*1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

akhilpw

Total sh*t

Postby akhilpw » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:32 am

1507 was a total sh*tty episode. Ended abruptly.
Pip Tweek

Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Pip Tweek » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:23 pm

This episode hit me like a punch to the gut. Not just Stan's cynicism, but Kyle actually preferring to hang around Cartman is just wrong.

I didn't find this episode funny, but it was moving.
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:24 pm

BearGrylls wrote:Did anyone else notice that the Sticky in the General Discussion part about M&T signing and new contract was "Un-Stickified"????? :cry:

FML! :evil:

Whether or not that thread is a sticky is irrelevant to what actually happens. The consensus here on the BBS is that the message behind this episode is that M&T are tired of the show and want to move onto other things, but only those two know what's going on. Maybe 15 will be the last season, but maybe (and hopefully) it won't be. That news article stating their extended contract through season 17 should have been taken lightly in the first place, but people got over-excited and accepted it as truth, even though the article didn't point to any sources.

So, as I said, that thread and the article in it are to be taken lightly. Until we get more sources claming there will be two more seasons, you can safely assume that this is the final season. Again, myself and a lot of others hope it isn't, but none of us will know anything until October.
GreenIceTea

the end

Postby GreenIceTea » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:36 pm

when sharon marsh was talking at the end thet every week is the same sh*t and all that that made me think thet Matt and Trey said that and thet thy are tierd of making south park ....listen please and tell me what do you think
stevesut1

Postby stevesut1 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:44 pm

Sad cliffhanger. Maybe, things will work out when the show returns.
CeeLos213

Postby CeeLos213 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:05 pm

This episode hit too close to home for me... I think I'm suffering from the same condition as Stan. Everything that was cool when I was younger sucks nowadays. Previews for new movies look like invitations to get shat on, new music is hardly recognizable as "music", most new videogames feel like a waste of $60, and I'm literally incapable of watching 99% of what passes for entertainment on television (ESPECIALLY REALITY TV). The people who like all this crap are hard to respect, and for the last 15 years it's been nice to someone I do respect trashing them. Oh yeah, I hate hippies too.

Yes, I'm a cynical a$$hole. The only thing I've got to look forward to every week (or rather, every week for six or seven weeks twice a year) is South Park. I've watched every single episode at least twice, and for some reason I find myself alone in thinking that every episode this season was good (Royal Pudding being my personal favorite). It's as if everyone in the world likes the stuff I see as crap, and my beloved show is now crap to everyone... Maybe even the creators.

If this is indeed the last season, I will shed a tear and continue to fight the good fight against crap alone.
Current Film Director Sh!t List:
(Director/Reason Why)
Brett Ratner/X-Men 3
Jerry Bruckheimer/Bad Boys II
John McTiernan/Last Action Hero
George Lucas/should have quit while still ahead in 80's
Rob Cohen/*puke*
Michael Bay/unholy spawn of Satan
gazi05

Postby gazi05 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:06 pm

Why the F did you do that for. Now i have to wait 4 months to see the other episode :/... I am getting old...
NeuroHeart

Postby NeuroHeart » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:28 pm

zzyzx 1 wrote:
NeuroHeart wrote:Also, they used a Stevie Nicks song :shock: It was fitting, but... they hate her. Not sure what to make of that, either.

I think it was a look back at season 5, ep 509, Osama bin Laden Has Farty Pants where they had a goat that looked to the military as Stevie Nicks. In tonight's episode, the Nicks character actually made goat sounds while singing; listen again :)

I was talking about the song that played over the ending, not Steamy Nicks.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
cynthia325

Postby cynthia325 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:31 pm

Couple of things...

1: i keep reading posts about the show is signed on through S17. and other posts are saying they haven't signed the contract yet and it's not official. does anyone know the facts for real? if not it's cool. no biggy... we'll find out.

2: i am a huge fan of the show and i can appreciate every episode for what it is. it baffles me that the majority of you complain about every little effing thing. just sit back and enjoy the show! they make it to make us laugh! i have faith that this is just something brilliant in the making...but like i said in my first post... this can't be the end. they're going to do something huge for the series finale.

3: i can't believe how many of you are pissed and upset that M&T have had success doing a broadway show. yes SP is their baby, but it is not their whole career. i am supportive of everything they do and for some of you "fans" to be like 'year of the fan my ass' i am shocked. how dare M&T want to do someting other than SP! those selfish bastards! oh the humanity! a lot of you sound so dramatic about the show possibly ending sooner than later. i am optimistic about it, but who knows. if they decide to just end it now, let them. a lot of you are reading WAY TO MUCH into the hidden message.

seriously am i the only fan who watches the show and just enjoys it? i wish the board was full of people who want to just talk about "how great last night's episode was" or "omg that was my favorite part" but instead i come on here and read people pissed about how much it "sucked" or bash M&T because of their work outside of the show. if there is anyone out there who wants to ever just rant about how awesome SP and M&T are... PM me.
mecko

Postby mecko » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:37 pm

cynthia325 wrote:Couple of things...

