*1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Head_Cancer

Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Head_Cancer » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:34 pm

I'm surprised to read all the negativity surrounding this episode, I thought it was their best in a loooong time. It would be a perfect last episode ever, in fact. Some of you kids have a long way to go until you understand what it means to be perma-cynical, so you're forgiven for your misplaced dejection. This episode was a masterpiece...
pumaking

Postby pumaking » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:47 pm

Now is not a good time to end the show. The writers have created something bigger than their own personal afflictions and to end the show because they are tired is selfish.

This is a trying time at home and abroad with wars in the Middle East and Africa, a global oil crisis, a busted economy, and elections coming up. Yeah, there will always be problems in the world, but I really think this is a crucial point in time where the writers can use this massive forum they've created to address those current issues.

To end the show now would be irresponsible. To forsake their millions of fans in their time of need when they are the lone light in many of their depressing lives is unjust. South Park has become too big; it means too much to the world to end it now.

So basically the point of my argument if you haven't gotten it yet is that in a crazy way, the world needs south park. The writers might not like what they're becoming personally, but until the world has achieved some level of stability they have a duty to continue writing. The night is darkest just before the dawn, right? So please, don't let the show end now when the world needs it most.
MrMcKenzie

Postby MrMcKenzie » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:55 pm

“South Park is way bigger than either of us,” he says. “And it’s this curse, and when we are doing it, I hate it. I’m pissed off and I’m tired, and every single Tuesday I say, ‘This is the worst show we’ve ever done!’ It’s brutal. But it’s something I am a part of that’s bigger than I am. That’s what most important.”

That is what Trey Parker told the Hollywood Reporter, for those who haven't read it by now....seems pretty clear. :cry:

Personally, I would like to see them leaving South Park for some time, and make a new movie. Something like Team America, but different, of course :wink:
And then, who knows? Maybe the old spirit returns, if they don't "have" to do it anymore. And if not, then that was it. Just thinking.
nwntas

Postby nwntas » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:10 pm

Please...i want the cd gersploush from the last episode which sound like crap....please.It was amazing!!!!!!! why don't you put it in the downloads page at sounds???????
GancStar

Postby GancStar » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:17 pm

To busy with their musical to pump out decent episodes... SMDH

They should make a SP episode about have gay musicals are.
odinfire

Postby odinfire » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:33 pm

I keep thinking back to the episode when Chef wrote the song "Stinky Britches" and the record company tried to take it from him.

Is there a possibility of a slight tie in to that episode with the references to Randy's sh*tty britches? Maybe M&T are really angry that Comedy Central stepped in and had them censor 200 / 201.

It's time to move this show to a network like HBO or Showtime where they can have complete creative control.

If Trey is tired, maybe just hire a new writer to work with Matt for a while. The episode seems to suggest one wanting to stay with his friends and the other moving on.
nekozgirly

Postby nekozgirly » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:53 pm

I think this is the first episode that has made me sad on SP. I think it is their first to show true depths of feeling in it and reminds us all just how much we are connected to each character they have created. I, personally, believe that it will be an end to SP. I never have seen them go to much length to leave a cliff hanger with this much substance to it. MOstly it is just to piss us off..but never to this extent. Also, the title of the episode, kyle and eric begining a new start..Stan and his parents are too show that things are changing just as Matt and Trey are IRL. Things happen, we all get older, they are too. They have other projects now to explore and think that they rather go off on a great note then a sh*tty one with shows that don't know when to stop. (Ya Simpsons..) I think it was probably one of the best episodes yet.
nekozgirly

Postby nekozgirly » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:22 pm

And to go deeper into the meaning of each thing

Tween music= represents all the crap they have to write about each week as in curent news and trends.

Stan= South Park as a whole..how things started to look like sh*t as SP got older...

Randy and Sharon= Both Trey and Matt..realizing that its the same sh*t weekly, that they are just not having fun any longer so decided to "Divorce" the show.

Kyle and Eric= Matt and Trey realizing the new possiblities and unlikely things that may happen in their careers and what they probably thought they would never do (Book of Mormon etc)

that is just my thoughts.
cynthia325

Postby cynthia325 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:35 pm

GancStar wrote:To busy with their musical to pump out decent episodes... SMDH

They should make a SP episode about have gay musicals are.

I should just be the bigger person and ignore you, but I won't.
Obviously you are not a fan of Trey are you? He loves musicals and it was his dream to make a musical for Broadway. He finally did it! 7 long years of production! Hey a little secret for you, buddy *whispers in your ear* The South Park movie was a musical shhh don't tell anybody. :assface:
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:41 pm

We've already gathered the meaning behind the episode from everyone, with Kyle and Cartman's newfound friendship, Sharon and Randy arguing and divorcing, and the family moving somewhere else.

Personally, I'm going to take a lesson from the episode "The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs". I will not look for a meaning. Not everything has a meaning or subliminal message. Maybe Matt and Trey were trying to send us a message, but knowing them and how they work, it's pretty likely they're just trying to make you think that's what they're doing instead.

So, I'd like to take this whole thing lightly. After all, I'm just following the message they sent me last season. Hypocritical, isn't it?
cynthia325

Postby cynthia325 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:46 pm

Niels0827 wrote:We've already gathered the meaning behind the episode from everyone, with Kyle and Cartman's newfound friendship, Sharon and Randy arguing and divorcing, and the family moving somewhere else.

Personally, I'm going to take a lesson from the episode "The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs". I will not look for a meaning. Not everything has a meaning or subliminal message. Maybe Matt and Trey were trying to send us a message, but knowing them and how they work, it's pretty likely they're just trying to make you think that's what they're doing instead.

So, I'd like to take this whole thing lightly. After all, I'm just following the message they sent me last season. Hypocritical, isn't it?

LOL good point! I love your way of thinking =)
meatfolly

Postby meatfolly » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:00 pm

I NEVER thought I would relate so sublimely and entirely to an episode of South Park but, there it is in "You're Getting Old." Problem is that I AM old now but felt like Stan since I was 10, too. Thank you Matt, Trey and whoever else contributed to the story; you've added a layer of completion to my life.
Metalhaid

Postby Metalhaid » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:07 pm

Niels0827 wrote:We've already gathered the meaning behind the episode from everyone, with Kyle and Cartman's newfound friendship, Sharon and Randy arguing and divorcing, and the family moving somewhere else.

LOL long time lurker, first time posting. I like what you had to say. Someone else said this episode was heavy. My thought exactly-but I will wait for the second half to decide whether I like it or not. May have to watch it over and over to decide. That's what I love about SP-the fact that the show is so weird you can see the same episode 50x and get something different each time. Next show will definitely be intriguing.
TheTourist

Postby TheTourist » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:39 pm

Im a little worried that this means the beginning of the end of South Park. Oh noes
i_killed_kenny_87

Postby i_killed_kenny_87 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:49 pm

Looks like Trey and Matt are finally getting tired.. This may be the last season. Well congrats guys you gained many fans through all your hard work and I'll be sad to see it go. I actually went to South Park City in Colorado haha a ghost town who would have thought.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”