*1505: Crack Baby Athletic Association* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

timi45

Postby timi45 » Thu May 26, 2011 5:24 pm

i liked this episode
3rr0r

I LOVED IT !!!

Postby 3rr0r » Thu May 26, 2011 5:32 pm

it was great , keep it up , this is one of the best episodes this season, but obviously the royal pudding is the best by far
MitchC0nner

Re: *1505: Crack Baby Athletic Association* Post-Air Discuss

Postby MitchC0nner » Thu May 26, 2011 5:36 pm

last night was classic south park. hillarious.

I'm suprised that NOBODY is pointing out the obvious connection from last night's episode to the current NFL labor situation between the players and the owners.

i mean the episode was called Crackbaby Athletic Association... yeah you could link some of it to the NCAA, but i thought it was really more about the NFL Players need help cause they have no money to take care of themselves... blah blah blah

the whole thing of cartman trying to convince the government that they were a non-profit and then EA (the owners) taking all of the profits and saying "f0ck them and f0ck you"... and the "players" are just so "shocked" that the way they envisioned the world isnt the way it goes... ie unions & laborers are not in control over the the businesses they work for, and businesses don't have to treat employees as partners...

maby its just me but thats what I heard it in.. so before you think they didnt have a message to the episode, think again!
stevesut1

Postby stevesut1 » Thu May 26, 2011 5:51 pm

It wasn't bad. It felt like watching an early episode at times, which was nice.
CellarDork

Postby CellarDork » Thu May 26, 2011 6:03 pm

I'm from Belgium. I speak Dutch. Why does the Dutch in this episode sound like something between German and a made up language?
Of all the phrases in the English language, of all the endless combinations of words in all of history, "Cellar Door" is the most beautiful.
Reiska

Postby Reiska » Thu May 26, 2011 6:11 pm

IHeartKennyMcCormick wrote:I loved it! ONE QUESTION!

Stan says "You guys are TEN..."

Last time I remember they mentioned their age.. they were NINE...

They gain one year in a decade. :)

Pretty decent episode but there really is much much better, more important and timely subject matter so c'mon T&M. You can do better.
" They must find it difficult...

Those who have taken authority as the truth rather than truth as the authority. "
GeminiShamrock

Postby GeminiShamrock » Thu May 26, 2011 6:41 pm

IHeartKennyMcCormick wrote:
Ex1lepr0 wrote:
IHeartKennyMcCormick wrote:I loved it! ONE QUESTION!

Stan says "You guys are TEN..."

Last time I remember they mentioned their age.. they were NINE...

That's right! they've finally gained another year! It was only a matter of time... :lol:

I'm actullly glad they did! W00t! Are we gonna get a Fifth Grad episode?

It probably won't happen until next year. That is, if it happens at all.

Anyway, this episode was great! Kyle trying to justify his line of work to Stan the whole time was funny. Cartman dressing up as a "Southern slave owner/Colonel Sanders ripoff" and talking to the dean at the University of Colorado really drove the message home.

I'd go into a long point about the hypocrisy of the NCAA, but I think it's been stated already. But I will say this: I think the reason organizations like the NCAA and, say, the Universal Interscholastic League (in Texas. I don't know what pre-college level athletics associations are called in other states.) keep insisting that athletes be student athletes and not get paid is because with the International Olympic Committee allowing professional athletes to compete in the Olympic Games, high school and college athletics are the only remaining bastions of amateur competition. Does it make it right? Nope. That doesn't mean I don't understand why they've taken the position they've currently taken because frankly, I do understand. I just think it's an outdated position to take. (That being said, all institutions are required to adhere to the current rules and bylaws on the books regardless of how archaic they happen to be.)

Overall, great episode. 9.0/10.
Texas born; Texas raised; Texas proud!
REVERSE THE POLARITY OF THE NEUTRON FLOW! (Proud Doctor Who fan.)
Proud member of the Tin Foil Hat Club.
Jeff Murdock "Mopie" (1986-2013) Rest in peace, Mopie.
RichardV1150

Well...

Postby RichardV1150 » Thu May 26, 2011 7:09 pm

During 4th Grade most of us were turning from nine to ten, and if you know their birthdays, Stan is is in October, Kyle is in may butters in November, ect. then it make sense that they are now ten
James--76

Re: Well...

Postby James--76 » Thu May 26, 2011 7:16 pm

RichardV1150 wrote:During 4th Grade most of us were turning from nine to ten, and if you know their birthdays, Stan is is in October, Kyle is in may butters in November, ect. then it make sense that they are now ten

Dude Butters birthday is september
11th, watched this a second time i liked it more so i boost my 6 to a 8
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
plana arium

Postby plana arium » Thu May 26, 2011 7:31 pm

ive seen em all this is the first episode i didnt like it started good like cartman is up to no good then...wow gay i am amazed people liked this as for me well this is the only episode i will not be watching again
plana arium

Postby plana arium » Thu May 26, 2011 7:33 pm

true southpark fans will agree that TMI is the best this season because its actually funny
RichardV1150

Truth is...

Postby RichardV1150 » Thu May 26, 2011 7:36 pm

sometimes when your smarter (possibly dumber) the episodes get dumber/smarter, as you get older you realized how some things were stupid while others were great. You begin to see the references, which can be good or bad depending on how well it was portrayed, you also find things that used to be funny, no longer interesting. Yes, you will be able to give more constructive criticism and tell people how they could have done better, which helps of course. As we are no longer innocent we can see that the world can be a very crappy place in some respects, while others live lavishly, so you can connect to people and the show more. We can relive the best moments of our lives and the worst, whether it's remembering our first kiss or when we figured out Santa Claus wasn't real, or is he? On that note, Stan said those things which aren't real have affected our lives way more than any other person in this life has, and they will outlive all of us. The truth lies still, and can easily be hidden by lies. So when you watch your next episode of South Park, remember how that episode, if not funny to you now, might have made you laugh back in the day. BTW, South Park has been referencing/parodying ideas since the beginning, so when I hear someone say, all of today's episodes are just parodies of movies and shows, I think to myself, it's always been that way. So if you were young like me when you started watching South Park, I highly suggest you go to http://www.spscriptorium.com/ScriptGuideIndex.htm and look at all the old episodes secrets and find out for yourselves just what South Park was portraying; its neat! South Park is cool, and I hope it has affected everyone that watches it, in a good or bad way, doesn't matter. That's what I learned today, what about you?
South Park is amazing and anyone who doesn't think so should learn how to Respect My Authoritah! LOL South Park Rulez!
RichardV1150

Re: Well...

Postby RichardV1150 » Thu May 26, 2011 7:37 pm

James--76 wrote:
RichardV1150 wrote:During 4th Grade most of us were turning from nine to ten, and if you know their birthdays, Stan is is in October, Kyle is in may butters in November, ect. then it make sense that they are now ten

Dude Butters birthday is september
11th, watched this a second time i liked it more so i boost my 6 to a 8

My bad that was a typeo It was my mistake to make
South Park is amazing and anyone who doesn't think so should learn how to Respect My Authoritah! LOL South Park Rulez!
plana arium

Postby plana arium » Thu May 26, 2011 7:42 pm

used to watch it with my dad growing if u can believe that,watch all the coon episodes tell me if u laugh u will on the first one
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: ???

Postby Big-Will » Thu May 26, 2011 7:56 pm

reallikehorrorshow wrote:Is there really only SEVEN EPISODES left ??

No, there's only TWO left.

And seven more starting in October.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”