*1506: City Sushi* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Sgt.YatesMonkeyBalls

Re: *1506: City Sushi* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Sgt.YatesMonkeyBalls » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:05 pm

So, am I the only one that felt that there was a hidden message? That is, that most of the racial stereotypes on the show are just being made up by some white guy.

Anyway, it was a good episode. Great in the beginning, kinda dragged on in the middle, but the ending was pretty good (even if it does ruin past Lu Kim episodes). Nice to see Yates and the Stotches get a decent amount of screen time. :D

I'm hoping for a Stan & Randy episode next week. The two haven't really interacted much lately. I mean, it's good that Randy has become a character in his own right, but still, together they provide gold.

Either that or a Garrison episode, but I'm 95% sure they've retired him as the main school staff character in favour of Mackey.
Characters Ranked by Speaking Appearances...y'know, if you care about useless, autistic trivia like that.

Favorite Characters: Randy, Yates, and Butters
Favorite Episode: Cartman's Incredible Gift
Favorite Pairing: Randy x Sharon
Reiska

Postby Reiska » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:17 pm

Fun, great twists and most excellent & appropriate bashing of big pharma but something was missing. Episode was a bit hollow, even with so much good in it.

Makers have started showing same longer animation pieces multiple times like in notfunnybot. Might be a sign of wear & tear.
" They must find it difficult...

Those who have taken authority as the truth rather than truth as the authority. "
UhhIDontKnow

Postby UhhIDontKnow » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:36 pm

Really liked it, would rate it an 8.5/10. Long live City Wok!!

Butters suffered a worse fate than what Wilzyx told Craig was waiting for him - maybe the Dr wasn't naked but he beat him up, and peed on him to boot. That's two pee-ons now for B-Butts as Cartman got him in Aspen as well.

Great stuff, please keep more coming!
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:46 pm

A handful of additional thoughts after a second viewing.

Clearly Butters did not have multiple personalities, that was just his parents being idiots. Dr. Janus/Lu Kim really did, however. And the part where one of his personalities goes on about how he's scamming the town is not an indictment of this psychological disorder. It's just another one of his persona.

One of my biggest laughs was one of Janus' personalities delivering a pizza to another personality.

The wrap up at the end to get everything back to 'normal' was almost 4th wall breaking in how absurd, yet funny and acceptable enough it was. It's the kind of thing they've done well on The Simpsons several times over the years. They got the one-off characters out of the way and reset the universe for next week. Obviously they want to be able to use Lu Kim again in the future, so we get the 'keep our last Chinese restaurant' ending. (I guess the PF Chang's from a couple seasons ago didn't survive the recession.)

You read it! You can't unread it!
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:47 pm

UhhIDontKnow wrote:Butters suffered a worse fate than what Wilzyx told Craig was waiting for him - maybe the Dr wasn't naked but he beat him up, and peed on him to boot. That's two pee-ons now for B-Butts as Cartman got him in Aspen as well.

He also got a golden shower in the dog pound in Good Times with Weapons.

You read it! You can't unread it!
Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:48 pm

triplemultiplex wrote:
UhhIDontKnow wrote:Butters suffered a worse fate than what Wilzyx told Craig was waiting for him - maybe the Dr wasn't naked but he beat him up, and peed on him to boot. That's two pee-ons now for B-Butts as Cartman got him in Aspen as well.

He also got a golden shower in the dog pound in Good Times with Weapons.

And I'm sure Cartman got him another time at least during their sleepovers.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
Waiz

SMH

Postby Waiz » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:51 pm

Butters is the most boring character, if you are going to do episode based on one character let it be Cartman.
Reiska

Postby Reiska » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:03 pm

Butters is great and loving character.

The clock on his laptop shows 12:17:28 AM, should be 0:17:28 AM.

Those who have taken authority as the truth rather than truth as the authority. "
NeuroHeart

Postby NeuroHeart » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:07 pm

When "Billy" busts through the fence and kind of pauses, looking all ominous, is that from a zombie movie? It was such a familiar shot, but I can't recall exactly where I've seen it before.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:13 pm

Reiska wrote:Butters is great and loving character.

The clock on his laptop shows 12:17:28 AM, should be 0:17:28 AM.

Some clocks are different. I've seen both.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
Reiska

Postby Reiska » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:21 pm

Rearry ? I don't berieve rou ! :lol:

Thats one fkd up clock right there. Also the natively english speaking 9 news reporter pronounced city wok as chity wok like the Asians.

There are two Kevins in Asian diversity show, makers are getting careless. Bradley Biggle seems to be back in the crowd also.
Last edited by Reiska on Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

butters kenny

Postby butters kenny » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:28 pm

This episode only made me laugh about 3 times, but overall I loved it, the twist was pretty cool, 8/10, best episode of the season so far to me. Great work South Park team
I Wasn't choking you I was just hugging your neck

R.I.P Chef for realz this time

( chef joined the sith so why don't you?)

R.I.P Billy Bonka
JJz

Postby JJz » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:40 pm

This is one of those episodes I know I'll end up re-watching multiple times down the road. I thought it was great.

The twist merge of plot A and B really took me off guard, so much so that after Butters open the door to the room with kill written over the pics of the japanese guy I went "wait, what?.........Oooooh" :shock:
BigRig37

Postby BigRig37 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:46 pm

Definitely my favorite of the new season so far. I was told before I watched this episode that some character that we've come to love isn't exactly who we thought he was. The whole time I was thinking it was going to be Butters so I was surprised! Great story :D
mo303564

Postby mo303564 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:51 pm

LMFAO. What a twist!! Such a funny episode with all the personalities and sh*t :o

I also knew that Lu Kim was crazy, just never THAT crazy :shock:

Oh well, great episode. lol poor butters getting peed on, and his parents wanting him to be "perfect". Also happy that butters didn't burn the Chaos outfit, that would have made me a saaad panda :|

9.3/10
Last edited by mo303564 on Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”