTW i really hope this isnt the beginning of the end of southpark. They need to reinvent some of there stuff. forinstance i found the human centipad a half decent episode still not as good as previous episodes. trey and matt please please please make the next episode better. do some old school stuff to it. please kill kenny again id love to see it. btw get further out there with your stuff. Maybe a whole episode of nothing but the capture of osama bin laden. wait a minute lol i forgot you already got cartman to catch him BAHAHAHAHAHAHA but i love the show keep up the good work.
zzyzx 1

Re: bleh

Postby zzyzx 1 » Thu May 05, 2011 7:55 am

joeb1212 wrote:BTW i really hope this isnt the beginning of the end of southpark. They need to reinvent some of there stuff. forinstance i found the human centipad a half decent episode still not as good as previous episodes. trey and matt please please please make the next episode better. do some old school stuff to it. please kill kenny again id love to see it. btw get further out there with your stuff. Maybe a whole episode of nothing but the capture of osama bin laden. wait a minute lol i forgot you already got cartman to catch him BAHAHAHAHAHAHA but i love the show keep up the good work.

Actually, it does seem to me like some old school stuff as M&T are big Star Trek/Sci-Fi fans, and both episodes so far of Season 15 involved science fiction.
Twenty1

Re: *1502: Funnybot* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Twenty1 » Thu May 05, 2011 8:22 am

I was really disappointed with this episode. The award show scene dragged on and at that point I feared the episode wouldn't be funny. I kept waiting for it to get good, but it never did. Cartman trying to sell out Kyle to the Germans was the only thing that really made me laugh. The rest was painful. I watched it with a friend who is a Family Guy person and never got into South Park. I felt bad watching it with him. I told him not to judge South Park based on this episode, and honestly admitted it may be the worst ever. Humancertipad seemed kind of thin, but this made it look great in comparison. The only good parts of that episode were the interactions with Cartman and his mother. A sad start for this season. I really hope it picks up. They have some great material to work with for next week with Osama and the conspiracy theories already going around. Hopefully it picks up and this season isn't a dud.
James--76

Postby James--76 » Thu May 05, 2011 9:01 am

I liked this episode the Funnybot reminded of a Dalek, the only thing that went over my head was Tyler perry i am not familliar with who he is i might have too look up stuff on him on Youtube.I like all the things you notice when watcing a second time like the one and a half men poster or the scribble of Bin laden on the wall nice use of the boys all shared the screen time and just not all Jimmy. 8/10
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
dunce51

Postby dunce51 » Thu May 05, 2011 9:12 am

maaan the german that they are speaking is soooo bad ...I could hardly understand it. Nevertheless the german jokes were awesome!
G7-90

Hurry?

Postby G7-90 » Thu May 05, 2011 9:13 am

Hey guys chill out. I%u2019m not so sure if you realized this but that episode was made in a big hurry. The mouths of characters were seemed to be pasted in the last seconds (what I can judged from the different color around them), as well as Token's eyes, the backgrounds are dull and they put a lot of random kids and people walking by to fill the gaps. I draw comic stories and do some crapy animations for my college, so I know, that is the trick to cover up the super high speed of doing stuff, I know, cause it is the way I finished a lot of my projects.
And why? I think it%u2019s because Matt and Trey have been busy a lot lately with doing that The Book of Mormon stuff. I believe in those guys, so I somehow know (my fan intuition :D) that it%u2019s the matter of time , they start to kicking asses again%u2026 next week I hope :D
Roshambofatality

Postby Roshambofatality » Thu May 05, 2011 9:20 am

I think this episode was a rehash from Fishsticks and pinewood derby.
Lately the episodes have been more outside south park than inside it. And then there's lotsa comedians like in fishsticks and some other countries like in pinewood derby.
The idea that germans get mad for not being funny, has incredibly lot of potential. But unfortunately the episode was about comedy and comedians, not about germans.
And i hated the last spoken lines in the ending scene.
They've made stuff so similiar so many times.
Also the hostage situation.. There's been too many of this kind of overreactions.
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Thu May 05, 2011 10:26 am

They should have at least gave us some subtitles when the Germans held up the school.

