*1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Big-Will » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:19 pm

ExoticMango wrote:This episode was pretty sad. The ending montage.. that literally made me cry. I've watched that episode three times now and I've cried every time. I think the part that gets to me the most is when stan is sitting on the bench, kyle comes, hesitates, and walks away. That's when I start to cry.

I really hope Stan isn't gone. I really really hope he isnt. Southpark wouldn't be the same. Stan is one of the main characters. I don't want Stan to leave.

Kyle and Cartman are friends? I really hope not. After years and years of them arguing and hating eachother, it'll just seem strange for them to be nice to eachother. I like them better as enemys, and I hope that they'll stay that way. And I hope Stan and Kyle are still friends.

I might be being a little too overdramatic, and maybe it's all a joke or something. That's what I'm hoping.

You know, I was thinking that maybe Stan's family did move, but they actually only moved to a different house, not a different town. Like they moved to a new house in Southpark. Does that seem like something Matt and Trey would do? Get us thinking Stan and his family left, but they actually only moved houses? I don't know.

Anyways, other than it being really sad, it was fairly good. 9/10.

Sharon, Stan, and Shelley might be in Token's neighborhood now. :) The final shot of Stan and the duck shows him still in South Park, after all. Randy might have moved into an apartment of his own, or into a tiny house, still in South Park.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
halliconsun

Change

Postby halliconsun » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:36 pm

All this discussion .. fears, assumptions, calming..

Listen to the song at the end:
Are you afraid of change?
onebelo123

Postby onebelo123 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:45 pm

funny how everyone thinks the shows ending because my first reaction was that matt and trey were saying they know the show has gone crap and theyre frustrated with it too, but times change and people change (new audience)

i took it as a goodbye to the long term fans because we're just hanging in hoping for the old times but atm all the episodes are just sh*tty, and because we just complain about the new episodes and cant accept the show has changed we too just seem sh*tty to matt and trey

personally i loved this because they were acknowledging the relationship between the fans and how it is. i would be happy if there was no more episodes from here because that was a really sincere and honest ending but i thought they were saying the show will continue with its current style and its time for the long term fans who arent happy with the show to finally move on
LuciferDavid

AHHH!!!!!

Postby LuciferDavid » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:19 pm

What's happening to music now..?! *Cries in the corner..*

...And I don't think Stan is going to stay this way...
halliconsun

Change

Postby halliconsun » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:23 pm

the show will continue with its current style and its time for the long term fans who arent happy with the show to finally move on

my thoughts.. the change bases on the new style of the show which indeed seems.. sh*tty to me and maybe to long term fans.
If you liked the show how it used to be you can either be Randy or Sharon, pretend to like it or move on and stop watching what you don't enjoy.

If you like it the way it is enjoy yourself.

and there allways comes a time to end things. if possible befor they become sh*tty to everyone
eltrut

Postby eltrut » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:26 pm

It's ironic how this episode hit home with me. Trey must see the world like I do sometimes. Everything is sh!t, so why go on?

And maybe he's tired of all the typical douchebags who criticize South Park. "OH, I liked South Park when it was funny"..."South Park hasn't been good since the 6th season"...."Blah blah Effin' Blah". There's always these typical douchebags for every TV series or musical group out there. "Metallica sucked ever since Cliff Burton died!".....These douchey a$$holes need to STFU and stop trying to be 'hip'.

Anyways...I hope this isn't the end to my favorite show of all time, but if it is, THANK YOU, MATT & TREY! You guys created the best show that ever aired and you made me laugh for many many years!
djezc

Postby djezc » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:27 pm

Am i the only one that feels like Stan here?
.. music now days , movies are sh**

except for south park and a few other animated "adult tv shows" i dont care for what else is out there these days ... maybe i am getting old ...

Cartmen and Kyle being friends is STRANGE to say the least

cant wait till the next Ep.
JCBGOAL

Postby JCBGOAL » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:39 am

ugh 1st kyle moves and comes bak wen wil stan come bak
MysteriousMysterion

Postby MysteriousMysterion » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:18 am

[link]

The threads are all "thru season 17" because before they renewed their contract it was all "thru season 15" but obviously, its not anymore so there you go...