1: i keep reading posts about the show is signed on through S17. and other posts are saying they haven't signed the contract yet and it's not official. does anyone know the facts for real? if not it's cool. no biggy... we'll find out.

2: i am a huge fan of the show and i can appreciate every episode for what it is. it baffles me that the majority of you complain about every little effing thing. just sit back and enjoy the show! they make it to make us laugh! i have faith that this is just something brilliant in the making...but like i said in my first post... this can't be the end. they're going to do something huge for the series finale.

3: i can't believe how many of you are pissed and upset that M&T have had success doing a broadway show. yes SP is their baby, but it is not their whole career. i am supportive of everything they do and for some of you "fans" to be like 'year of the fan my ass' i am shocked. how dare M&T want to do someting other than SP! those selfish bastards! oh the humanity! a lot of you sound so dramatic about the show possibly ending sooner than later. i am optimistic about it, but who knows. if they decide to just end it now, let them. a lot of you are reading WAY TO MUCH into the hidden message.

seriously am i the only fan who watches the show and just enjoys it? i wish the board was full of people who want to just talk about "how great last night's episode was" or "omg that was my favorite part" but instead i come on here and read people pissed about how much it "sucked" or bash M&T because of their work outside of the show. if there is anyone out there who wants to ever just rant about how awesome SP and M&T are... PM me.

Sharon and Randy decide a bigger house in SP will make them happier :wink:
A Guy

Postby A Guy » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:39 pm

Matt and Trey have a wonderful ability to objectively analyze two sides of every argument. As much as this episode admits a genuine lack of passion being brought to the show, it critiques the fans for their unreasonable and hypocritical standards. Yes the technique of blending cultural references with insane and outlandish plots has grown stale in the eyes of many fans, but conversely, much of the criticism M and T face is one-dimensional, and short-sighted. "Did you see SP last night?" "Yeah it was sh*tty. They just go on a crazy journey, and reset as if nothing happened."

Lets not forget that for the first portion of this show, the same character dies in every episode, only to be respawned in the next...and we ate it up. Only now do M and T hear cries of criticism where in the past they heard praise. The same tactics we once adored, are now overused. But as the episode suggests, maybe the fans and M and T have simply grown apart. Maybe our tastes have evolved.

I expect to see these dramatic changes in plot to stick when this season returns. Cartman and Kyle will have evolved into buddies, Sharon and Stan will be separated from the rest of the cast. So much resolution needs to take place, but we are being prepared for a much more somber, and introspective series conclusion. A bit early to say, but I also expect these changes (dare I say...5th grade?) will be met with even more criticism from some of the shows fans. "Why are they growing up? Why arent they resetting every week?" Opening the door for M and T to pounce on the hypocrisy of some of the less insightful cynicism they deal with daily. Pretty lofty prediction I admit, but hey, whats a forum for if not to spew whatever bullsh*t comes to mind?

A few questions: What do the two older guys represent in this episode? Possibly M and T? They seem aware of a great divide between themselves and the emerging generation of cynics.
Who is the other woman? At the shows climax, the fight between Sharon and Randy, she is blamed for driving the final wedge. What about the britches? The two older guys try to rescue them from the conflict, and are robbed of them by the police. Is it possible these are the episodes M and T have created? Is it possible this is the end? Albeit abrupt, it would be a fairly appropriate closure for the series. It doesnt seem out of character for M and T to just walk away, and deal with the legal repercussions of abandoning their contracts.

This episode deserves a truly excellent review. Bravo guys. Although were all getting older, you two were remarkably a part of a lot of this countries early years. No matter how you chose to sign off, we will genuinely miss you, and this show. Thank you.
zeppblimp

Postby zeppblimp » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:43 pm

The last few minutes of this episode seem to make it pretty clear that they don't want to do South Park anymore. Why now? Don't they have a second half of the season to make? I don't know what I'll do with myself if they quit making it.
TSR

Postby TSR » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:52 pm

Anybody else hoping that in October Lemmiwinks shows up and makes everything OK? :cry:
Pwellz

Postby Pwellz » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:53 pm

Man can't wait til october. Was hoping everything was going back to normal at the end of the episode and was even sadder when I found out there was no new episode next week. A new twist to the show might be fun. Just hope Randy and Sharon aren't broken up for good.
AnnasAFreak

Postby AnnasAFreak » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:00 pm

Ouch, this episode made me kinda' depressed, but I still liked it. I can't wait to find out what happens next, especially since Kyle and Cartman are suddenly hanging out.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”