*1503: Royal Pudding* Post-Air Thread

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Dylan509
Posts: 0
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:29 am

Postby Dylan509 » Fri May 13, 2011 10:10 am

Am I the only one that noticed that they were playing pomp and circumstance,AKA the graduation song, instead of the traditional wedding song. I thought that was rather amusing.
zzyzx 1
Posts: 4887
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:20 am

Re:

Postby zzyzx 1 » Fri May 13, 2011 11:20 am

Dylan509 wrote:Am I the only one that noticed that they were playing pomp and circumstance,AKA the graduation song, instead of the traditional wedding song. I thought that was rather amusing.


I also noticed that :)
spookyfish91
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:31 pm

Re: *1503: Royal Pudding* Post-Air Thread

Postby spookyfish91 » Fri May 13, 2011 11:47 am

This was without a doubt the funniest episode I've seen in a while! After a somewhat shaky start to Season 15, it looks like South Park is back on track. Can't wait for the next episode!
scRaTcH#667
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:17 pm

Re: *1503: Royal Pudding* Post-Air Thread

Postby scRaTcH#667 » Fri May 13, 2011 2:00 pm

ak451f wrote:Has no one noticed the intelligent social commentary that was the structure of the plot of a South Park episode? Where did that go? There are so many things going on in the world, and Matt and Trey have nothing to say? Really? I mean, it's totally their choice, seeing as how it's their show. But does anyone else notice what seems to be missing in this season? Or is everyone just laughing their asses off at every joke tossed at them? I enjoy South Park for not only it's clever humor but for saying what needs to be said in a way that simultaneously offends and disarms everyone. It puts everyone in the same boat, and while everyone is listening, it speaks to its audience. With the world and our own society on a steady moral and intellectual decline, it seems like South Park is following suit when we need their Voice of Reason the most. But judging from the other comments here and for the other episodes of this season, they could put just about anything on the screen and their "fans" would love it. That is seriously disappointing and makes me wonder if all that people took away from previous episodes were sh*t jokes. No wonder they stopped trying. That being said, it's only been three episodes into the new season, so I hope this is just a rut or something. This message is more to the fans.


aww come on. Everything they did this season so far was commenting on something actual in our present age. South Park is still the best satirical comedy show ever. It doesn't have to comment every latest big world event, that isn't the purpose of this show, man. Just because they didn't do anything on Osama being killed, or the Japanesse tsunami, or the revolutionary acts in North Africa (at least yet) doesn't make it mediocre. I've had fun with this season so far - they ripped on iPad going huge, Comedy Awards being forced to the comedy artists, people being fanatical the Royal Wedding... those may not be as important as it seems, but these are commenting on what is going on in the world NOW. And all three episodes were more or less funny so far (some more, some less). I don't understand all the hate on this season. Maybe it's just you growing old and bitter, dude. ^_^
Reiska
Posts: 149
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:46 pm

Re: *1503: Royal Pudding* Post-Air Thread

Postby Reiska » Fri May 13, 2011 2:54 pm

ak451f wrote:Has no one noticed the intelligent social commentary that was the structure of the plot of a South Park episode? Where did that go? There are so many things going on in the world, and Matt and Trey have nothing to say? Really?


You are so very right. Today's world is filled with vital economic and political issues that would be real treats to T&M.

I think they would really want to chew on them, too bad that they work for a big company that is part of all that madness. There is a limit of what they can and can't address.

Although they are trying hard, in Humancentipad there was mentioned highest authority of the planet and in pudding the abduction and a "beast that preys on all nationalities".

C'mon T&M, throw some hefty punches of honesty on global fiatponzischeme, political corruption and lies can also never be bashed enough.
" They must find it difficult...

Those who have taken authority as the truth rather than truth as the authority. "
marko black
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 2:47 pm

Re: *1503: Royal Pudding* Post-Air Thread

Postby marko black » Fri May 13, 2011 2:56 pm

it's fuc*ing boring. the worst episode... :( the hole season is sh*t.
Tobbhen
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 12:39 pm

Re: *1503: Royal Pudding* Post-Air Thread

Postby Tobbhen » Fri May 13, 2011 3:55 pm

Are u guys serious? How can u people give this episode 9/10 ratings?

This was by far the worst episode of the entire series. I actually considered stop watching at 9 min out in the episode, 9 MINUTES !!

It really seems like Trey and Matt have lost touch with what's funny, and what is not, because south park start to look like family guy. They had a good run with season 1-13, and even first half of season 14 was still funny, then something happend, maybe they startet doing heroin or something, because second part of season 14 was patethic, and the three-parter superhero episodes was some of the worst animated comedy i've ever seen. starting season 15 was a little improvement with the cartman storyline in HumanCentipad, but from then, DOWNHILL, and now we south park is reduced to this episode.

