*1506: City Sushi* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

BadMcNasty

Postby BadMcNasty » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:57 pm

vhat a twist
Shannon30

Re: *1506: City Sushi* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Shannon30 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:29 pm

This episode was better then last weeks but not the funniest by far. I love episodes featuring Lu Kim and Butters :lol: of course!! I dug the surprise ending but I didnt laugh as much as I wanted to. Hope next weeks episode makes up for the last two.
Shannon30

Re: SMH

Postby Shannon30 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:47 pm

Waiz wrote:Butters is the most boring character, if you are going to do episode based on one character let it be Cartman.

What?? Don't get me wrong, Cartman is and always has been my favorite character, but how can you think Butters is boring? He is friggin hilarious. He was meant to be an extra like Token and Clyde, but the viewers loved him so much that they decided to make more and more episodes with him in it. Now you're even starting to see a lot of SP merchandise featuring Cartman, Kyle, Stan, Kenny and Butters. Butters boring..what show are you watching?
Porsche991

Postby Porsche991 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:44 pm

I feel like you guys all missed a huge and obvious point here. Dr. Janus playing Lu Kim is called "yellow face," which is the racial and stereotypical portrayal of Asians by white people. M&T are obviously lampooning how white Americans view Americans of Asian descent and how those views are archaic and just plain flat out wrong. These yellow face roles were manufactured by white Americans to reinforce white supremacy. This yellow face role is perpetuated by white people, which is why Dr. Janus, who plays a caricature of a Chinese man, is white. This was a very intricate episode. Those who said this episode lacks depth do not know much about the development of theater in the states.

This topic has also been addressed by Avenue Q via the character named "Christmas Eve."

This episode gets a 10/10 from me.
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:44 pm

nwt000 wrote:
Stanluv25 wrote:I am so glad to know I am not the only person here now who wants a Stan episode. Seriously Matt and Trey, think your brains off this weekend and make Stan the star next week!!! Before the break... if not I will cry. If it matters or not... :/

I just felt cheated almost tonight. The plot mentioned the boys were going to help Butters so I thought 'okay, Stan has to be a part of that somehow. Who knows, he may end up being sweet and surprising this week! YA!' But all we get is the boys sitting in the bleachers with all the other students??? What the heck?? :o

I want to give this eppy a lower rating, but it doesn't seem right. But it was effed up and Butters does not deserve this treatment!! This poor kid never catches an effin' break!! I can't laugh at any new misfortune that comes Butters' way. It's just sad. :/

We totally need a Stan episode, but Wendy should be part of the plot somehow too. Stanluv, I know Wendy isn't one of your favorites, but she needs an episode just as bad as Stan. Kenny should maybe get the b-plot and the girls that aren't Wendy should fit in somewhere next week.

I wanna clear up my thoughts on Wendy: As a character, I like her. I love that she is headstrong and smart. However I do not like the relationship of her and Stan. There's a difference. I see nothing but two little kids who don't know what love is, 'together.' Be that as it may I sort of see Wendy as any of the other secondary kids. Like Bebe. Clyde. Craig. Red. All the other girls in Mr. Garrison's class. I'm not pushing for them having their own episode because it's not really needed. Stan needs his eppy next week because he is one of the main 5 boys and by now, Cartman, Kyle, and Butters have had their big moments. It's time for Stan's. :)

and Kenny... he's a lamp. so.... he hardly gets screen time or a real role anyway and I'm fine with it. *shrugs*
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
dusty506

Postby dusty506 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:51 pm

Stanluv25 wrote:
nwt000 wrote:
Stanluv25 wrote:I am so glad to know I am not the only person here now who wants a Stan episode. Seriously Matt and Trey, think your brains off this weekend and make Stan the star next week!!! Before the break... if not I will cry. If it matters or not... :/

