*1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Gingerfan1

Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Gingerfan1 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:56 am

Here's my two cents after registering this episode for a full 24+ hours and after watching it 3 more times:

The part where Stan is in a lunch room with people that look like poo all around him, kind of looks like he is still at South Park Elementary.

The show is going to change at the very least judging by Sharon & Randy's argument. This was hard to hear, they clearly admitted to thinking the show was sh*t, and with all honesty; I think they can do better as well, hence the line "you seem sh*tty to me too" they aren't happy with the work they have done. I hope they will do better 15B they seem set on doing something good in-order to "Save their britches"
Good episode, I could have gone without the dog sh*tting out of a detailed sphincter though honestly haha.
Last edited by Gingerfan1 on Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
sandninja58

f*ck you, Cartman and awwwwz

Postby sandninja58 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:59 am

God damnit, Cartman can you get any more annoying, self-centered, and/or shitier?
And awz. Yet another friendship ruined by age. The creaters better fix that next week, not just hit the reset button again.

Also, i like the reset button most of the time, but sometimes i want a part 2, like for Pandemic
Golden Mean

Postby Golden Mean » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:05 am

ClassyTie wrote:I think people are overreacting about Kenny being shown so easily, it happened in The Losing Edge.

Agreed. I think they had good reason to do it too. This episode was about making people question the ultimate fate of SP, and showing Kenny unhooded is definately something you would expect them to do if the show was going to be ending soon.
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:08 am

^ That's the crazy thing about this one: there can be no reset button. There is going to be a part 2 to this. And the possibilities of what happens are endless. For one, the thought of Sharon and Randy together seems very unlikely. I mean, how could they if he left somewhere and she took the kids and bought a new house? You don't do that if there's a chance you might get back together. :oops:

What I think/want: Kyle and hopefully Cartman and the others try to find a cure for Stan's cynicism. There is no way they will just kick Stan out of their lives like that. He's everyone's friend. They will want to help him. Stan doesn't want to live like this. He needs help as to why he thinks everything sucks now. It's serious, and Kyle 'curing' him will be one of the greatest things yet.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
BearGrylls

Postby BearGrylls » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:16 am

Stanluv25 wrote:^ That's the crazy thing about this one: there can be no reset button. There is going to be a part 2 to this. And the possibilities of what happens are endless. For one, the thought of Sharon and Randy together seems very unlikely. I mean, how could they if he left somewhere and she took the kids and bought a new house? You don't do that if there's a chance you might get back together. :oops:

What I think/want: Kyle and hopefully Cartman and the others try to find a cure for Stan's cynicism. There is no way they will just kick Stan out of their lives like that. He's everyone's friend. They will want to help him. Stan doesn't want to live like this. He needs help as to why he thinks everything sucks now. It's serious, and Kyle 'curing' him will be one of the greatest things yet.

I know what you mean, Stan always has and will be my favorite character... They can't do the show at all without him! I say either the boys try to find a cure for him, or else something tragic happens to Stan and he kinda snaps out of it in a "You know, I learned something today" moment :) (I love those)
But whatever does happen will, Matt and Trey know what we want... And its STAN!!!!!
zzyzx 1

Re: f*ck you, Cartman and awwwwz

Postby zzyzx 1 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:20 am

sandninja58 wrote:God damnit, Cartman can you get any more annoying, self-centered, and/or shitier?
And awz. Yet another friendship ruined by age. The creaters better fix that next week, not just hit the reset button again.

Also, i like the reset button most of the time, but sometimes i want a part 2, like for Pandemic

Well, the opening sequence with Cartman set the premise for South Park still doing the same old shιt (to coin THE word from the episode).

But "The creators better fix that next week" isn't going to happen; it's in 4 months, on October 5.

Stanluv25 wrote:^ That's the crazy thing about this one: there can be no reset button. There is going to be a part 2 to this. And the possibilities of what happens are endless.

