*1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

kuronin

Postby kuronin » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:00 pm

ooh this is serious. is he gonna try and look BEHIND all the sh*t like plato or just piss on senators like diogenes?
kuronin

Postby kuronin » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:03 pm

who am i kidding? of course not, hes gonna be Straightened Out by Decent American Platitudes TM.
TrollCapAmerica

Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Postby TrollCapAmerica » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:05 pm

I dunno if anyone actually reads this considering how widely spread out all the posts are and how long the thread is but damn this episode really hit home.It once again proves me to that M & T are geniuses working on a level way above the rest of us.Theres so much going on in this its hard to even quantify.Im still gonna try and fail at it though so bear with me

Ive been that cynical guy that cant enjoy anything happening around me and ive seen my friends evolve into that guy at the same time.Its hard to fault that kind of mentality when you see the guy that did the Truman Show and the Majestic have to pay his taxes by doing a movie with screaming farting CGI penguins.Stan certainly isnt wrong for seeing all this stuff as crap and I bet alot of the viewers think the same way but how many millions is that load going to make in profit while I struggle finding a Team America DVD?Even when I think of SPs success I have to remember that it gets 2-3 million viewers an episode while any random cop/doctor/lawyer show on network TV gets alot more with stock formulaic garbage

I certainly understand if these guys are getting tired after 15 years of excellence usually with the pressure of a hectic schedule.I could imagine its hard to relate to whatever is set to replace the XBOX360 if you still have PSX games you havent finished playing through and then having to make jokes about it to keep relevant.I will however say that to us in the audience that they have never failed to remain just that.They are every bit as witty intelligent and insightful as they were when they made fun of people protecting the rainforest as a fashion statement to having Cartman fiend over GTA:Chinatown wars.

Its going to be a pretty sad day when they hang it up especially because their even handed satire really helped put the world into perspective.Nobody is or even CAN do that nowadays

10/10 on this episode/Wish I could rate higher
Last edited by TrollCapAmerica on Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
manbearpig1511

Postby manbearpig1511 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:06 pm

South Park is my favourite show ever and although most of the newer episodes haven't been great I'm devastated that soon there might be no more new episodes to look forward to. I would love another movie to end it but I'm worried that it would be impossible to top Bigger Longer and Uncut. Randy and Sharons conversation was such a great way of describing what South Park has been like lately, it was such a Matt and Trey thing to do and I loved it. Some of the newer episodes have actually been really good though, I loved the Coon and Friends episodes, Medicinal Fried Chicken, Insheeption, Scrotie McBoogerballs and Royal pudding. Comedy Central suck for bleeping so much out in 200 and 201 because if they left it they could have been great episodes, they even bleeped the commentary!
Reiska

Re: sh*tting

Postby Reiska » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:14 pm

gregory emokid wrote:hahahaah duck sh*tting outta mouth

Thats what O'Bama does best.
" They must find it difficult...

Those who have taken authority as the truth rather than truth as the authority. "
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:15 pm

NeuroHeart wrote:Evidence of divorce? Not sure, but it did look to me like Stan was in the backyard of a duplex (the house has a double line running down the middle of it) so I figured they'd moved to a smaller, cheaper space to make up for the missing paycheck. I know when my parents split, they both got apartments. A town house or duplex would likewise be cheaper than an entire home. I guess it's technically possible that they didn't split, but a move prefaced with "You seem kind of sh*tty to me" seems to indicate more than just wanting a change of scenery.

Yes, I agree that Stan appeared to be in the backyard of a duplex with the double line running down the middle of it. " . . . so I figured . . . moved to a smaller, chaper space. . . " <==== Yes, I agree it's a smaller cheaper space.

However, I still think the brilliance of Matt and Trey is that they are leading us down a garden path, throwing us a red hearing, in order for M&T to have complete freedom in how they plan to create the rest of the season (if any) or the rest of the run of the series (if any). Everything you said makes sense; but until we see hard evidence of a divorce or separation, it appears to me that Randy was alone in the U-Haul although we don't know why. It is just as plausible that Sharon was driving the Marsh family car, they (all the Marsh's) live in the new duplex, and saving money by downsizing the house to change their everyday lives after living in the bigger house (having enough of that shιt of the bigger house). I see M&T can go in any direction, something that we won't be expecting yet consistent with "You're Getting Old."