Amirite? the board people wouldnt put up "thru season17" unless they were SURE correct?
Meskilstuna

Postby Meskilstuna » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:25 am

I'm actually hoping for some permanent changes - status quo is only fun a couple of years and they've did mayor changes before.

Eric's personality was moronic and pubertal in season 1 - 3. He wasn't as evil as now, and not as smart.

Kenny stopped dying.

They went from 3rd grade to 4th.

I've been waiting for 5th grade for a while now :)
Let's make epic changes and keep the show fresh.
Giant_Isopod

Postby Giant_Isopod » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:54 am

This episode was... interesting. It’s interesting because at first I thought the episode was quite funny and laughed quite a few times; then came the turning point after which I felt really sad. It’s also interesting because I’m not completely sure what to make of it.

My initial interpretation after the dialog between Randy and Sharon was that Trey is sick of doing the same thing over and over again and can’t fake “it” anymore because he has moved on. This made sense to me because I felt that the show had been going downhill since about season 13, and my impression was that the episodes were getting more and more uninspired (though, I gotta say, Season 15 had a couple of pretty good ones, definitely a step upward from Season 14 imo) which had eventually led me to the conclusion that this will probaby be the final season anyway.

But on the other hand, the whole episode was about how people complain a lot about things which they originally liked, just because they themselves have changed without noticing. So it could also be a message to the fans who have been bashing the last seasons.

Then again, all the stuff that Stan thought was sh*tty, was actually depicted as being sh*tty, so this could also mean, that they agree with those fans that the show really is becoming “shittier”. Also, remember that Stan “is” Trey Parker. So if Stan thinks something is sh*tty, that could indicate that Trey also thinks it’s sh*tty.

But they may also just be saying that they and their fan base have drifted apart (like Randy and Sharon), and they are unhappy because the fans just want the same sh*t over and over again, but the writers (Trey) have moved on.

As I already said in the beginning, I’m really not sure what to make of this yet. My final interpretation will depend heavily on how and if the show will continue. Will “everything just reset and start over again“? Or will they pull through with this?

Personally, I would like to see them pull through, just to see what will happen. It’d also be a huge FU to the people who fear change.
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:08 am

I would find it hilarious if indeed, Sharon and Randy are still together, they just decided to move to a new house lol. That would be a good way to f*ck with the fans. Show Randy talking to Stan, the house up for sale, him driving alone in the U-haul, Sharon and Stan together in the new master... only to see that the family are simply in a new home! :lol: But I highly doubt it. After the fight/convo they had, no way would Sharon and Randy be together.

But since I was so bored the past 2 nights I drew up the basic floorplan for Sharon's new house. It's a cute 3 bedroom 3 bath home plus office. It is a very nice house to start a new life :)

Also- I do find it interesting that this had to be the only eppy in which Sharon and Randy were constantly arguing. From the get-go it was nonstop putting each other down. And it's kinda sad how unhappy Randy is. He would rather pretend to like sh*tty music instead of just admitting to Sharon she was right. I love the line: Do you mind cleaning out the garage like I asked you to?! Really shows just how fed up Sharon is with him...

ahh, so many things to say about this episode. :roll:
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
CartmansWhore

Postby CartmansWhore » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:21 am

Everyone's saying the seasons have been sh*t, I actually think it's been getting better imo
“The basis of all reasoning is the mind's awareness of itself. What we think, the external objects we perceive, are all like actors that come on and off stage. But our consciousness, the stage itself, is always present to us,” Trey Parker
cynthia325

Postby cynthia325 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:30 am

CartmansWhore wrote:Everyone's saying the seasons have been sh*t, I actually think it's been getting better imo

I know. I don't know what people are talking about. I think it's wonderful (as per usual) IMO =)
CartmansWhore

Postby CartmansWhore » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:44 am

yup
“The basis of all reasoning is the mind's awareness of itself. What we think, the external objects we perceive, are all like actors that come on and off stage. But our consciousness, the stage itself, is always present to us,” Trey Parker

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”