*1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Pip Tweek

Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Pip Tweek » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:22 am

You know, all this talk about the future of SP has got me wondering...is season 15 going to b- aaaaah, you thought I was gonna go there! :D
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:11 am

Regarding the future of the show, I'd like to add to the speculation. While browsing eBay a couple days ago, I noticed DVD sets of each season, coming from at least two different sellers, in which the box art was very different from the authentic DVD box sets released by Comedy Central, and it also appeared that the boxes themselves were much thinner.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 14stw%253D

Now, I would have assumed these were bootlegs right away, and something still tells me that they are. However, when I went to a local music store a few hours ago, I noticed, among the actual, authentic DVD box sets released by Comedy Central, was one of these "new" versions (Season 10). It had a copyright date of 2011.

I should note that I found these on eBay just two days ago, and they have all been removed since. I searched under "completed listings" and found that while these DVDs from one seller have all been sold, those from a different seller have been removed from eBay without being sold. Instead, it just states that "the item is no longer available".

My guess is they're very successful bootlegs, if one of them made their way into a store here (I believe that one was shrinkwrapped, but I can't really recall at the moment), and since it's highly suspicious that many were removed from eBay due to being "no longer available".

However, under the assumption that they're authentic, it can be worrying for some people that re-releases of the DVDs are taking place. What this can mean is that Comedy Central acknowledges the show will end after the current season, and is thus re-releasing the previous seasons simultaneously in preparation for the final season. Again, this is probably not true as I suspect they are indeed bootlegs, but I still can't say anything for sure.
Ex1lepr0

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:22 am

Niels0827 wrote:Regarding the future of the show, I'd like to add to the speculation. While browsing eBay a couple days ago, I noticed DVD sets of each season, coming from at least two different sellers, in which the box art was very different from the authentic DVD box sets released by Comedy Central, and it also appeared that the boxes themselves were much thinner.

Now, I would have assumed these were bootlegs right away, and something still tells me that they are. However, when I went to a local music store a few hours ago, I noticed, among the actual, authentic DVD box sets released by Comedy Central, was one of these "new" versions (Season 10). It had a copyright date of 2011.

I should note that I found these on eBay just two days ago, and they have all been removed since. I searched under "completed listings" and found that while these DVDs from one seller have all been sold, those from a different seller have been removed from eBay without being sold. Instead, it just states that "the item is no longer available".

My guess is they're very successful bootlegs, if one of them made their way into a store here (I believe that one was shrinkwrapped, but I can't really recall at the moment), and since it's highly suspicious that many were removed from eBay due to being "no longer available".

However, under the assumption that they're authentic, it can be worrying for some people that re-releases of the DVDs are taking place. What this can mean is that Comedy Central acknowledges the show will end after the current season, and is thus re-releasing the previous seasons simultaneously in preparation for the final season. Again, this is probably not true as I suspect they are indeed bootlegs, but I still can't say anything for sure.

Could be, could be. I'm of the opinion that M&T are at the top laughing at all these rumors and speculation, not because it's ridiculous, but because they know what's going to happen and we don't. We won't know for sure until October, so how about until then we all take a deepbreath and do what the guys on top are doing: relaxing and enjoying the Summer. What's wrong with that?
Can't we all just get along?
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:29 am

One of the sellers re-listed the DVD sets for all the seasons, however season 7 is missing, and there is yet to be one I can find for season 14.
NeuroHeart

Postby NeuroHeart » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:14 am

Niels, the DVD sets have all been re-released; it started a few months ago. FAQ.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:59 am

Damn. I missed my chance a few hundred pages ago...

Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:37 am

Niels0827 wrote:Regarding the future of the show, I'd like to add to the speculation. While browsing eBay a couple days ago, I noticed DVD sets of each season, coming from at least two different sellers, in which the box art was very different from the authentic DVD box sets released by Comedy Central, and it also appeared that the boxes themselves were much thinner.

Those links you posted have the new packaging, which I LOATHE. And yes, they are thinner - very much like the thinpacks anime comes in. Yes, they're authentic, but I want the old packaging back. :sad:
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Barack_Obama

Postby Barack_Obama » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:42 am

I win page 50.
I have been here since January 2005 with another name. I have seniority. (.__. )

Plants stuff their pollen everywhere, all those kids who get allergies because of pollen have plant sperm in their lungs. Flowers deep throat kids :I

- Unassumption
lauryl4062

Postby lauryl4062 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:43 am

I was just listening to the commentary for season 8, and during woodland critter christmas they were saying, "This is the season from hell. We did Team America and a whole season of South Park. Never again."
Apparently they forgot about that with their Mormon musical! Hopefully winning all those Tonys will rejuvinate them and they will come back fresh from their break, NOT writing random musical numbers. They can veg out and just consume media without thinking too hard, which is when they come up with the sweetest ideas. They've rebounded before, they will again!
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:45 am