All I managed to catch was Cartman's bribe.

"We can present you the child here. He is nice jew. A nice juicy jew. He is fresh and lovely, lovely."
Stan and Kyle :)
Qboy

Postby Qboy » Thu May 05, 2011 10:27 am

Justice has been done?do americans really belive this crap??????????
dimi_vhst

Not to bad

Postby dimi_vhst » Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 am

It wasn't the best but remember its only the begin of the Season so it's normal they have a dificult start.
And actualy i realy loved Humancentypad The parts with Cartman were hilarious and alsow when the guy craps in kyle's mouth :p
this episode wasn't as funny as the first one but Cartman and ofcourse the fact that they used a simular speech of obama as the one with osama
The so old but steel f**cking funny jew jokes from cartman and the moment when he thinks that killing everyone is funny!!
my rating : 6.5/10
zzyzx 1

Re: Hurry?

Postby zzyzx 1 » Thu May 05, 2011 10:38 am

G7-90 wrote:Hey guys chill out. I%u2019m not so sure if you realized this but that episode was made in a big hurry. The mouths of characters were seemed to be pasted in the last seconds (what I can judged from the different color around them), as well as Token's eyes, the backgrounds are dull and they put a lot of random kids and people walking by to fill the gaps. I draw comic stories and do some crapy animations for my college, so I know, that is the trick to cover up the super high speed of doing stuff, I know, cause it is the way I finished a lot of my projects.
And why? I think it%u2019s because Matt and Trey have been busy a lot lately with doing that The Book of Mormon stuff. I believe in those guys, so I somehow know (my fan intuition :D) that it%u2019s the matter of time , they start to kicking asses again%u2026 next week I hope :D

/off topic

Hey G7-90, just a question. In your post, there are some terms I don't get. Can you help? You say: "I%u2019m not so sure. . . ." What does "I%u2019m" mean :?:

You also say: "I think it%u2019s", and also "%u2026" in your post. What do these three terms mean, G7-90 :?: Thank you in advance.

/on topic
Roshambofatality

Postby Roshambofatality » Thu May 05, 2011 10:44 am

it's a text/symbol bug.
if you can't tell, it's the ' symbol...
Brendle

Postby Brendle » Thu May 05, 2011 10:50 am

An improvement on last week, but still not up to their standards yet.

The whole point of Funnybot was to show that comedy has become a science/formula nowadays and, as Jimmy says, there's no "humanity" in it anymore. I liked that angle.

The Germans telling jokes with no punchline part was the only thing that made me laugh out loud. Possibly an homage to that Monty Python sketch about the Germans telling that joke to kill the enemy in WW2.

Cartman was kind of funny (which is AMAZING, considering how sh*tty he's been the last three years).

I agree with a few people here in that the episode was too "in-jokey." Too many industry-related jokes. It lacked a clear, broad point...it was too trivial a point to say that comedy awards are stupid.

But the positive thing: this is a lot closer to their older work than most of the trash in Season 14 and that horrible iPad episode.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Thu May 05, 2011 10:51 am

Roshambofatality wrote:it's a text/symbol bug.
if you can't tell, it's the ' symbol...

Thanks, Roshambofatality :D

I figured out all three things from G7-90's post above:

1. "I'm not so sure . . . "

2. "I think its because . . . ."

3. "That it's the matter of time . . ."

Many thanks, Roshambofatality :)
Brendle

Postby Brendle » Thu May 05, 2011 10:57 am

The tone of this episode is so bitter, LOL.

You can tell Trey is seething that most of the critically acclaimed comedy shows these days make use of AWKWWWWARD humor, like Curb Your Enthusiasm and The Office.

Trey seems to dismiss that type of comedy as easy. Maybe he's right. I still like AWKWWWWARD shows, though. Extras is my sh*t.

By the way, this was a bit of an AWESOM-O rehash. The whole idea of a robot being able to write jokes because joke-writing has become so systematic/easy nowadays.

I got a big laugh out of "ERROR ERROR, BEEN DONE BEFORE ERROR ERROR." LOL.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”