*1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

byte19

Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Postby byte19 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:02 am

fans who've actually said they quit after this episode are just as disingenuine as you you say M & T are.... you were never a "fan" of South Park, when stuff like this happens, you're turned off by it. it's got to be funny, or it ain't S. P.!! what crap! Real fans are concerned if the show ends... not if the show was funny enough without all the sh*t jokes cause that's all they do so they can work on their musical.... if that's what they wanna do... LET THEM!!! this ain't Gunsmoke you know... :assface:
now that's what i call a stickey situation!!

https://www.facebook.com/TheRascalTheory.trt/
3rr0r

brilliant

Postby 3rr0r » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:03 am

thanks guys, great episode and great reflection on the todays viewers\modern music :)
I had a good laugh :)
cant wait for the other half of the season
enjoy holidays :)
georgealister

Postby georgealister » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:03 am

Really? From this episode we've all gathered that South Park is ending, Stan will have to die or simply disappear, and his disappearance will be followed by both Randy and Sharon? No, we'll get an answer for Stan's depression similar to say, the Mysterion solution: something bewilderingly absurd. Like, Stan sits on the toilet, farts, giggles, and is suddenly fine being surrounded by sh*t because he actually finds sh*t funny. Something stupid like that.

We will see more of Randy, Sharon, and Stan. There will be plenty of them this Fall. Think about how many episodes RANDY has been featured in lately. Pinewood Derby, Creme Fraiche, TMI, It's A Jersey Thing, Medicinal Fried Chicken, Margaritaville... And that's JUST RANDY. Stan is featured prominently in almost EVERY episode. They can't get rid of Stan. They got rid of Kenny briefly because the guy doesn't have a speaking role in the show.

ALTHOUGH, Did ya hear that Book of Mormon tickets are being scalped for $900? For ONE TICKET? Yeah man. Maybe they took the Book o Mormon profits and just peaced out. lolz. jokes on us! year of the fan my ass!
RabidBulldog25

Postby RabidBulldog25 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:04 am

I hope this isn't the last season of South Park, but if it is, I hope that Matt, Trey and the SP staff know that we appreciate the last 15 years. "You're getting old" is definately one of my favorite episodes ever. The last 5-6 minutes blew me away. I can't wait for the 7 fall episodes.
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:06 am

Okay, guys, on page 9 of this thread (we're on page 18 now), I said:

zzyzx 1 wrote:Okay, gang, we're into page 9 of this thread already 8)

And now the show is about to repeat on the East Coast; still an hour to go for the West Coast feed.

Come on, West Coasters! Let's give 'um 9 pages or more ourselves!

Let's do it!

Looks like we are going past the 9 more page mark I had hoped for!

Yay West Coasters 8)

Keep posting :D
mst3ktomservo

Postby mst3ktomservo » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:07 am

and oh yea sally struthers is cartman's mom
Stand tall and rock the heavens!
RabidBulldog25

Postby RabidBulldog25 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:08 am

I hope this isn't the end but if it is, I have enjoyed the last 15 years and I hope Matt, Trey and the SP staff know they are appreciated.

This was one of my favorite South Park episodes and the last 5-6 minutes blew me away.
BUTT3RNUTTZ

Postby BUTT3RNUTTZ » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:09 am

Hook, line and sinker......TP know how to reel um in. What a brutally honest episode. Even caused me to shed a tear. Here's looking forward to 15B.

10/10

Brendle

Postby Brendle » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:16 am

The brilliance and importance of this episode hasn't sunk in with a lot of people yet.

South Park has admitted that they just don't like doing the show anymore. They've announced their retirement on the SHOW ITSELF. Has that EVER happened on a TV sitcom? Not to my knowledge.

They've manned up, and done what The Simpsons still can't do.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
TheVanGirlsing

Was that for us?

Postby TheVanGirlsing » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:23 am

I feel like Sharons speech at the end to Randy was really Matt and Trey talking to us viewers. Im pretty sure theyre letting us know that this is one of the last episodes...I guess all good things really do come to an end...
zzyzx 1

Re: Was that for us?

Postby zzyzx 1 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:26 am

TheVanGirlsing wrote:I feel like Sharons speech at the end to Randy was really Matt and Trey talking to us viewers. Im pretty sure theyre letting us know that this is one of the last episodes...I guess all good things really do come to an end...