Big-Will wrote:Those links you posted have the new packaging, which I LOATHE. And yes, they are thinner - very much like the thinpacks anime comes in. Yes, they're authentic, but I want the old packaging back. :sad:

I have not seen these at any of the Targets around here until about a half hour ago. Also, they only had season 13. I figured as much, but if this is new packaging, how are any of the other stores expected to carry the other twelve seasons? Obviously it doesn't seem that season 14 has this "new" packaging.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:24 am

Niels0827 wrote:I have not seen these at any of the Targets around here until about a half hour ago...

I actually saw them show up at Fry's before they did at Target. When the did, it was on this whole big display touting "special new Target exclusive pakaging" *bleh* Sure, the new cover art is okay, but I never really got a good look at the rest of it.
P.S. You remember how I said when Fry's got down to the last BRD copy of season 14 I'd get it? Well I hemmed and hawed about it, and now they don't have any left. :roll: Same thing goes with the TV I was going to buy. Just shows to go you; don't procrastinate on stuff kids!
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:31 am

I like thinpack DVDs only my spongebob collection uses it so far takes up so much less space on my shelf. Not sure how we got from the episode to this but since the rest of the forum is talking about the episode might as well =/
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
RichardV1150

Research! Research! Speculate! Criticize! Complain... Auhhhg

Postby RichardV1150 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:48 am

I do all of ^THAT^ up there constantly, it's fun really, I like to share ideas and from the looks at it you all do to. In my opinion this was the most beautifully crafted episode EVAR! But who am I right? A bunch of people hate on me because they think the ending was stupid and poopy like diarrhea. If you break down what they episode stands for, symbols, ideas, statements, the writers, everything makes sense. Then you have a million more questions to ask for all of those answers, bottom line, I'm still crazy, but I guess summer jobs and workouts should help me to forget. Instead of re-posting I'll just post a link to my research and thoughts, http://forums.southparkstudios.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=47967. You might not care now, but when October comes around I want to see how right I am, or terrifyingly wrong I am.

Now I'm not hungry for attention, but rather trying to help, I went super deep this time because I know how Matt and Trey are, they like to F with our minds like in "The Coon" and "The Coon Series", which again I researched and found out who Kenny's real ancestors are, they tell you the clue in the commentary.

So in my super deep research, still continuing today, I've looked for symbols, poetry, references, you might be able to help me, I also threw in a couple of predictions for sh*ts and giggles! Have fun, check it out, it's all an opinion, just not mixed with all of this other stuff, so I posted it outside of this thread. Happy and I hope you are too :)
South Park is amazing and anyone who doesn't think so should learn how to Respect My Authoritah! LOL South Park Rulez!
SlipKoRnsTein

Postby SlipKoRnsTein » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:33 am

This episode has left a great message to all the fans, do not know how or exactly when South Park came to an end, but something we do know is how are the creators and may be planning for the future of the series. In my opinion I know Matt and Trey are very happy for everything and performance success they have had with the series, but also must be tired of doing a different program to have it done every week, and that maybe are not as good as ideas for episodes.

But in my opinion these last episodes have been very good and have been as fun as everyone else, and I think Matt and Trey still have good ideas for the series, which they like to play with our ideas about what will happen in the next episode and they give you something you do not expect.
So you might actually if want to continue with the series and sign the contract for seasons 16 and 17. I hope it is so because South Park has been a great series that I liked it and has been my long time favorite and always will.

We have no more to wait until October and see what will happen in the next episode, if everything is normal again and the continuum ahead with two more seasons, or if all goes well and the end of the series came in the last episode this season.

SOUTH PARK WILL BE THE BEST EVER!
SajiNoKami

Postby SajiNoKami » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:40 am

just finally got to watch this one. Remember on twitter people were loving it last week.

Not going to lie, I really liked it. This is a wonderful episode. It was a rather deep serious episode cover with the humor that got the show attention in the first place.

The ending is sad yet, happy at the same time. The Sharon and Randy are just separated for now, they may come together again.

I am pleased they took a chance and aged stan. The whole cynical about the world... I can relate.

I was just waiting for the day Kyle and Eric would end up being good friends, they complement each other so well and have similar taste.

Been following South Park since is started in 1997 and I quite enjoyed the journey. Only 7 eps left & I believe the series will be ending...good times.

I can't believe when it started: I was only 20, mobile phones were not all over, cameras were not on everything, my brother didn't exist, and neither did mp3 players... Times have changed a bit.
http://sajinokami.com/

formally sage_emerald

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”