I just felt cheated almost tonight. The plot mentioned the boys were going to help Butters so I thought 'okay, Stan has to be a part of that somehow. Who knows, he may end up being sweet and surprising this week! YA!' But all we get is the boys sitting in the bleachers with all the other students??? What the heck?? :o

I want to give this eppy a lower rating, but it doesn't seem right. But it was effed up and Butters does not deserve this treatment!! This poor kid never catches an effin' break!! I can't laugh at any new misfortune that comes Butters' way. It's just sad. :/

We totally need a Stan episode, but Wendy should be part of the plot somehow too. Stanluv, I know Wendy isn't one of your favorites, but she needs an episode just as bad as Stan. Kenny should maybe get the b-plot and the girls that aren't Wendy should fit in somewhere next week.

I wanna clear up my thoughts on Wendy: As a character, I like her. I love that she is headstrong and smart. However I do not like the relationship of her and Stan. There's a difference. I see nothing but two little kids who don't know what love is, 'together.' Be that as it may I sort of see Wendy as any of the other secondary kids. Like Bebe. Clyde. Craig. Red. All the other girls in Mr. Garrison's class. I'm not pushing for them having their own episode because it's not really needed. Stan needs his eppy next week because he is one of the main 5 boys and by now, Cartman, Kyle, and Butters have had their big moments. It's time for Stan's. :)
and Kenny... he's a lamp. so.... he hardly gets screen time or a real role anyway and I'm fine with it. *shrugs*

I find that line offensive lol kenny isnt a lamp... hes an immortal lamp....
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:53 pm

^ LOL!! Yes, he's an immortal lamp. He is a light bulb that reignites ever time he dies out. :lol:

Haa, I love that line.
Perfumecandy

Postby Perfumecandy » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:00 am

I understand you really want Stan to have his episode, Stanluv25, but it's time for Kyle have his screentime now :o but I do agree about Stan having his own eppy.
I'm a ultimate fan of Stan Marsh/Eric Cartman
I support StanxCartman ~~~
Fancy Joe

Postby Fancy Joe » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:01 am

One of the best episodes to feature City wok ever, besides The wall.
Death to the MBC!
Long Live the Real awesome characters!
Porsche991

Postby Porsche991 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:02 am

I think you guys are all missing a huge and obvious point here. Dr. Janus's portrayal of Lu Kim is "yellow face," which is the portrayal of Asian men by white people in stereotypical and negative way. Yellow face is used to reinforce white supremacy. M&T are obviously lampooning the views white Americans have of Americans of Asian descent and how these views are archaic and just plain flat out wrong. Dr. Janus's portrayal of a caricature of a Chinese man demonstrates how white Americans perpetuate the yellow face stereotypes. This episode is very intricate. Those who think that this episode lacks depth don't know the development of theater in the states.

This issue was also addressed on Avenue Q with the character called, "Christmas Eve."

I give this episode a 10/10.
jebjim

Poetry with cardboard

Postby jebjim » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:13 am

That was fantastic.

I love the Japanese guy making fun of the Chinese guy's accent ~ work of art.
montequilla

the four main boys

Postby montequilla » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:19 am

there are a couple of other ones in the first few seasons, such as the one about pip and estella and pocket, and then there is the episode about about the canadian dudes
nall
Site Admin

Postby nall » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:30 am

Uncensored version is now available.
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:31 am

Perfumecandy wrote:I understand you really want Stan to have his episode, Stanluv25, but it's time for Kyle have his screentime now :o but I do agree about Stan having his own eppy.

What?? :o He had his big role in Humancentipad and Crack Baby AA already! And a small role in Royal Pudding. Stan hasn't done anything but stand there and deliver some lines. But nothing that's been 'his' moment yet. :)

Haa, I love that line.
Ex1lepr0

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:46 am

I think that since there's a delay between next week's episode and the episode after, they're going to do a 2 parter. Think of Cartman's Mom is a Dirty Slut. I get the feeling M&T are going to do a dick move like that.
Can't we all just get along?

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”