*1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

triplemultiplex

Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:29 am

I feel like we would've been told ahead of time if they had any plans to bail on their contract this year.

Naw, fuck it. I'm not gonna make any predictions about this. I was so fucking wrong about this week that I have no cred in that department.
Whatever's going on, just roll with it, Trey & Matt. Keep doing whatever the fuck you want and don't let anyone tell you something HAS to be done. That includes us fanboys/girls.

(Those poor bastards on the west coast don't know what they're about to see.)

You read it! You can't unread it!
Hydroleaf

Postby Hydroleaf » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:30 am

My birthday's on Friday. As much as I want to be excited, I really can't... Actually, I wasn't that excited to begin with, but I definitely can't feel that much 15-year cheer now. I feel a physical depression, where my body feels more uncomfortable than my actual emotions. I hope I can make it through with all this stress, because everything feels impossible right now, despite my anticipation for the next episode. :(

On a lighter note, the movie preview for Mr. Popper's Penguins or whatever made me lol, as well as the other movie previews (despite how disgusting the stuff was). :lol: I need to cheer myself up a bit before my brain implodes...
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:32 am

triplemultiplex wrote:Those poor bastards on the west coast don't know what they're about to see.

Unless they saw an East Coast feed, like me :D
HAcoreRD

Postby HAcoreRD » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:34 am

My thoughts: This is (not) the end.

Stan is the 'normal' boy. He is what the average viewer can relate to. He is the go to guy. Granted, they can fill his void with other characters (Wendy, Clyde, Craig, Kenny, Butters), we've seen in the past the fan base hates change to a large degree, but we accept the show's evolution.

I also read people theorizing Trey Parker (Stan's voice actor/co-creator) is leaving. If so, then wouldn't the other people he voice leave to?

Stan, Cartman, Randy Marsh, Clyde, Mr. Garrison, just to name the primaries.

I think that South Park writers did their job, they planted the typical finale seed. They drew you in, and brought you to the edge of your seat, and now we get a cliffhanger. That's it. Sure, Sharon mentioned the same sh*t happens every day and she's sick of it. I am to, this is adulthood, it's not fun, but we are creatures of habit.

If Stan's older and 'matured faster' than Kyle, Kenny, and Cartman, then wouldn't the other characters age too? (note: Kyle's birthday passed, as it was May 26th, and Stan's is October 26th. The timeline isn't accurate).

Now, I just have 1 thought. Where's Wendy?
Levente

Postby Levente » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:36 am

Wow, they weren’t lying when they said it would be reality destroying.
Kudos Matt and Trey, whatever the hell your doing you’re doing it well.
zulu45

Postby zulu45 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:37 am

Okay, I didn't read through all of the pages, but consider one thing: weren't they making a huge emphasis in the episode of crazy things happening (Sharon talking to Randy) and everything just back to normal? What if it comes back as if none of this happened, for that very purpose, but still creating a cliff-hanger to get fans (and critics) eager to see the next episode.
evoxpisces

Postby evoxpisces » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:38 am

It's been an hour since the episode ended and I still can't seem to process it. I have no idea why they ended it the way they did. BUT I see a lot of negativity in this thread about how people think Stan is written off or that Trey is leaving and I can say with confidence neither is true. They would never write off a character as important as Stan. Also, Trey is more like 75% of the show, as Matt really only does voices nowadays, mostly every episode is written by Trey (or at least that's how the episodes are credited). I read somewhere South Park has been renewed to 17 seasons now (don't quote me), so the show is not ending, especially not mid-season.

All in all, I'm not worried one bit. M&T know what they are doing. They have made this show spectacular for nearly 15 years, they wouldn't let it just fizzle out this way. I know when the series does inevitably end it will go out with a huge bang! Until then, let's enjoy it. I'm staying positive, and you should too! Maybe they just wanted to shake things up a bit. Does everything in South Park ever have a logical explanation? Why did they kill Kenny off in Season 6? No clue. Maybe just to switch things up. With that said, Season 6 was one of the best seasons in SP history IMO. Stan is not going anywhere and neither is any main cast member nor Matt nor Trey. Let's just wait for the second half of season 15. I'm sure our questions will be answered then!

