*1507: You're Getting Old* Pre-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Niels0827

Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby Niels0827 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:14 am

Yikes......we got lots of people pointing out the small details, like "how come his birthday is now instead of two seasons ago?" or "If he's 10, how come he's not as tall as the fifth graders are?"

It's South Park. It doesn't have to make sense. This is the same show that turned Barbara Streisand into a ro........well, okay, maybe she IS a robot in real life, but you get the idea.

Besides, who ever said episodes had to air chronologically?

Yes, I agree the boys' appearance shouldn't be altered due to their age. But I seriously doubt that's going to happen.

And PLEASE, don't give Randy more than a couple minutes screen time. I've had enough of him.
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:21 am

*dancing* Oh yeah!! Oh yeah!!!! *dances some more* As soon as I saw Sharon and Randy I was pumped as I played the promo. Of course I think it sounds frikkin' awesome. :D But.... ARGH I am upset the boys are now 10. After so many years in 4th grade they finally age them?? It ruins what I had in mind as the boys' birth order and such. Although here if Stan is just now turning ten, it does still make him the youngest as he told the other boys they were already ten two weeks ago...ANYWAY

Stan and Kyle fall-outs are always great. And apparently his other friends are going to have some problems too. Fabric of SP eh?? Wonder what that could mean :) All I know is-

Stan episode finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY an eppy that has me excited for Wed!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
James--76

Postby James--76 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:29 am

That preview clip made me LOL and whenever preview clips make me LOL that means its going a be a cracking episode, only downside is this is the last one till october guys :(
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:32 am

Stanluv25 wrote:Stan episode finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY an eppy that has me excited for Wed!!

Randy episode. This is a Randy episode, almost certainly.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
RichardV1150

Postby RichardV1150 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:33 am

Stanluv25 wrote:*dancing* Oh yeah!! Oh yeah!!!! *dances some more* As soon as I saw Sharon and Randy I was pumped as I played the promo. Of course I think it sounds frikkin' awesome. :D But.... ARGH I am upset the boys are now 10. After so many years in 4th grade they finally age them?? It ruins what I had in mind as the boys' birth order and such. Although here if Stan is just now turning ten, it does still make him the youngest as he told the other boys they were already ten two weeks ago...ANYWAY

Stan and Kyle fall-outs are always great. And apparently his other friends are going to have some problems too. Fabric of SP eh?? Wonder what that could mean :) All I know is-

Stan episode finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY an eppy that has me excited for Wed!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I'm as happy if not happier than you, it's great to see them finally making an episode about Stan, he is by far my favorite character. The only thing that kind of upsets me about this episode is that it might include too much of Randy, which he's already had enough character development in these last two seasons. I mean how many of us actually want to see more of him than the boys, I know I don't.

This episode has a ton of potential, and that excited me alot. My other worry is that since M&T have done so much on their musical, that they might bring there ideas of music to the south park homefront, making the episode all about music, and not about the characters.

I guess I should stop worrying and just wait and see what comes out, excited for this Stan-filled episode!!!!!
South Park is amazing and anyone who doesn't think so should learn how to Respect My Authoritah! LOL South Park Rulez!
NeuroHeart

Postby NeuroHeart » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:50 am

MysteriousMysterion wrote:But I think them all being ten ( As said in Crack baby Athletic association("You guys are TEN years old!") ) Is a signal of them moving up to the fifth grade, not neccisarily RIGHT NOW, but Im predicting within the next season or two we might get a 5th grade episode. because in 4th grade you go from 9-10, 5th is 10-11. So if Matt & Trey decided to spark some hope in the viewers, its like they are telling us " Yeppp, we are aging them, and Yepppp there will most likely be a 5th grade episode." Cause if they were to spark so much hope by having a quote in one episode, then another based around a 10th birthday, then they are just mean :( . So they kinda dug themselves in a hole if they arent going to do a 5th grade ep, cause everyone will be expecting it now.

I don't think they'll be going to fifth grade, and I'll tell you why: When they graduated to fourth grade, everything changed. There was then a long and torturous plot to get everything back exactly as it had been, especially in regards of Mr. Garrison. Now, I suppose they could just handwave it and say that Garrison had, for some reason, applied to be the fifth-grade teacher and for some reason gotten the job, but that would kind of be lamesauce. It would also prevent any real changes from being explored, even if life was put back to normal later. "Okay, so the boys are in fifth grade, but they all look the same and they have the same teacher, so really things aren't that different." That would be pointless.
So that is why I think they won't move up a grade. It seems much more likely that they'll spend the next few years in the latter half of fourth grade, when a lot of kids might be ten already.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
NeuroHeart

Postby NeuroHeart » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:03 am

zzyzx 1 wrote:
NeuroHeart wrote:They've been fourth graders for, what, ten years now?