Royal Pudding was an insult to all South Park fans, and if Trey and Matt can't to any better than this, they should consider quiting before it's to late
kempol
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:55 am

Re: *1503: Royal Pudding* Post-Air Thread

Postby kempol » Fri May 13, 2011 4:24 pm

Tobbhen wrote:Are u guys serious? How can u people give this episode 9/10 ratings?

This was by far the worst episode of the entire series. I actually considered stop watching at 9 min out in the episode, 9 MINUTES !!

It really seems like Trey and Matt have lost touch with what's funny, and what is not, because south park start to look like family guy. They had a good run with season 1-13, and even first half of season 14 was still funny, then something happend, maybe they startet doing heroin or something, because second part of season 14 was patethic, and the three-parter superhero episodes was some of the worst animated comedy i've ever seen. starting season 15 was a little improvement with the cartman storyline in HumanCentipad, but from then, DOWNHILL, and now we south park is reduced to this episode.

Royal Pudding was an insult to all South Park fans, and if Trey and Matt can't to any better than this, they should consider quiting before it's to late


third episode is so funny bro
why do you feel insulted ?

well i gotta admit that first and second episode was not funny,especially the first eps
it was kinda....weird for kyle
cynthia325
Posts: 485
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:43 pm

Re: *1503: Royal Pudding* Post-Air Thread

Postby cynthia325 » Fri May 13, 2011 4:35 pm

Tobbhen wrote:Are u guys serious? How can u people give this episode 9/10 ratings?

This was by far the worst episode of the entire series. I actually considered stop watching at 9 min out in the episode, 9 MINUTES !!

It really seems like Trey and Matt have lost touch with what's funny, and what is not, because south park start to look like family guy. They had a good run with season 1-13, and even first half of season 14 was still funny, then something happend, maybe they startet doing heroin or something, because second part of season 14 was patethic, and the three-parter superhero episodes was some of the worst animated comedy i've ever seen. starting season 15 was a little improvement with the cartman storyline in HumanCentipad, but from then, DOWNHILL, and now we south park is reduced to this episode.

Royal Pudding was an insult to all South Park fans, and if Trey and Matt can't to any better than this, they should consider quiting before it's to late

I respect your opinion, but don't speak for all SP fans. Because I disagree with you... comparing sp to family guy? Really? And this episode was not an insult to me because I happen to enjoy it very much. Thank you.
PanayiotisG9Cy
Posts: 0
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:25 pm

Postby PanayiotisG9Cy » Fri May 13, 2011 6:39 pm

Come on you guys you can do better than the last 3 episodes what about making a episode about osama bin lande death or like the episode ''The lossing Edge'' that was good episode that was my favoutite and alot of people too i think so i will stop watching southpark i see alot of episodes and they all were good with out that 3 screw you guys untill make a good episode....!!!?!
Mc Cartman
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 6:08 pm

Re: *1503: Royal Pudding* Post-Air Thread

Postby Mc Cartman » Fri May 13, 2011 6:49 pm

I just didn't connect with episodes "Funnybot" and "Royal Pudding". It's almost like they were written by different people. The jokes were few and the subject matter was real bottom of the barrel stuff. I generally thought they were irritating over entertaining.

Can someone please verify this? I'm begining to think I've had a sense of humour malfunction!!

Best,
::: Mc Cartman
Big-Will
Board Moderator
Posts: 18832
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:57 am

Re: *1503: Royal Pudding* Post-Air Thread

Postby Big-Will » Fri May 13, 2011 8:18 pm

Maybe you've seen the funniest thing in the world, and nothing that follows it will ever make you laugh. Sorry about your loss of funny bone.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Reiska
Posts: 149
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:46 pm

Re: *1503: Royal Pudding* Post-Air Thread

Postby Reiska » Fri May 13, 2011 8:32 pm

UhhIDontKnow wrote:Mr Mackey keeping those kids in line was GREAT! That's how to get serious about tooth decay!


Maybe a bit overdone. When he shouted flat, flat, he sounded just like Randy, not Mackey. Seems like someone on audio dept screwed up there.

When interrogated by Mackey, Kyle should have said that just replace Ike with someone else little kiddo.
" They must find it difficult...

Those who have taken authority as the truth rather than truth as the authority. "
Zazaban
Posts: 3280
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:32 am

Re: *1503: Royal Pudding* Post-Air Thread

Postby Zazaban » Fri May 13, 2011 9:07 pm

8/10, best episode of the season so far. I was pleasantly surprised. Two of the three episodes so far have been pretty good.

Also, to all the people ranting and whining, please, please lighten up. It's not the apocalypse, and I've noticed none of you can agree what the 'better' episodes lately were.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
Big-Will
Board Moderator
Posts: 18832
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:57 am

Re: *1503: Royal Pudding* Post-Air Thread

Postby Big-Will » Fri May 13, 2011 9:20 pm

Zazaban wrote:Also, to all the people ranting and whining, please, please lighten up. It's not the apocalypse, and I've noticed none of you can agree what the 'better' episodes lately were.

Yeah, go post your rants and whines in the general Season 15 thread in General SP Discussion.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests