*1503: Royal Pudding* Pre-Air Thread

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

iiiioooque

Re: *1503: Royal Pudding* Pre-Air Thread

Postby iiiioooque » Mon May 09, 2011 5:18 pm

what a shame ... i can't stand the canadian episodes!! :cry:

as said by others i'm looking forward for the ONE episode about bin laden :D

also, i'm looking for one of cartman's classics!
Joe12345677

Postby Joe12345677 » Mon May 09, 2011 6:05 pm

I cant be f*cked watching this one unless it gets good reviews outside of the forums. Since i think the cheap jokes and bull sh*t everything lately are made for younger audiences (E.g. 11 and unders) I really hope soouth park ends before the bullsh*t continues.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Mon May 09, 2011 6:28 pm

Of course any time Canada comes up on SP, we're always alert for a little old school Terrance & Philip action. While the idea of an episode based on something as tiresome as the Royal Wedding might not sound good on paper, there's a good chance the guys could do something funny with it. Either way, looks like Ike fans can eat their hearts out this week.

I could not have cared less about that silly monarchy thing and everything I know about it, I learned by accident because they did a segment on the Daily Show or it was in a Conan monologue or it came up in insufferable conversation during a social gathering. When that sh*t went down, I was slamming beers at a baseball game.

You read it! You can't unread it!
moigle

What I'm Talkin' Aboot!

Postby moigle » Mon May 09, 2011 6:48 pm

I can't wait for this!!

Crossing fingers we get a new Canadian-fueled song and, also, that Funnybot doesn't ruin the royal affair.
nall
Site Admin

Postby nall » Mon May 09, 2011 6:58 pm

triplemultiplex wrote:When that sh*t went down, I was slamming beers at a baseball game.

Wasn't the wedding in the middle of the night, US-time?
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Mon May 09, 2011 7:03 pm

nall wrote:
triplemultiplex wrote:When that sh*t went down, I was slamming beers at a baseball game.

Eh, semantics. Technically I was sleeping. But later in the day when they were probably rebroadcasting it and stuff, I was at the game. The point is, I was pumped for tailgating and baseball, so that wedding was the furthest from my mind.

You read it! You can't unread it!
incarnazione

Postby incarnazione » Mon May 09, 2011 7:04 pm

Well Folks, apparently the joke is on you!
The canada episodes are the most self referential and biting satirical aspect of this program.
If you don't think they are funny, you don't know enough about Mr. Parker, cartoons, Sadam Hussein, or South Park as a cultural entity.

What I want to say here is that the preview gives me hope that all is not lost in South Park land and that they might still have a good satire or two left in them before they are captured by apple and made part of a 12 part human centipede.

But I'm not getting my hopes up. I'm just crossing my fingers.

This is the only episode so far from season 15 that actually looks like it *MIGHT* be funny.
I will allow that one funny bot joke about cereal was fairly humorous.

And don't be so g*dd*mn impatient. We're going to be hearing about Bin Laden for the next 6 months at least.

Screw you guys, I'm going home.
garitoburito

Postby garitoburito » Mon May 09, 2011 9:23 pm

first off, bin laden was shot in its a jersey thing, so its not likely there will be an episode about him or his death. royal pudding will be at least decent, probably better than last week's episode (i liked the exaggerated dress on the princess). looking forward to the satirizing of the figureheads.
Last edited by garitoburito on Mon May 09, 2011 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GeminiShamrock

Postby GeminiShamrock » Mon May 09, 2011 9:31 pm

I don't know about anybody else, but I get excited when I see an episode featuring Canadians. And yes, Canada's part of the British Commonwealth. They still have the Queen on their currency.

Anyway, I can't wait until Wednesday!
Texas born; Texas raised; Texas proud!
REVERSE THE POLARITY OF THE NEUTRON FLOW! (Proud Doctor Who fan.)
Proud member of the Tin Foil Hat Club.
Jeff Murdock "Mopie" (1986-2013) Rest in peace, Mopie.
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Mon May 09, 2011 9:36 pm

The one good thing about this episode: I can expect a lot of really cute and funny moments from Ike!! I love that little guy! :mrgreen:
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
neocarleen

Postby neocarleen » Mon May 09, 2011 9:50 pm

nall wrote:

The US spans a few time zones, but for me in Eastern Time (GMT-05:00), the wedding started at 5:00 AM.
RabuPep

Postby RabuPep » Mon May 09, 2011 9:55 pm

Not only is this a Canada episode, it pokes fun at the Royal Wedding! And I'm guessing we'll get some Ike action, too!

I thought last week's was "meh," (except for the whole"awkwaaaaard" thing; I lol'd pretty hard at that) but this one seems like a good one.

If there's a Canada song in this, I would be sooooo happy.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Mon May 09, 2011 9:57 pm

I wonder if "Pudding" refers to the variety that gay cowboys eat, or the actual dessert item.
mo303564

Postby mo303564 » Mon May 09, 2011 10:03 pm

It's a Canadian Episode. Of course T&P will appear somewhere. Of Course the episode will evolve around "ike" and of course their WILL be singing!! :roll:

A mockery of the royal wedding sounds nice, it's an interesting plotline too but.............I fear that besides Ike and the Broflowksi's, we won't see ANY of the other characters, and at times that can be annoying, when a plotline focuses away from the 4/5 kids or Randy cause well, they are the show. The only good episode that didn't use the boys was when Obama won (about last night).

I don't have high hopes on this one, but, suprize me! :P
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
kittypotpie

Postby kittypotpie » Mon May 09, 2011 10:07 pm

looks more like original south park animation to me :)

or maybe because its just canada....looks awesome though

and i bet since Ike seems to have a role in it, then kyle will too :D

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”