*1505: Crack Baby Athletic Association* Pre-Air Thread

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

zzyzx 1

Re: *1505: Crack Baby Athletic Association* Pre-Air Thread

Postby zzyzx 1 » Mon May 23, 2011 5:28 am

So all the kids in the room with Cartman are in ties and suspenders except for Kyle, who is in his customary orange jacket. But on page one of SPS Kyle IS in suspenders and a tie as well. A production change, or something?

James--76

Postby James--76 » Mon May 23, 2011 5:35 am

That picture is probably later in the episode this might be Cartman vs Kyle, i`m thinking Kyle gets a job there just to see what cartman is upto and the person who is smart, ambitious and willing to look the other way could be Butters.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Mon May 23, 2011 5:36 am

Well, the description does read "Kyle gets in on the ground floor of Cartman’s latest business venture, The Crack Baby Athletic Association.", so obviously Kyle must get in with Cartman's scheme some how. And if you're gonna be associated with an Association, it helps to dress professionally. Or so I would assume.
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Mon May 23, 2011 5:39 am

BRMBug wrote:. . . . And if you're gonna be associated with an Association, it helps to dress professionally. Or so I would assume.

Or to dress like a Mormon :P Haven't M&T just been in New York for months and months getting "The Book of Mormon" ready for production? And don't a lot of the characters wear suspenders in that show? Maybe M&T have suspenders on their minds :)
neocarleen

Postby neocarleen » Mon May 23, 2011 6:13 am

BRMBug wrote:I wonder if there could be a tie-in with Cartman being crack baby. Or maybe Liane took up her crack use after he was born, I don't know.

Good point. She was on the cover of Crack Whore magazine.
poopydoopy

Postby poopydoopy » Mon May 23, 2011 8:02 am

I was SO hoping they were going to do something on the rapture!
Spazmosis

Postby Spazmosis » Mon May 23, 2011 8:32 am

I would love to see an episode on planking (that is if its possible to animate)
The description of this episode does say hit the ground floor, perhaps maybe planking could be a reference in this episode.

What you opinions?
Hydroleaf

Postby Hydroleaf » Mon May 23, 2011 12:09 pm

A little nervous, but this episode looks interesting. I love how Kyle just gets out of his seat and begins to walk away after hearing Cartman's plan in the preview clip. Also, Kyle looks so goofy in those clothes and suspenders. XD

I really expected to see a Stan episode this week, since Cartman, Kyle, Jimmy, and Randy have had their time. I hope he at least gets a line or something, because "Out of Focus" Stan is bugging me a bit. (To tell the truth, StanLuv25 is influencing me :lol: )
NeuroHeart

Postby NeuroHeart » Mon May 23, 2011 1:19 pm

Spazmosis wrote:I would love to see an episode on planking (that is if its possible to animate)
The description of this episode does say hit the ground floor, perhaps maybe planking could be a reference in this episode.

What you opinions?

I can't recall South Park referencing too many internet memes of such a nature. I doubt they'll do anything on planking.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
crimsonandbrown

Postby crimsonandbrown » Mon May 23, 2011 1:22 pm

Have yall even began to think that this episode could be making fun of the NCAA?
cynthia325

Postby cynthia325 » Mon May 23, 2011 1:37 pm

zzyzx 1 wrote:
BRMBug wrote:. . . . And if you're gonna be associated with an Association, it helps to dress professionally. Or so I would assume.

Or to dress like a Mormon :P Haven't M&T just been in New York for months and months getting "The Book of Mormon" ready for production? And don't a lot of the characters wear suspenders in that show? Maybe M&T have suspenders on their minds :)

No suspenders. Missionaries are required to adhere to a dress code. Men: dark trousers and suit coats, white dress shirts, and ties. The men don't always have to wear a suit. The most common is a white button up and a simple tie. Women: modest and professional dresses or blouses and long skirts. They typically do not show a lot of skin (arms or legs).

No I am not mormon, but M&T are the reason I have researched.

As always, the clip is getting me excited for this week's episode. I can't even guess what it could be about since they always suprise me.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon May 23, 2011 3:11 pm

crimsonandbrown wrote:Have yall even began to think that this episode could be making fun of the NCAA?

With "Athletic Association" in the title, how can you not?

poopydoopy wrote:I was SO hoping they were going to do something on the rapture!

Especially with Harold Camping and James Rochelle, both from Christian Family Radio.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Ladyfarts

looking forward to "meh".

Postby Ladyfarts » Mon May 23, 2011 3:24 pm

I hope this episode does share a bit more about the effed up family life of Liane and Cartman. Liane was described as a crack whore once by Token's parents. Is Cartman a crack baby?

GeminiShamrock

Postby GeminiShamrock » Mon May 23, 2011 3:27 pm

Dude, this looks really good. I see the potential in this episode. I hope I'm right.
Texas born; Texas raised; Texas proud!
REVERSE THE POLARITY OF THE NEUTRON FLOW! (Proud Doctor Who fan.)
Proud member of the Tin Foil Hat Club.
Jeff Murdock "Mopie" (1986-2013) Rest in peace, Mopie.

Postby 203177 » Mon May 23, 2011 3:59 pm

they said basketball so i wonder if there will be basketball involved
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”