*1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

NeuroHeart

Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Postby NeuroHeart » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:50 am

JCBGOAL wrote:ugh 1st kyle moves and comes bak wen wil stan come bak

Perhaps he will come back when all the little girls and boys of the world learn proper grammar, and use it as intended.
MysteriousMysterion wrote:the board people wouldnt put up "thru season17" unless they were SURE correct?

...You're so cute, I could just put you in my pocket. *pat pat* Yes, of course dear, no one ever does anything unless they're SURE about it.
CartmansWhore wrote:Everyone's saying the seasons have been sh*t, I actually think it's been getting better

I concur. Fourteen was probably my favorite season in terms of how many episodes in it I can just watch over and over and love more every time. All seasons have episodes like that, but season fourteen has quite the volume of them.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Barack_Obama

Re: sh*tting

Postby Barack_Obama » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:53 am

Reiska wrote:
gregory emokid wrote:hahahaah duck sh*tting outta mouth

Thats what O'Bama does best.

Excuse me?

And Alex Jones and the Truthers don't?
I have been here since January 2005 with another name. I have seniority. (.__. )

Plants stuff their pollen everywhere, all those kids who get allergies because of pollen have plant sperm in their lungs. Flowers deep throat kids :I

- Unassumption
Brendle

Postby Brendle » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:58 am

Maybe Trey's trying to tell us that South Park hasn't changed at all: the fans have. That's why they think it's "sh*tty" now.

Or he just doesn't know. "I don't know if you've changed or I've changed."
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
Perfumecandy

Postby Perfumecandy » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:13 am

Brendle wrote:Maybe Trey's trying to tell us that South Park hasn't changed at all: the fans have. That's why they think it's "sh*tty" now.

Or he just doesn't know. "I don't know if you've changed or I've changed."

Yeah, we the fans has changed and the show itself.
I'm a ultimate fan of Stan Marsh/Eric Cartman
I support StanxCartman ~~~
rickcharming

Postby rickcharming » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:52 am

I've been an avid watcher of SP since the first season. This episode has a lot of meat lurking under the surface and, after multiple viewings, find myself very depressed. To see Stan falling into a dark place is his head is truly rattling to me as 90% of the time I feel exactly the same way. I don't know where M&T are going to take us in October but I do fear that the end is near. The fact that an episode laden with the word "sh*t" in it can have such an emotional pull on me only attests again to the genius of the creators.
MONGORIANTROJANHORSE

Postby MONGORIANTROJANHORSE » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:07 am

This was somewhat of a sad episode but I'm sure the next half of this season is going to end up great.

I just hope they don't remove Randy or Stan, that would really suck. Sharon doesn't matter as much.
Kthulhu420

What the f*ck guys?

Postby Kthulhu420 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:47 am

Whats with all the downers in the room... Not only talking about the end but then having the sheer audacity to tell Matt and Trey its time to quit? Who the f*ck do you think you are. Ive watched southpark since I was too damn young to know what "Anal" or "probe" meant, just like 90% of you and yuh wanna know something? Ive faithfully watched every single episode since then and ENJOYED THEM...

I've never said "this season sucks" I laugh at the jokes or enjoy the brilliant and edgy storytelling as well as the cultural satire woven into each episode. To be honest man, alot of you are being dicks to Matt and Trey, try some empathy and tell me how your posts feel. Personally I DONT want southpark to end... ever. If it was my perfect world, southpark would go forever, but if Matt and Trey decide that the ride is over, I'll accept that, I certainly wouldnt be happy about it, but I'll respect their decision. And it is THEIR decision.

Another thing, Matt and Trey (or Trey and Matt) are incredibly smart, this episode and break could be to test the fans for loyalty to see if the work is even worth their fan base. Some of you are going down with the ship kicking and screaming and some of you are flushing it like a fresh turd down the toilet. And I wouldn't put it past them to create fake accounts and explain themselves in the third person or at the very least read some of these forum posts, especially considering how much of a bombshell they just dropped on their fans.
MultiPheebs

Postby MultiPheebs » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:11 am

The ending is pretty depressing...
BloodyWind

Postby BloodyWind » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:11 pm

I guess we all know it will end someday, I just really wish they wouldn't end half seasons or seasons in general on down notes. If south park were going to have a running theme from beginning to end, I would say that it would be that you can't take life so seriously. As someone who's been watching south park since I was 9 years old, I feel like if South Park ended with this kind of hopeless message, It would be a little bit harsh. I don't think this is the case, and it probably is setting up for some changes.

Change can be good so lets be optimistic!
RoHaLoVeR

Postby RoHaLoVeR » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:31 pm

Well I watched this episode 5 times now to try and understand what it means ...

Only thing I'm sure about is that Matt and Trey are geniuses, I think they use South Park as a way to express their own opinion, and they're damn good at it too, just like we South Park fans need South Park, I think they need South Park too to keep expressing their feelings, so my initial feeling would be that they're not going to cancel the show.

I like all the South Park episodes, and just like every show, South Park has evolved in time, but every season is great (including this season), I don't understand why people complain that "seasons 14 and 15 are going downhill", "yesterday is history", you can't keep a show running for 15 seasons if every season is the same as season 1, times change, people change, habits change, the society changes, the world changes, you can't keep a show running on stuff that happened 15 years ago, and South Park is the most up-to-date show there is.

About this episode, they're right, as the years proceed, people do get older and may grow apart, I'm 22 now, I lost some friends and I met new friends through the years, but there are also a few friends which I have known for a long time (10-20 years) and our relationship keeps getting stronger every year.

Though I am worrying about the conversation Randy and Sharon had, especially because they said "every week the same sh*t happens again", that "every week" could refer to the new South Park episodes, so I truly hope they don't end the show after this season as South Park is still an awesome show, but it's their decision ...

PS: I just registered on these forums and for the first time ever, I actually read the terms of agreement ^_^
cynthia325

Re: really???

Postby cynthia325 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:42 pm

Big-Will wrote:
Batosaims wrote:You do realize that they're contracted until season 17 2013 right?

I've sort of been trying to get nall to get some definitive answer to that, but nall has to wait on Matt and Trey to say something, and they're keeping mum. As of now, consider this year to be the final year for the show.

nall wrote:What goes up there is up to Matt and Trey. I'm sure when they want to publicly state their intentions, it will be there. Until then, it's all speculation based on other sources, which are sometimes right. And sometimes are not.
I was checking out a Trey Parker fan page on FaceBook and someone left a post on his page saying that their cousin who works at SPS said the show is not ending and there will be a next season:

Person A: Just spoke 2 my cousin who works on SP...congrats on the 9 wins for The Book of Mormon...can't wait til next year when u guys bring it 2 L.A.
Person B: is sp over or on it's way out?
Person A: No...trey & matt have been busy on The Book of Mormon so it was kinda lapse this year but accordin 2 my family who work there its on & crackin next year

I don't trust here-say, but I firgured I would let you know there is a rumor from a possible direct SPS source.
joo34

Postby joo34 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:54 pm

:stanpuke: yeah stan is still in the same school at the 20.38 minute is a fat crap in the backgrund this is cartman of course :)
dusty506

Postby dusty506 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:13 pm

on a less serious note.. when sharon and randy are talking about stan's music in the beginning randy talks like the one thing from imaginationland when hes mocking an old guy.
alanamaslowx3

Postby alanamaslowx3 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:59 pm

This episode set itself up for change , and it's gunna be good , even though it wont be the same , it will be refreshing , and hopefully they'll like how it ends up and renew the contract for another season or two
jackhonda

wao

Postby jackhonda » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:05 pm

we will have to wait oct to know what happens

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”