*1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

HAcoreRD

Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Postby HAcoreRD » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:01 am

shirker wrote:Oh and I have something else to add to all of you that are talking in details about Sharon and Randy divorce (stressing how often they argued, how different they were etc.), and how it might affect the future of SP.

Well what about Kyle's or Butters' parents? Haven't they had the same (or at least similar) share of marital problems?!

You see, in a way I got that Sharon's complaint (well, to me it was more like an observation): "It's the same sh*t again, every week over and over!" (or smth. like that) in a totally different way, i.e. as she was referring to (saying the truth about) life as a whole!

Just my 2 cents. :D

I agree with what you said. A lot of people tend to analyze things further in this show, which may or may not be bad. Though i think M&T touched on it in Scrotie McBoogerballs.

There's really 3 ways to take the sharon/Randy speech.

1.) M&T are speaking through them, which is what many people are hearing.

2.) Sharon has had enough of Randy's constant crap, which may or may not include what occurs off screen.

3.) She's referring to life in general, which is what the episode is aimed at.

I do not know about you guys, but life seems to be like an episode of a TV show for me. Wake up, go to work, come home, got to bed, repeat. Only changes in the structure are if I have a day off, or if there's any classes that need to be attended. That's life in a nut shell, though.
Kennysgirl1100

Postby Kennysgirl1100 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:05 am

what the hell! that episode is-is-AGHH! kyle and cartman hate each other!! :evil:
~love ya Kenny!
jackzoom461

Postby jackzoom461 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:31 pm

This is f*cking gross
gamejerk147

OMG

Postby gamejerk147 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:59 am

IS HE OUT OF THE SHOW omg MUST THINK OF SOMETHING
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:27 am

Harperlarp wrote:So wait. They stop showing episodes in the middle of a season, then show the rest at a later date? WTF? Why don't they just show the whole season in one run like ever other TV show I've ever seen?

They like to spread the show out over the year, lol. Two small bunches instead of one big bunch.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Brendle

Postby Brendle » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:49 am

Come on, people...nobody is overanalyzing anything.

It was so obvious in that last scene that Matt/Trey were saying they're tired of making the show.

No, they're not quitting just yet (from The Daily Show interview), but they're tired.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
RichardV1150

Postby RichardV1150 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:24 pm

Brendle wrote:Come on, people...nobody is overanalyzing anything.

It was so obvious in that last scene that Matt/Trey were saying they're tired of making the show.

No, they're not quitting just yet (from The Daily Show interview), but they're tired.

That's what I said here, viewtopic.php?f=2&t=47967
But that was before the interview came out, plus I did overanalyze everything from that single episode. It was fun, but I felt as if I couldn't leave any stone unturned.
South Park is amazing and anyone who doesn't think so should learn how to Respect My Authoritah! LOL South Park Rulez!
HAcoreRD

Postby HAcoreRD » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:51 pm

Over Analyzing: http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-ep ... oogerballs

Remember?

Besides, doing 14 episodes a season doesn't seem as bad as shows like "The Simpsons" which does 20-22 a season. Though if M&T are indeed worn out of doing it, they should just put the show on hiatus and take a year or two off.
A SouthPark Orange

Postby A SouthPark Orange » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:34 pm

I'm one of those people who are not really worried that the show might end this season or that Stan will stop hanging around with the group. Those two older guys talked about the years 2009-2013 being the tween years, so I'm pretty hopeful that there will be another two years of South Park. And I'm relatively optimistic about Stan becoming a part of the group again, at least in the season finale or, at worst, at the end of the series/in the movie if they are really going to make another one. All those Stan/Kyle friendship episodes can't have been written for nothing.
Pip: Besides, I hate french people.
Mozumi

Postby Mozumi » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:34 pm

Wha-- I... what just happened? All I know is a lie!

KYLE AND CARTMAN?!
HAcoreRD

Postby HAcoreRD » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:58 am

A SouthPark Orange wrote:I'm one of those people who are not really worried that the show might end this season or that Stan will stop hanging around with the group. Those two older guys talked about the years 2009-2013 being the tween years, so I'm pretty hopeful that there will be another two years of South Park. And I'm relatively optimistic about Stan becoming a part of the group again, at least in the season finale or, at worst, at the end of the series/in the movie if they are really going to make another one. All those Stan/Kyle friendship episodes can't have been written for nothing.

I agree, there's too much in their friendship for it to just collapse and be done in 20 minutes. Though I can see it being some time before he reenters the group's fold.

The more I look at it, it does worry me the show can end. It had a great run, but truthfully, there's very little I watch on TV. This show's pretty much 80% of my TV time.
TacoGrenade

Postby TacoGrenade » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:29 am

this episode was kinda sad at the end D:
Nenica89

Poor Stan :(

Postby Nenica89 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:56 pm

I know how he is feeling. Is this for real? this situation, moving away, leaving the other guys??? :( It looks like sh*t to me .
RichardV1150

Re: Poor Stan :(

Postby RichardV1150 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:07 pm

Nenica89 wrote:I know how he is feeling. Is this for real? this situation, moving away, leaving the other guys??? :( It looks like sh*t to me .

Well... define real, because this is a fictional show. the possibility of everything that happened to be fake is very slim.
I would bet that this is no easy fix for a writer, you can't just come back this fall, write an episode up and make everything candy canes and lollipops again.
Stan has moved to a new location, likely still in South Park, as addresses by previous comments.
He left the other guys, but has yet to try and fix things with them, so for now he's just lying in his bed, thinking about how sh*tty everything is.
On a side note, many of us [people in the forum] believe that the separation of Sharron and Randy was permanent this time, unlike previous relationships in South Park.
South Park is amazing and anyone who doesn't think so should learn how to Respect My Authoritah! LOL South Park Rulez!
NeuroHeart

Postby NeuroHeart » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:25 pm

cynthia325 wrote:
Ex1lepr0 wrote:^^Imagine if you unfroze yourself and found out the episode never aired because the show was cancelled after the tragic deaths of Matt and Trey. That would suuuuuckkk... :lol:

*knocking on wood for like a madman* AAAHHH don't say such things!!!
how about um.... the episode didn't air because... um... boba fett turned them into frogs! :wink:

You mean like the frogs that got f*cked by Joseph Smith?
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”