I mean, in Season 2, Dr. Mephesto did say Eric's father was in the room. Who knew that in Season 14 we would learn the father was Jack Tenorman? Yet this solution to Eric's Dad was consistent with the Season 2 episode. Here, whatever M&T write in the future (unless we just saw the final episode), it will be consistent with "You're Getting Old" including a no divorce scenario.

Brendle wrote:People, please don't deny that Randy and Sharon are at least separating.

1. Randy is driving alone in his van.

2. Sharon is alone with Stan unpacking in the room.

3. Randy has the typical "sit-down-with-child" conversation to explain the situation

4. Randy and Sharon told each other "you're kind of sh*tty now."

I am denying that Randy and Sharon are at least separating. I will accept the premise that this is one direction M&T can go with in the next episode (if there is one); I also accept that Randy and Sharon are not separating or divorcing which is still another of the infinite plot lines M&T can go with.

So? The whole family doesn't have to be in the moving van.

So? Shelly, Grandpa, and Randy can be in other rooms of the house. Randy could be at work.

3. Randy has the typical "sit-down-with-child" conversation to explain the situation

Explain what situation? From the first scenes at Whistlin' Willie's, where Sharon didn't what Stan to hear the Tween Wave music, everything was referred to as crap, including the ending scenes; one of which was a "typical 'sit-down-with-child' converstion." It could have merely be explaining why the family is moving having had enough of the bigger house; "tired of this crap."

This could also mean that the conversation doesn't refer to Sharon and Randy's marriage. Only the next episode(s) and/or season(s) will tell - maybe :wink:

Again, the entire episode was about shιt/crap; as Officer Barbrady would say:

Officer Barbrady wrote:Nothing to see here; move along, move along.

M&T are free to go in any direction in the next episode/season without sticking to any perceived limitation of a divorce or separation of Sharon and Randy Marsh :)

TrollCapAmerica wrote: I dunno if anyone actually reads this considering how widely spread out all the posts are and how long the thread is. . . .

Don't worry. I for one has read EVERY post in this thread. And many, many other have as well.
Niels0827

Re: sh*tting

Postby Niels0827 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:05 pm

Reiska wrote:
gregory emokid wrote:hahahaah duck sh*tting outta mouth

Thats what O'Bama does best.

This thread.

It's not for your idiotic and archaic political beliefs to be spewed in.

Postby 203177 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:31 pm

i thought randy was saying ca ca but he wasn't damn! :lol:
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
Batosaims

Re: really???

Postby Batosaims » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:21 pm

pellegrd wrote:am i the only one that sees this? this show is over, theres no way its going to live to see a season 16...i said it right after comedy central pissed them off by censoring those 200, 201 episodes, and this seams to be one of the worst over all seasons-so far. I LOVE south park, and as awful life is going to be without it, it seems as if its over. RIP South Park.
You do realize that they're contracted until season 17 2013 right?
NeuroHeart

Postby NeuroHeart » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:38 pm

Batosaims wrote:
pellegrd wrote:am i the only one that sees this? this show is over, theres no way its going to live to see a season 16...i said it right after comedy central pissed them off by censoring those 200, 201 episodes, and this seams to be one of the worst over all seasons-so far. I LOVE south park, and as awful life is going to be without it, it seems as if its over. RIP South Park.
You do realize that they're contracted until season 17 2013 right?

You do realize it's 0% confirmed they've signed that contract, right?
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:45 pm

Batosaims wrote:You do realize that they're contracted until season 17 2013 right?

