*1506: City Sushi* Pre-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

nall
Site Admin

Re: *1506: City Sushi* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby nall » Sat May 28, 2011 4:11 am

RianaLD wrote:Jesus Christ you guys fast! It's only Friday and you already have a clip and everything! That's disgusting.

Well I certainly didn't mean to disgust you. :( I'll be sure to try and take longer in the future.
Sgt.YatesMonkeyBalls

Postby Sgt.YatesMonkeyBalls » Sat May 28, 2011 4:16 am

I was starting to worry that Butters was starting to become a talking Kenny (always there, but never getting any real focus), so this is good news indeed. :)
Characters Ranked by Speaking Appearances...y'know, if you care about useless, autistic trivia like that.

Favorite Characters: Randy, Yates, and Butters
Favorite Episode: Cartman's Incredible Gift
Favorite Pairing: Randy x Sharon
JVM

Postby JVM » Sat May 28, 2011 4:18 am

I am so f*cking happy.

Normally I hate Butters episodes, but this is a concept I've always loved and have used in fanfics and was going to do a whole fic devoted to once. I've always placed Professor Chaos and Butters as separate personalities and I've also debated placing others in there (Marjorine's a pretty common choice in other fics, though I scrapped that idea.)

I look forward to this episode. Finally a Butters episode that has real potential and isn't just for laughs. This is what we've been needing for Butters for a long, long time.

As for a possible City Wok subplot, I'm all for it. I still would love to see City Wok Guy be related to Kevin Stoley even though now it looks like he's not Chinese anymore.

(It's actually Dissociative Identity Disorder now.)
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sat May 28, 2011 4:42 am

I dunno what's in store for the MPD/DID part of the plotline, but I hope this is one of their case studies. :)
RianaLD

Postby RianaLD » Sat May 28, 2011 4:49 am

nall wrote:
RianaLD wrote:Jesus Christ you guys fast! It's only Friday and you already have a clip and everything! That's disgusting.

Well I certainly didn't mean to disgust you. :( I'll be sure to try and take longer in the future.

:lol: You're doin good Nall!

But it is rather awe-inspiring on how fast these episodes get made. Don't know how you guys do it.

Is it Wednesday yet?
NeuroHeart

Postby NeuroHeart » Sat May 28, 2011 5:23 am

Hydroleaf wrote:I wonder why the episode's being introduced so soon...

Only a guess, but it's possible this was a banked show. A banked show that they got done early so they could take time off instead of taking time off and then finishing the episode. Perhaps.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Sat May 28, 2011 5:30 am

nall wrote:

No :o The earlier, the better nall :D

Let's also see next years Season 1603 clip now as well :P

But seriously:

NeuroHeart wrote:

Only a guess, but it's possible this was a banked show. A banked show that they got done early so they could take time off instead of taking time off and then finishing the episode. Perhaps.

Yeah, as Bug said earlier:

BRMBug wrote:Happy Memorial Day!

The staff is probably off Sunday thru Monday; Maybe the entire episode is finished already because of the holiday :shock:

The usual SP shooting schedules have no holidays interfering with their work week - until now, Season 15A because of the delay because of work on The Book of Mormon. Just my opinion :)
James--76

Postby James--76 » Sat May 28, 2011 6:25 am

Wow nice and early with this one hope its a gooden.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Sat May 28, 2011 6:50 am

Hope it integrates wok guy (must be in it with a title like this) in a way that isn't too 'city.' Wonder what they'll do when they run out of diseases to do episodes on lol. Sounds character driven again like the last 2 episodes, like i been wanting :)
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
kingcoot

Postby kingcoot » Sat May 28, 2011 7:19 am

Looks like boom boom pow and they're on to that next S**t now. :lol:
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sat May 28, 2011 7:28 am

NeuroHeart wrote:

Nah, they did this so they can take Monday off and enjoy the holiday. Banked episodes are not their thing.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Sat May 28, 2011 7:52 am

That press image is hilarious. His parents are hysterical, the doctor's uneasy, and Butters still has that stupid smile on his face. I love it.

I typically don't care for Butters episodes, but maybe that's just because I'm a Kenny fan. We'll see how it goes.
NeuroHeart

Postby NeuroHeart » Sat May 28, 2011 8:04 am

Big-Will wrote:Banked episodes are not their thing.

Are you sure? Because they talk about them in every single commentary since season three or four.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Sat May 28, 2011 8:27 am

I was really caught off guard by the early press info. Hm...

first off I cannot CANNOT be the only fan begging for a Stan episode by this point. I don't want to come off as a crazed Stan fan but the lack of him is really worrying me. Where is his big role????

As with all the episodes so far I feel very so-so about this one. I love Buters. He's adorable. But I don't think him having multiple personalities works for him. I see it as a Stan kind of thing. That kid has the mental problems/ unstable mind. Butters is just... nice and sweet.

Curious what the boys will do. Curious what Stan will do. :( By this point I give up. I really might have to wait until Oct for his episode. I hate feeling so unsure so far for s. 15. Nothing has excited me yet. I want to jump for joy like I did with the Creme Fraiche press release. *sigh*
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sat May 28, 2011 8:34 am

NeuroHeart wrote:
Big-Will wrote:Banked episodes are not their thing.

Are you sure? Because they talk about them in every single commentary since season three or four.

What they HAVE done is made footage for episodes that the episodes ended up not having time for, so they save the footage for a later time. The Towelie Intervention segments used in "Crippled Summer" last year were originally meant for "A Million Little Fibers" four years earlier.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”