Hmm... How about this? If the possibilities are endless, then one possibility is that there can be in fact a reset button :wink: Why not? This is the world of South Park 8)
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:23 am

^ haha. well true... I would love to see how on earth they can click that restart button after what happened in this episode. :roll:
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
BearGrylls

Postby BearGrylls » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:30 am

They better not just hit the reset button! There are so many unanswered question after this episode!!! But it is Matt and Trey.... So they just might do it to piss us off! lol What if Randy and Sharon's argument was a setup for them to do just that?!? :o
JVM

Postby JVM » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:32 am

I don't think this is going to be a straight two-parter. I don't think Matt and Trey will try to fix everything right off the bat.

My guess is the last seven episodes will form a genuine story arc, gradually wrapping up all of the character's storylines. Stan will probably end up fine, rest assured, but I don't think he's going to be cured immediately in #1508 is all.

If this really is the end, my guess is the boys will be reunited to fight against some huge threat to the town.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
xRandomosityx

Postby xRandomosityx » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:42 am

It seems most fans are either in denial, angry or accepting of the fact the South Park may be ending...

I know I'm in denial... I just started watching South Park this year and watched all the episodes in a few short months. I absolutely adore this show and really don't want it to end.

I honestly don't think this season has been that bad. In fact, I would say the crack baby episode will make it on my top 15. Some of the episodes have been a bit weak for South Park, but still pretty damn good! I definitely don't think it's going the way of 'The Simpsons' yet.

Regardless, as other people have pointed out, the conversations between Sharon and Randy really seems more like Matt and Tray talking about South Park. The parallels are undeniable... If Trey and Matt really don't want to continue, then they shouldn't.

Also Kyle and Eric becoming friends??? I'm so conflicted on whether I like this or not...
kalbahamut

Postby kalbahamut » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:25 am

JVM wrote:If this really is the end, my guess is the boys will be reunited to fight against some huge threat to the town.

Mecha Streisand?

I wish they would do 7 straight episodes about Muhammad. Maybe if they did it enough then they could get out of their contracts... and on top of that... the only time in the last 4 years that they show has been really relevant was when they were tackling Islam and free speech issues.

But a 7-episode long arc about character growth and resolution would be cool if they actually did that. and I for one would be happy to see the show retired before they put out another 4 seasons of crap.
Sgt.YatesMonkeyBalls

Postby Sgt.YatesMonkeyBalls » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:48 am

JVM wrote:I don't think this is going to be a straight two-parter. I don't think Matt and Trey will try to fix everything right off the bat.

My guess is the last seven episodes will form a genuine story arc, gradually wrapping up all of the character's storylines. Stan will probably end up fine, rest assured, but I don't think he's going to be cured immediately in #1508 is all.

If this really is the end, my guess is the boys will be reunited to fight against some huge threat to the town.
That's what I'm thinking, too.

Another idea I just had is that, after a time skip to the fifth grade, we get an episode just about the Marshes reuniting. Then Stan returns and sees how much has changed over the summer.
-Kyle no longer wears his hat.
-Cartman has lost weight and now even Kyle calls him Eric.
-Kenny is unhooded and more outgoing.
-Butters has a full head of hair and is no longer an outcast (maybe they'll call him Leo).
-Token's family became poor because of the economy and so he no longer feels left out.
-Garrison is now a bisexual furry.
etc.

Either A.) the changes are refreshing and cure Stan of his cynicism, only for everything to be returned to normal due to Randy shenanigans, or B.) Stan finds that the changes made everything seem even shittier and goes out of his way to return things to normal.
Characters Ranked by Speaking Appearances...y'know, if you care about useless, autistic trivia like that.

Favorite Characters: Randy, Yates, and Butters
Favorite Episode: Cartman's Incredible Gift
Favorite Pairing: Randy x Sharon
breakingmyballs

I Think the Show Just Ended

Postby breakingmyballs » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:07 am

Doesn't that seem like the last episode ever? I wouldn't put it past them to end it without any build-up or promotion. Just end it after 15 years. In fact, it would be the best way to end any great show. Without any of the extra bullsh*t.
FuckingCrazyLunatic

Damn

Postby FuckingCrazyLunatic » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:47 am

Anybody get douche chills from some of these comments.
odinfire

Postby odinfire » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:18 am

Did anyone ever think that maybe T&M just wanted everyone to feel like sh*t?

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”