*1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

NeuroHeart

Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Postby NeuroHeart » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:24 am

cynthia325 wrote:I doubt they will take time off. Well from what I've seen of them I think Trey would be the one to work every day for the rest of his life. Matt will probably want time to be at home and spend free time with his wife and son.

I was thinking the same thing, actually. I think Trey just has to be doing something, he's got a lot of energy to burn. But, doing something doesn't necessarily mean it's not time off. I was very interested to see in the interview that was posted that Trey designs houses. And has his designs built. As a hobby. I mean, that is one heckuva hobby. So maybe he'd do that. Or write an album. Or just, whatever, you know? Matt's got a little baby, though, so he might have good reason to take some time off.
CartmansWhore wrote:Double posting all the way...so intense!

zzyzx 1 wrote:Or, it may never be released to syndication. What do you guys think?

It will never be released to syndication, much like ''The Death Camp of Tolerance.'' They just couldn't deal with Lemmiwinks...
Or maybe they'll put those big black screens up, saying the scene has been blocked for our protection, a la ''Red Hot Catholic Love.''

Evidence of divorce? Not sure, but it did look to me like Stan was in the backyard of a duplex (the house has a double line running down the middle of it) so I figured they'd moved to a smaller, cheaper space to make up for the missing paycheck. I know when my parents split, they both got apartments. A town house or duplex would likewise be cheaper than an entire home. I guess it's technically possible that they didn't split, but a move prefaced with "You seem kind of sh*tty to me" seems to indicate more than just wanting a change of scenery.

...I feel like there was something else I wanted to reply to, but I can't remember now. Long thread is long.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:28 am

I'm just writing this post to make this thread even longer.
Adan1992

Postby Adan1992 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:31 am

MysteriousMysterion wrote:If I could say You guys are all relatively retarded for thinking this is the end of south park, since matt and trey would never do it like this anyway, without getting a million flames, I'd be sooooo happy :craig:

I think most of us, at least myself anyway, don't absolutely think this is the end, while I do feel it would be best if it was, the provoking, the testing of Comedy Central, and just how epic and perfect this recent episode was, it sure is hard to think otherwise.
I don't want South Park to end because I hate it, I'm sure we can all attest to this, I want it to end because I love it, they do not need to beat the dead horse and go over it with a steamroller, its done, time to go.
Jordan Johnson Studios (my website) Click now and enjoy!
Find me on Twitter: @jwjstudios
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:48 am

Niels0827 wrote:I'm just writing this post to make this thread even longer.

I'm replying to this post for the same reason, though I've removed a few posts. Quite the paradox. :)
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:11 am

plana arium wrote:i will jump off the empire state building if this is the last season if so i have no motivation or a reason to live

I'll be monitoring news reports if you do this. I'm evil like that :twisted:
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
halo bender

Postby halo bender » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:40 am

I definitely don't have the time to read all of the replies, and I'm probably too old and tired to reply in length.

However, this was my favorite episode in a very long time. Stan and Kyle have been growing apart for a while, and Kyle has been siding, agreeing with and behaving more friendly toward Cartman for a while.

This certainly looks to be the end of the series this season and, while that would be extremely disheartening and huge, I would like to see them go out on their own terms.

I kind of feel as though the "You just seem sh*tty to me," and "you kinda seem sh*tty to me, too" exchange goes between the fans and vice versa. We probably do seem kind of sh*tty to them nowadays. Half the replies on the forums are probably "this was the gayest episode I've ever seen" type of replies.

Anyway, I hope that they stick with the changes that they've made and work it into a strong finishing arc. I hope that the boys don't try to find some "cure" for Stan's cynicism ... that's not how life is. People change, your friends get pissed at how you've become and y'all stop hanging out. Not all of the time, and clearly Matt and Trey have had a pretty long term friendship (maybe they seem sh*tty to one another now, too?), but I've seen it a million times, it's happened to me enough ... We'll see where it goes.
Brendle

Postby Brendle » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:30 am

People, please don't deny that Randy and Sharon are at least separating.

1. Randy is driving alone in his van.

2. Sharon is alone with Stan unpacking in the room.

3. Randy has the typical "sit-down-with-child" conversation to explain the situation

4. Randy and Sharon told each other "you're kind of sh*tty now."
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
Barack_Obama

Postby Barack_Obama » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:13 am

God, that song really was fitting. Crazy. I'm just now realizing just HOW good it was for this episode and the context.

And Kyle and Cartman smiling at each other is..... odd. Will Cartman "grow up" in the last 7 episodes?
I have been here since January 2005 with another name. I have seniority. (.__. )

Plants stuff their pollen everywhere, all those kids who get allergies because of pollen have plant sperm in their lungs. Flowers deep throat kids :I

- Unassumption
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:22 am

Barack_Obama wrote:And Kyle and Cartman smiling at each other is..... odd. Will Cartman "grow up" in the last 7 episodes?

Seven episodes isn't enough time for Cartman to grow up.
Barack_Obama

Postby Barack_Obama » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:24 am

Niels0827 wrote:
Barack_Obama wrote:And Kyle and Cartman smiling at each other is..... odd. Will Cartman "grow up" in the last 7 episodes?

Seven episodes isn't enough time for Cartman to grow up.

Hell, not even 7 seasons, huh?
I have been here since January 2005 with another name. I have seniority. (.__. )

Plants stuff their pollen everywhere, all those kids who get allergies because of pollen have plant sperm in their lungs. Flowers deep throat kids :I

- Unassumption
LionLightStar

*1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Postby LionLightStar » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:18 pm

Nice Episode
trikkk

Postby trikkk » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:15 pm

Seen the ep and I was really depressed. If all that was an allegory for what SP means to Parker and Stone at the moment, it sure is a sh*tty way of telling it to us. I hope they can understand what the series means to every devoted fan and not screw it with a terrible finale.
SP, as a show has been more than a comedy, it has been a social and cultural phenomenon, a large scale philosophical satyre. I am one of the fans that didn't mind the supposedly "bad" 14 season. Many viewers also claim that SP has never been how it used to be up until its 5th or 6th season, and has been falling -in terms of quality and self established humor scale- ever since.
This particular episode was an answer to all of these, but I would like (as anyone of us) for the show to go on.

-Just a SP fan who just made an account only to post this message
gregory emokid

sh*tting

Postby gregory emokid » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:54 pm

hahahaah duck sh*tting outta mouth
CartmansWhore

Postby CartmansWhore » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:26 pm

He's going to corrupt Kyle and turn him into Cartman part 2!!! :? It's going to be heartbreaking to see my favorite character become a douche....I hope not
“The basis of all reasoning is the mind's awareness of itself. What we think, the external objects we perceive, are all like actors that come on and off stage. But our consciousness, the stage itself, is always present to us,” Trey Parker
manbearpig1511

Postby manbearpig1511 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:57 pm

South Park is my favourite show ever and although most of the newer episodes haven't been great I'm devastated that soon there might be no more new episodes to look forward to. I would love another movie to end it but I'm worried that it would be impossible to top Bigger Longer and Uncut. Randy and Sharons conversation was such a great way of describing what South Park has been like lately, it was such a Matt and Trey thing to do and I loved it. Some of the newer episodes have actually been really good though, I loved the Coon and Friends episodes, Medicinal Fried Chicken, Insheeption, Scrotie McBoogerballs and Royal pudding. Comedy Central suck for bleeping so much out in 200 and 201 because if they left it they could have been great episodes, they even bleeped the commentary!

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”