I've sort of been trying to get nall to get some definitive answer to that, but nall has to wait on Matt and Trey to say something, and they're keeping mum. As of now, consider this year to be the final year for the show.

nall wrote:What goes up there is up to Matt and Trey. I'm sure when they want to publicly state their intentions, it will be there. Until then, it's all speculation based on other sources, which are sometimes right. And sometimes are not.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
dusty506

Postby dusty506 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:59 pm

i cant keep up with this thread lol... ive been reading since this episode aired and it just keeps going lol...

i keep thinking about this by the way and more and more i believe this isnt the end....
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:05 pm

zzyzx 1 wrote:
Brendle wrote:People, please don't deny that Randy and Sharon are at least separating.

I am denying that Randy and Sharon are at least separating. I will accept the premise that this is one direction M&T can go with in the next episode (if there is one); I also accept that Randy and Sharon are not separating or divorcing which is still another of the infinite plot lines M&T can go with.

So? The whole family doesn't have to be in the moving van.

So? Shelly, Grandpa, and Randy can be in other rooms of the house. Randy could be at work.

Explain what situation? From the first scenes at Whistlin' Willie's, where Sharon didn't what Stan to hear the Tween Wave music, everything was referred to as crap, including the ending scenes; one of which was a "typical 'sit-down-with-child' converstion." It could have merely be explaining why the family is moving having had enough of the bigger house; "tired of this crap."

This could also mean that the conversation doesn't refer to Sharon and Randy's marriage. Only the next episode(s) and/or season(s) will tell - maybe :wink:

Again, the entire episode was about shιt/crap; as Officer Barbrady would say:

Officer Barbrady wrote:Nothing to see here; move along, move along.

M&T are free to go in any direction in the next episode/season without sticking to any perceived limitation of a divorce or separation of Sharon and Randy Marsh :)

TrollCapAmerica wrote: I dunno if anyone actually reads this considering how widely spread out all the posts are and how long the thread is. . . .

Don't worry. I for one has read EVERY post in this thread. And many, many other have as well.

I am affirming that Randy and Sharon are at least separating.

Sharon: I can't fake it anymore. You just seem kind of sh*tty to me.
Randy: You kind of seem sh*tty to me too.
Sharon: People get older, Randy. People grow apart.

After those lines, I find it unlikely that the whole family just packs up and moves to a new place as if nothing happened between the parents. No, one partner or the other leaves, because staying together despite growing apart is extremely uncomfortable. Nothing changes except the setting...

Sharon: Every week it's kind of the same story in a different way (different setting, in this case).

Why would Sharon keep faking it after she just said she can't anymore?

Of course, there are the scenarios for the fall

1. The episodes just go back to the formula Sharon and Randy are unhappy with and we've all been trolled by Matt and Trey.

2. Some serious storytelling can take place and Stan's world is changed forever. Randy and Sharon may reconcile, or Randy could take a new partner and divorce Sharon. Stan may spend another episode or two being cynical and sorting his internal changes out. That's the stuff I'm looking forward to.

3, 4, 5, etc. - place your bets here.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
ExoticMango

Postby ExoticMango » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:10 pm

This episode was pretty sad. The ending montage.. that literally made me cry. I've watched that episode three times now and I've cried every time. I think the part that gets to me the most is when stan is sitting on the bench, kyle comes, hesitates, and walks away. That's when I start to cry.

I really hope Stan isn't gone. I really really hope he isnt. Southpark wouldn't be the same. Stan is one of the main characters. I don't want Stan to leave.

Kyle and Cartman are friends? I really hope not. After years and years of them arguing and hating eachother, it'll just seem strange for them to be nice to eachother. I like them better as enemys, and I hope that they'll stay that way. And I hope Stan and Kyle are still friends.

I might be being a little too overdramatic, and maybe it's all a joke or something. That's what I'm hoping.

You know, I was thinking that maybe Stan's family did move, but they actually only moved to a different house, not a different town. Like they moved to a new house in Southpark. Does that seem like something Matt and Trey would do? Get us thinking Stan and his family left, but they actually only moved houses? I don't know.

Anyways, other than it being really sad, it was fairly good. 9/10.
Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:11 pm

I'm hoping for #2 there. Real story development. I drool.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”