*1505: Crack Baby Athletic Association* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Hotcocoseeds

Re: *1505: Crack Baby Athletic Association* Post-Air Discuss

Postby Hotcocoseeds » Fri May 27, 2011 12:56 am

Wow, this episode was amazingly weird and funny at the same time. It was weird seeing Kyle acting like Cartman :lol: Slash isn't real, just fiction and Clyde's mom is Dutch--didn't see that coming. Also, it was cute when Butters singing and fell out from the chair at the beginning. This episode was fresh and amusing.

9.2/10

Postby 203177 » Fri May 27, 2011 1:20 am

its so funny that stan already knew slash was not real. he is so real he's from guns and roses. :D
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
mo303564

Postby mo303564 » Fri May 27, 2011 1:27 am

So....Slash isn't real? He's like the Easter bunny?? :shock:

Anyways....I remember the Sarah McLaughlin commercial on the human rescue league for dogs/cats and I think that was a small inspiration for this show. It was an annoying/disturbing piece. :cry:

Happy to see Kyle and Butters getting a lot with Cartman. It was funny to see Kyle say "god dammit!" :lol:

Swimming in KFC gravy...nice :P All the slavery stuff, you leave to cartman (refrencing back to last season) and nice to hear "Screw you guys I'm going home!" :o

8.2/10. Overall okay, beginning a little dry. The Royal pudding one was just better to me, but this is a solid 2nd in the season. :)
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
Loccsta

Postby Loccsta » Fri May 27, 2011 1:31 am

can someone explain the whole slash not bein real joke?
Hydroleaf

Postby Hydroleaf » Fri May 27, 2011 2:54 am

After I watched the episode a 2nd time, I really enjoyed it! :D
samusco

ugggh

Postby samusco » Fri May 27, 2011 2:59 am

why have the last few episodes of south park sucked balls? What the f*ck is going on? The only passable episode so far was Human cent-ipad. This one is almost as horrible as TMI... if not more so. So far this season has pumped out the worst episodes of south park ever made
bendrums57

this season so far is not that funny

Postby bendrums57 » Fri May 27, 2011 3:04 am

royal pudding, in mo opinion, is the best so far in this season and i am kind of disappointed in this season. seasons 1 - 14 were so fresh and original. hopefully this season becomes better as it progresses
icenick

Postby icenick » Fri May 27, 2011 3:09 am

Some said that the episode was aimless, some said that it was all over the place and some said that the plot was bad (and/or stupid).

I disagree. I think that, for the most part, the story was good (as always, I mean Trey & Matt are terrific storytellers) but I think it got a little out of hand with the Slash story near the end.

I myself didn't laugh a whole lot because I just don't know anything about the NCAA, and I don't follow the latest news of Slash.

So far the 15th season is only ok (Funnybot is the best), but mabey Matt & Trey are just burned after The Book of Mormon crazyness. Mabey we will get a lot better shows in the later run of the season.
caspianrex

Postby caspianrex » Fri May 27, 2011 4:10 am

Finally, a return to form. I thought this episode was delightful!
Clever, with references to Miracle on 34th St., and a really original premise. Great job!
:santa:
cheesers91

Best Episode

Postby cheesers91 » Fri May 27, 2011 6:13 am

I thought this was the best episode of season 15 so far. I have no idea why people dont think this is funny. Its f*cking hilarious and even though I know nothing about EA Sports or college sports I still got it. The whole episode was genius and just what the season needed. LOVED IT
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Fri May 27, 2011 7:14 am

I don't know anything about the NCAA or video games either but I still found the episode funny :). Just because you don't know a whole lot about it doesn't mean it automatically sucks. But I'm not going to spend much time defending this one as there are other episodes worth more defending.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Brendle

Postby Brendle » Fri May 27, 2011 8:30 am

Butters singing a terrible song is funny?
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri May 27, 2011 9:06 am

Almost as funny as Cartman singing "Poker Face." :P
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
dixler

Postby dixler » Fri May 27, 2011 9:38 am

All in all this was a good episode. It was by far the best of the season so far. I had never heard of bumfights before reading the comments in this thread. I can see the reference.

Loccsta wrote:can someone explain the whole slash not bein real joke?

Slash appeared with the Black Eyed Peas during the 2011 Super Bowl Halftime show. The performance of both the Black Eyed Peas and Slash was strongly criticized not just for the quality of the performance but for the absolute mismatch between the performers. Slash played "Sweet Child O' Mine" with the Black Eyed Peas and a few notes from this song were heard when Cartman was talking to someone in his office about Slash. Butters was singing a Black Eyed Peas Song in this episode.

Why would Slash who is a hard rock guitar player (and a very good one at that) perform at the Super Bowl Halftime show with a crappy dance party group like the Black Eyed Peas? What possible reason would he have to do a piss-poor rendition of a nearly 24-year-old song with a group of almost 40-year-olds who appeal mainly to a teenage fanbase? This could be the basis for the "slash will perform anywhere if he gets paid" and the not being real stuff. And this is also why Butters was singing a Black Eyed Peas song. Any song could have been chosen for Butters to sing. But the Black Eyed Peas were chosen to tie it together with Slash in an apparent dig at the Super Bowl performance.

We have Slash in this episode performing at uncharacteristic events, Butters singing a Black Eyed Peas song, and few notes from the song Slash performed with the Black Eyed Peas at the Super Bowl. The obvious answer is that it is meant to reference the Super Bowl performance.

As for the stuff about college athletes being slaves, they do get a free education and housing which can be worth anywhere from $15,000 to $60,000 per year depending on which college they attend. So it isn't like the athletes are not getting anything out of it, not to mention that college athletics is the primary recruiting ground for the professional sports leagues. It's tough to get into the pros if you haven't played at the college level.
abebass

:/

Postby abebass » Fri May 27, 2011 9:43 am

South Park is getting Worse and worse, not big ideas anymore!

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”