Since episode 412: 4th Grade which first aired on 11-08-2000.

Ten and a half years, then. I knew it was in the fourth season sometime.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
MysteriousMysterion

Postby MysteriousMysterion » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:10 am

NeuroHeart wrote:
MysteriousMysterion wrote:But I think them all being ten ( As said in Crack baby Athletic association("You guys are TEN years old!") ) Is a signal of them moving up to the fifth grade, not neccisarily RIGHT NOW, but Im predicting within the next season or two we might get a 5th grade episode. because in 4th grade you go from 9-10, 5th is 10-11. So if Matt & Trey decided to spark some hope in the viewers, its like they are telling us " Yeppp, we are aging them, and Yepppp there will most likely be a 5th grade episode." Cause if they were to spark so much hope by having a quote in one episode, then another based around a 10th birthday, then they are just mean :( . So they kinda dug themselves in a hole if they arent going to do a 5th grade ep, cause everyone will be expecting it now.

I don't think they'll be going to fifth grade, and I'll tell you why: When they graduated to fourth grade, everything changed. There was then a long and torturous plot to get everything back exactly as it had been, especially in regards of Mr. Garrison. Now, I suppose they could just handwave it and say that Garrison had, for some reason, applied to be the fifth-grade teacher and for some reason gotten the job, but that would kind of be lamesauce. It would also prevent any real changes from being explored, even if life was put back to normal later. "Okay, so the boys are in fifth grade, but they all look the same and they have the same teacher, so really things aren't that different." That would be pointless.
So that is why I think they won't move up a grade. It seems much more likely that they'll spend the next few years in the latter half of fourth grade, when a lot of kids might be ten already.

I agree with you pretty much on every point.
But, This is south park woman! Matt and Trey are super creative and they could come up with anything! If they are making them age up, then they must have some later plot/ point to it in the long run. Like I said, there wouldn't really be a point in even SHOWING them age up if it was all for the grand scheme of some birthday ep, which would be retarded. It has to be( in some aspects) for something greater, ex: Fifth grade. But yess, I think it will be the next couple of seasons the late half of fourth grade, but it has to be the WAY later half for them to be 10 now. But we probably wont be seeing fifth grade for a while, but it is almost certain we will See it. SO right here and right now, I am calling it.
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:22 am

Zazaban wrote:
Stanluv25 wrote:Stan episode finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY an eppy that has me excited for Wed!!

Randy episode. This is a Randy episode, almost certainly.

Don't say that. He isn't mentioned in the info but Stan is so there's a high chance this will be more Stan than Randy. Like someone mentioned, Randy could be the entertainment at his son's birthday party or something. Or it could be like Guitar Queer-o and he's trying the latest fad but sucks and we just see glimpses of it but not enough it becomes a Randy eppy.
Guess I am so deprived of new Stan I feel this one will be amazing and hard to disappoint. Cannot wait!!! :D

Haa, I love that line.
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:23 am

Niels0827 wrote:Yikes......we got lots of people pointing out the small details

That's all we have to go on so far :wink:

*still waiting for the arrival of Vunter Slash to post Press Image #2* :)
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:26 am

I don't think Randy will have much of a role here. I m-

...'scuse me! [FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAART]

You just know Randy gonna have words of wisdom for Stan. :D
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Sgt.YatesMonkeyBalls

Postby Sgt.YatesMonkeyBalls » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:28 am

Now that's what I've been waiting for: Stan and Randy! Only problem is that it looks like they will have separate plots, but oh well. There's bound to be some interaction between the two.

NeuroHeart wrote:

Eh, Garrison hasn't had an episode in a little over 3 years and no longer talks at the assemblies and such. I wouldn't be surprised if they used the fifth grade as a platform to make Randy or Mackey the Boys' teacher, just to use them more often.

I mean how many of us actually want to see more of him than the boys, I know I don't.
I hate to break it to ya, but outside of these boards and shipping communities, Randy is probably right behind Cartman in terms of popularity.
Characters Ranked by Speaking Appearances...y'know, if you care about useless, autistic trivia like that.

Favorite Characters: Randy, Yates, and Butters
Favorite Episode: Cartman's Incredible Gift
Favorite Pairing: Randy x Sharon
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:35 am

^ I think we all know that. Which is unfortunate as Randy is not a great person. He is not a good husband and father and belittles things his family says and does. People say they would love him to be their father but really, outside the show you would not want him in your family. He's simply put: a moron. :roll:

Haa, I love that line.
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:36 am

zzyzx 1 wrote:
Niels0827 wrote:Yikes......we got lots of people pointing out the small details

That's all we have to go on so far :wink:

*still waiting for the arrival of Vunter Slash to post Press Image #2* :)

Ask, and you shall receive:

Press Image #2
Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:38 am

Second image is up – Kyle makes a rare hatless appearance, and Butters has a bow-tie.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”