Anyway, I think I can rate this episode now after I let it soak in. I'm giving it a 7/10. It was a so-so episode, aside from the fact that it provided sheer shock value and shook things up a bit. It was mildly funny but I think is one episode that will stick out amongst the rest because of fans' reactions. Now only 5 more months til season 15.5!
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:38 am

M&T are just leading us down the garden path using the old red herring trick.

This is South Park! Laugh and Enjoy :wink:
cannibalisa

Postby cannibalisa » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:40 am

So....

10 is the new 40?

OctopusSandwich wrote:This made me realize how attached I am to these characters.

Me, too! And the thought that something real in Matt's or Trey's life might have inspired this ep makes me even sadder, which makes me realize how much I have invested in this show and these characters!

Still, I laughed a LOT. I loved that Dylan and The Police sounded like crap!

When the old guys 'saved' Randy's pants as Sharon said "Things get more and more absurd", or as Stan sat at Stark's Pond (YAY!) and saw a flower that looked like crap, I thought, "Yeah, these guys know what they're doing."

This show is so brilliant, it's physically painful! I cannot wait to see what genius they've got planned for Part 2.

Chillin'Willin'

Postby Chillin'Willin' » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:40 am

Does this episode mean that M & T are getting tired of doing this show? I think this is a way of telling the fans to not expect much after this season!!! What do you think?
CartmansWhore

Postby CartmansWhore » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:40 am

Everyone calm down!
“The basis of all reasoning is the mind's awareness of itself. What we think, the external objects we perceive, are all like actors that come on and off stage. But our consciousness, the stage itself, is always present to us,” Trey Parker
jessyrf

Postby jessyrf » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:41 am

Was a great episode ( I laughed a bunch) up until Randy said that he wasn't happy anymore. Then just a lot of drama. But, I seriously don't think that this is the end. It's totally something that the writers would do to make people stay tuned for the rest of the season. I also don't think that the series is ending yet. I have a feeling that when they are ready to end it, they will let people know so their many loyal fans won't be so hurt like people are feeling now. They are better than that.

Have faith in Matt and Trey!
Barack_Obama

Postby Barack_Obama » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:42 am

triplemultiplex wrote:

(Those poor bastards on the west coast don't know what they're about to see.)

Not if you have satellite. I used to but not anymore. :(

BUT, I do have HD from Comcast, and the HD Comedy Central is East Coast time, so I seen at 7. BEAT THAT, NUGGAH.
I have been here since January 2005 with another name. I have seniority. (.__. )

Plants stuff their pollen everywhere, all those kids who get allergies because of pollen have plant sperm in their lungs. Flowers deep throat kids :I

- Unassumption
CartmansWhore

Postby CartmansWhore » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:42 am

jessyrf wrote:Have faith in Matt and Trey!

THIS!
“The basis of all reasoning is the mind's awareness of itself. What we think, the external objects we perceive, are all like actors that come on and off stage. But our consciousness, the stage itself, is always present to us,” Trey Parker
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:44 am

If South Park is returning in October, then I think Trey and Matt will make the last seven episodes as horrible as possible. All they care about now is the stupid Book of Mormon and think they are f*cking Rogers and Hammerstein when their real purpose is to make the world's most awesome cartoon. If they make another musical, I hope it is a billon times worse than Spider Man: Turn Off the Dark. Trey and Matt are nothing more than a couple of white collar crooks, way worse than Bernie Madoff. Unless, Trey and Matt fix South Park and stop making musicals, I think this is goodbye. I want to thank all of my fellow BBS users for their support and humor. You guys were so awesome. Much like Terrell Pryor, instead of staying with the sinking ship, I have officially resigned as a South Park superfan. I wish you all the best and hope you remember the good times we had as a community.
Last edited by nwt000 on Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”