*1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

triplemultiplex

Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:09 am

tribefan wrote:Can you send me a link but this is the last season theyre signed for theyre active on Broadway and pissed off bout 200 and 201 so thats my vibe.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/why-south-parks-trey-parker-171189

Relevant snippet:
A week after they leave New York around March 28, the pair hurtles into the 15th season of South Park, part of a new pact with Comedy Central that keeps the show on the air through 2013 and is said to be even richer than their previous $75 million deal.

You read it! You can't unread it!
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:10 am

Look at the reactions here. Am I the only person who thinks Matt and Trey wouldn't do something this dramatic to alienate their fan base? The show has been going on for 14 years. It's past its heyday. They know most anyone who watches it now is a loyal fan. It is "Year of the Fan", right? Sure, nobody expected them to kill Kenny off, but they brought him back. You think they'd do that again if they knew what was going to happen? Especially with a character like Stan who they have less of a reason to write off than Kenny? Think about that. They want to keep people on the edge of their seats so everyone will tune into the next episode, and from their standpoint, it makes sense to end a half-season with a cliffhanger like this one. It's good for ratings, too. This is how Matt and Trey work. They shock, stun, and confuse, and they're good at it.
FreeQuebec86

Postby FreeQuebec86 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:13 am

The end of the article scare me on again....

“Once you get yourselves into things that are working on a deeper level, you just have to keep going,” Stone reflects. “When you reach that deeper level, you can’t go back.”

Omg... :(:(:(

But they will surely respect their contract....
Barack_Obama

Postby Barack_Obama » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:14 am

It doesn't say any contract was signed or anything, and even if it was, we know they can still end it, just not get paid, right?
I have been here since January 2005 with another name. I have seniority. (.__. )

Plants stuff their pollen everywhere, all those kids who get allergies because of pollen have plant sperm in their lungs. Flowers deep throat kids :I

- Unassumption
FreeQuebec86

Postby FreeQuebec86 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:15 am

Niels0827 wrote:Look at the reactions here. Am I the only person who thinks Matt and Trey wouldn't do something this dramatic to alienate their fan base? The show has been going on for 14 years. It's past its heyday. They know most anyone who watches it now is a loyal fan. It is "Year of the Fan", right? Sure, nobody expected them to kill Kenny off, but they brought him back. You think they'd do that again if they knew what was going to happen? Especially with a character like Stan who they have less of a reason to write off than Kenny? Think about that. They want to keep people on the edge of their seats so everyone will tune into the next episode, and from their standpoint, it makes sense to end a half-season with a cliffhanger like this one. It's good for ratings, too. This is how Matt and Trey work. They shock, stun, and confuse, and they're good at it.

hope you are right
FreeQuebec86

Postby FreeQuebec86 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:16 am

Barack_Obama wrote:It doesn't say any contract was signed or anything, and even if it was, we know they can still end it, just not get paid, right?

maybe they will get sue by the compagny. Like the reverse of Conan story ( they moved his show and he didnt want so he left and sue them )
Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:17 am

Also, they wrote Chef, a beloved character, out of the series and never looked back. I suppose it's not the same thing, Issac Hayes and whatnot, but they survived it.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
Barack_Obama

Postby Barack_Obama » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:18 am

Zazaban wrote:Also, they wrote Chef, a beloved character, out of the series and never looked back. I suppose it's not the same thing, Issac Hayes and whatnot, but they survived it.

Chef is no where near the magnitude of importance in the show.
I have been here since January 2005 with another name. I have seniority. (.__. )

Plants stuff their pollen everywhere, all those kids who get allergies because of pollen have plant sperm in their lungs. Flowers deep throat kids :I

- Unassumption
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:18 am

Zazaban wrote:Also, they wrote Chef, a beloved character, out of the series and never looked back. I suppose it's not the same thing, Issac Hayes and whatnot, but they survived it.

Completely different. Hayes left the show, and with a character like Chef, who has a legendary actor behind his speaking and singing voices, it's not like they could just replace him. I doubt Trey's going anywhere.
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:19 am

In all these thread pages, I don't recollect reading any ratings here for the episode :?

I will give it a 10/10 just for the shock value, and I'll leave it at that (for now).
Sanityxoptional

Postby Sanityxoptional » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:20 am

Well when the voice actor quits (and then dies) it's a given that the character will probably be written off. And with Issac, he was just one character, Trey is half the show.
Serrith

Postby Serrith » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:22 am

I can't rate it yet because I have to watch the episode again at 12. I am still reeling emotionally.
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:23 am

Serrith wrote:I can't rate it yet because I have to watch the episode again at 12. I am still reeling emotionally.

Exactly why I gave it a 10/10; for the shock value; the shock we are all feeling right now
GeminiShamrock

Postby GeminiShamrock » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:27 am

zzyzx 1 wrote:
Serrith wrote:I can't rate it yet because I have to watch the episode again at 12. I am still reeling emotionally.

Exactly why I gave it a 10/10; for the shock value; the shock we are all feeling right now

That's a fair point, and I'll agree with that rating.

10/10 for shock value and overall story. Yes, it really did make me laugh before the depressing ending. (However, something tells me Randy and Sharon will make up again and be stronger than before. Hell, it's happened before.)
Texas born; Texas raised; Texas proud!
REVERSE THE POLARITY OF THE NEUTRON FLOW! (Proud Doctor Who fan.)
Proud member of the Tin Foil Hat Club.
Jeff Murdock "Mopie" (1986-2013) Rest in peace, Mopie.
JDEDJR

Postby JDEDJR » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:28 am

wtf
You can't write the main character out of a show, especially if it's animated, but dear God don't make a spin-off. The Stevie Nix song at the end was pretty omniscient, though. I don't know what to say. After reading several other posts I can almost completely rule out a lack of continuity after this episode. There is a small possibility that the "city sushi" paradox will play into the next episode, I do know that I want to punch Matt & Trey in the face for leaving me hanging like this (though I could never bring myself to do this). I have to say that they played out the end of this half season perfectly, the ratings for the new episode in October will be through the roof.
why? I don't know but they have definitely GUARANTEED that I will watch the mid-season premiere. This episode is very reminiscent of the episode"Clubhouses" I have to say. Until October I hope that my hair won't turn grey from the stress :tweek:

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”