Funny you should say that; the last episode of Star Trek, The Next Generation was entitled: "All Good Things . . . . "
LottaHistory

Postby LottaHistory » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:27 am

10/10......

This might be the best episode of South Park ever made. Maybe it's just on it's own level and shouldn't really be compared to the rest. But that episode was goddamn genius. I'm still trying to process it. This episode was kinda what I was hoping the "200" and "201" to be about...their relationship with the audience. Bravo to Trey and Matt for their harsh, raw, honesty. You can't ask more of a person than that, and it takes f-cking balls.

Wow. I keep trying to find the exact words to give some type of review, but I''m honestly just blown away by it. This shows been a constant in my life from elementary school, thourgh high school and college, and now into my adult life. It's the only thing I go out of my way to watch on television. When I think about it, Trey Parker and Matt Stone have had such a tremendous influence on my life, since I was like 12. Nobody should see this as a "f-ck you" to fans. You should respect them for how f-cking honest they were with you, the fans.

I don't even really know what to think, other than "f*cking Bravo, sirs." I want to shake your hands. That was a work of art that completely took me, and it seems anybody who watched it, by surprise.
bunnasoo

Postby bunnasoo » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:38 am

BEAUTIFUL episode. I've watched since a friend got a copy of the Christmas video, and being just a couple years older than M&T I can really appreciate how they've evolved since the beginning. This episode rang so true with me - when I was a kid I thought my mom was so stupid because she didn't like Men at Work and Duran Duran, then one day a few years ago I realized I didn't know who the hell ANYBODY on the Grammy's was. Another thing; when I first saw the first Mr. Hanky episode, it was the funniest thing I'd ever seen. Now when they show smeared or flying sh*t I have to close my eyes because it grosses me out so much. OLD!

I didn't take this as the show is over so much as it's going to have some drastic changes next season. At least I hope that's what it is - I'd hate to lose probably the strongest voices for sanity and compassion our gay little pop culture has.
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:48 am

Funny you should say that; the last episode of Star Trek, The Next Generation was entitled: "All Good Things . . . . "

Considering M and T steal everything from ST I hope they don't go referencing all good times themselves anytime soon!

They've manned up, and done what The Simpsons still can't do.

SImpsosns didn't do it first but I'm sure most other shows that started 10 years into that's run have ended already. It's not 'announcing retirement' quite yet, just dissatisfaction and boredom and we knew that already.

It seems that Ol' Randy is going back to his progressive past as well

What evidence is there for that all I see is a guy who hears sh*t and PRETENDS he's not getting older - which is what the show was criticizing itself for becoming I think =/

Episode 1508 has to bring back Roy from Clubhouses it would be so funny

Not like the first time they got divorced?

Of all the things South Park has surprised me with

Show always grows and changes this is part of that - weather it's a last spurt before it dies or not I don't know maybe they don't even know all the episode says is they don't like what they're doing NOW, and want something different, not that they want to stop alltogether.

fans who've actually said they quit after this episode are just as disingenuine

f*ck this 'patriotism' the show isn't a religion or country your going to war for its something on TV (am i the only one who noticed the movie trailers?) if you think it's getting sh*tty criticize it and don't watch or just watch to laugh at how sh*tty it is, even if you used to be a fan of earlier seasons (it does grow and change a lot) don't watch it JUST through brand loyalty unelss you're as conformist as the emos.

Think about how many episodes RANDY has been featured in lately.

Think who the breeches were pulled off and was being criticized by the old men standing in for M and T?
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
BushidoForgotten

Re: Was that for us?

Postby BushidoForgotten » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:52 am

TheVanGirlsing wrote:I feel like Sharons speech at the end to Randy was really Matt and Trey talking to us viewers. Im pretty sure theyre letting us know that this is one of the last episodes...I guess all good things really do come to an end...

I completely agree. I think Matt and Trey have heard the complaining about the last few seasons (fans saying they are unhappy) and have responded saying that maybe they have outgrown South Park and that they aren't really happy either.

They have other loves and projects and honestly did we think that these two geniuses would be satisfied with low-brow satire forever? They have matured and they skewering has taken a critically acclaimed route (Book of Mormon). I think this may be the last episode. I think Comedy Central's stance on the Mohammad fiasco was the beginning of the end for South Park. Maybe I am over-analyzing, but this show doesn't seem like another joke on the fans. If I am correct, thanks for everything Matt and Trey. Sooner or later we all grow up.
Last edited by BushidoForgotten on Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”