*1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

cartbutters

Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Postby cartbutters » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:44 pm

omg.. i watched this episode 2 times and if i where to watch it again i would definitely cry.
im completely depressed at the moment. so shocked, but still confused.. i mean
they didnt kill stan completely, like they did with chef - so it has to be a 2 part ?
then kyle and cartman best friends ? they just killed the meaning of every episode before.
i really really hope this is a joke - i mean u guys said there would be a 17 season?

this episode was too much.
idannydiaz

Postby idannydiaz » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:45 pm

Was....was....was that the end? :cartmancry:
tomyb

Postby tomyb » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:57 pm

I was waiting for Stan to wake up or something like that in the end but it just ended like that...As an other guy said, if it's not a two parter,then the show ended 8th of June...Randy is also one of my favorites and I really got depressed with this whole situation.And Cartman being Kyle's buddy?God damn it I even named my dog Cartman!Dont do this to us xD
TimOB

Postby TimOB » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:03 pm

It doesn't really add much to discussion but I'm surprised nobody's quoted "what does our son turning 10 have to do with you making the same mistakes?"

Substitute "son turning 10" with "show turning 15" and the theme is all the more apparent.
Duke Silver

Postby Duke Silver » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:05 pm

I thought this was a fantastic episode. Something I did not expect from SP these days. I loved the cynacism, the britches-stealing hill-billies, and of coutse the unexpected finale. Best ep since season 11.

Also, you guys jump to conclusions way too fast. Of course Stan is not written outy of the show. Jesus, anyone who feels this strongly about this I kinda feel sad for you. They are trying to do something fresh, but you just want the status quo and nothing to change. I hope the changes stay by October.

Oh and I lost my sh*t during those sh*tty trailers.
Previously "Jake, M'kay?"
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:08 pm

Duke Silver wrote:I thought this was a fantastic episode. Something I did not expect from SP these days. I loved the cynacism, the britches-stealing hill-billies, and of coutse the unexpected finale. Best ep since season 11.

Also, you guys jump to conclusions way too fast. Of course Stan is not written outy of the show. Jesus, anyone who feels this strongly about this I kinda feel sad for you. They are trying to do something fresh, but you just want the status quo and nothing to change. I hope the changes stay by October.

Oh and I lost my sh*t during those sh*tty trailers.

Randy and Sharon getting divorced and Stan moving to a new house(though not necessarily out of town) are all great developments, and I have said that for years.

It was just the rest that, well, really screwed it up.
Last edited by ShaneHaughey on Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
nightcawk

Postby nightcawk » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:18 pm

I've read some really great comments from huge fans on this thread already... so I'm not going to bother writing another wall of text for Trey and Matt to read (if they even do).

However, is this truly is the last season of South Park, I'd like to thank you guys and everyone who works to make these episodes happen.

I've saw it since the first episode, and even though it was once banned from Belgium (a looong time ago) and me and my friends were forbidden to watch it, we tried to watch it on the internet or get by on videotapes of other tv channels. We didn't understand nearly half of the episodes but it was still one of the best times I've had watching TV.

It returned with season 8 on Belgian TV (at least I think it was) and since then I've watched it every time again and then here on the site. I've loved it from the very beginning. I'm almost 19 now and this episode has made me very emotional. I'm no longer friends with the people I used to watch them with.

I love you guys for making South Park possible and bringing joy to my sh*tty life once every 2 times a year and I wish you guys the best of luck in your future

f*ck, this has turned into one of them long, emotional, reaing-into-too-watch comments hasn't it. We should read more often, thanks for 15 seasons of South Park, even if this isn't the mark of the ending.
jctd25

Postby jctd25 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:21 pm

funny episode. I hope its at least a 2 part episode cause the ending went by pretty fast
tomyb

Postby tomyb » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:26 pm

I refuse to resort to Family Guy!Don't let those god damn manatees win you guys!
MidnightSun308

Postby MidnightSun308 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:27 pm

The duck turning around and spewing sh*t at Stan made me laugh so very hard. The episode was over for five minutes, and I was still lauging.

The rest of that sequence, though... this is not something I expected. If it's really the last season, I never expected it to go like this, always thought it would be more like a plaster ball painted like the earth being taped, then having it explode.

Cartman: "Screw you guys, I'm blowing up the Earth."
Kyle: "... What?"
*Ba-BOOOM!*
smokymcpot2

Postby smokymcpot2 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:39 pm

no way randy s single
kingwebster

Postby kingwebster » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:41 pm

We all need to look at this episode in a different kind of way. Matt and Trey work with a short deadline and they been doing this for 15 seasons. This is one of my favorite shows and always will be but if Matt and Trey want to move on to different things let them.

I personally would like to that Trey and Matt for consistantly making me laugh for as long as they have. I can't even imagine the pressure that they get every week.
Reiska

Postby Reiska » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:42 pm

Episode started so happily and what a way did it go. I think it's a brilliant description of M&T's emotions while making all those episodes and seasons. Reminds so very nicely that everything is so momentary, life as it's laughs and sorrows. It is the fleeting briefness of all that makes things so precious.

Stan's change seemed very sudden and steep but overally a great episode. References to tv, today's culture and especially O'Bama and Usa were ofcourse sweet milk and honey from heaven of truth. T&M and so many others clearly see that Usa is going to hell in a handbasket as saying goes and nothing can stop that now.

Numerous references to past episodes were great and thousand points and thumbs for tidy jewfro & unhooded Kenny. Leaving the story where it left before a long break is naturally real sh*tty.
Last edited by Reiska on Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
" They must find it difficult...

Those who have taken authority as the truth rather than truth as the authority. "
The Coon And Friends

Absolute sh*t

Postby The Coon And Friends » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:43 pm

This episode came out of the blue. It sucks that the episode ended this way
Anton7719

Postby Anton7719 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:47 pm

I don't get it ? This whole season was bad...Was this last show a metaphor or some kind of joke for the whole season ??? Really, Was South Park trying to make a point here...That after awhile, fans will watch anything...regardless of how bad it is...I think season was some kind of experiment...Or maybe a commentary on the state of today's music, movies, and pop culture...It's all cr**p...But people are afraid to say anything..less be called a "hater"...I guess the joke is on us....Really..This season was all about toilet humor...no decent plot or story line...I think it was a test...

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”