*1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

zzyzx 1

Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Postby zzyzx 1 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:45 am

Barack_Obama wrote:
triplemultiplex wrote:

(Those poor bastards on the west coast don't know what they're about to see.)

Not if you have satellite. I used to but not anymore. :(

BUT, I do have HD from Comcast, and the HD Comedy Central is East Coast time, so I seen at 7. BEAT THAT, NUGGAH.

I can beat that; the East Coast feed will repeat in only 15 minutes! W00T!
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:47 am

nwt000 wrote:Unless, Trey and Matt fix South Park and stop making musicals, I think this is goodbye. I want to thank all of my fellow BBS users for their support and humor. You guys were so awesome. Much like Terrell Pryor, instead of staying with the sinking ship, I have officially resigned as a South Park superfan. I wish you all the best and hope you remember the good times we had as a community.

Well, you've gotta do what you've gotta do (no, that's ESM :P )

Whatever you decide, and I hope you stay, nice posting with you, nwt000 here at the SPS BBS :)

Hope you'll be back!

ZZ
Barack_Obama

Postby Barack_Obama » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:48 am

zzyzx 1 wrote:
Barack_Obama wrote:
triplemultiplex wrote:

(Those poor bastards on the west coast don't know what they're about to see.)

Not if you have satellite. I used to but not anymore. :(

BUT, I do have HD from Comcast, and the HD Comedy Central is East Coast time, so I seen at 7. BEAT THAT, NUGGAH.

I can beat that; the East Coast feed will repeat in only 15 minutes! W00T!

That isn't beating, it is rivaling. I have the same time on the HD channel. It is also rearing for me.
I have been here since January 2005 with another name. I have seniority. (.__. )

Plants stuff their pollen everywhere, all those kids who get allergies because of pollen have plant sperm in their lungs. Flowers deep throat kids :I

- Unassumption
CartmansWhore

Postby CartmansWhore » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:49 am

such a sad episode
Last edited by CartmansWhore on Fri May 04, 2012 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
“The basis of all reasoning is the mind's awareness of itself. What we think, the external objects we perceive, are all like actors that come on and off stage. But our consciousness, the stage itself, is always present to us,” Trey Parker
softieclair

Postby softieclair » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:51 am

nwt000 wrote:If South Park is returning in October, then I think Trey and Matt will make the last seven episodes as horrible as possible. All they care about now is the stupid Book of Mormon and think their f*cking Rogers and Hammerstein when their real purpose is to make the world's most awesome cartoon. If they make another musical, I hope it is a billon times worse than Spider Man: Turn Off the Dark. Trey and Matt are nothing more than a couple of white collar crooks, way worse than Bernie Madoff. Unless, Trey and Matt fix South Park and stop making musicals, I think this is goodbye. I want to thank all of my fellow BBS users for their support and humor. You guys were so awesome. Much like Terrell Pryor, instead of staying with the sinking ship, I have officially resigned as a South Park superfan. I wish you all the best and hope you remember the good times we had as a community.

It sounds like you're saying that the South Park creators are really acting "sh*tty". :wink:
liddybuck01

Postby liddybuck01 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:51 am

i seriously cracked up the entire time. Matt and Trey, are you spying on me? i am exactly how Stan was in this episode. sad, right?i guess that's why i enjoyed it so much.

loved the commentary on new music/movies. it is all sh*t. (besides RUSH, of course...)

loved Landslide. great use of the song.

love the Steamy duo.

lovelovelove this episode.

as for the 2nd half of the season, i'm excited to see what else you guys come up with!

also, f*ck the haters. if you don't like the show, STOP WATCHING!

www.facebook.com/mrs.quirouette

listen to Rush!
I_cost_8_dollars

Postby I_cost_8_dollars » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:54 am

I didn't really care for all of the defecation. I understood the point they were trying to obtain but I think it was a bit excessive. I like the change that they made in the end. I think that Randy is really going to get into some comical situations such as hookers, dates, finding himself by doing more dream following. haha I think that we can all relate to growing pains at this age. Studies show that in fourth grade is when you start to grow up and lose your imagination. I think that this season has been pretty mild compared to the other seasons even though it did have its funny moments. I think that T&M have been distracted with their other projects causing SP to suffer a bit. Now having said that, I still do love SP and am going to continue watching it if they continue to keep making them. Maybe its just me but I thought that in this episode, all the toilet humor was just a cheap laugh.
BearGrylls

Postby BearGrylls » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:57 am

Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:47 pm5
It's been an hour since the episode ended and I still can't seem to process it. I have no idea why they ended it the way they did. BUT I see a lot of negativity in this thread about how people think Stan is written off or that Trey is leaving and I can say with confidence neither is true. They would never write off a character as important as Stan. Also, Trey is more like 75% of the show, as Matt really only does voices nowadays, mostly every episode is written by Trey (or at least that's how the episodes are credited). I read somewhere South Park has been renewed to 17 seasons now (don't quote me), so the show is not ending, especially not mid-season.

All in all, I'm not worried one bit. M&T know what they are doing. They have made this show spectacular for nearly 15 years, they wouldn't let it just fizzle out this way. I know when the series does inevitably end it will go out with a huge bang! Until then, let's enjoy it. I'm staying positive, and you should too! Maybe they just wanted to shake things up a bit. Does everything in South Park ever have a logical explanation? Why did they kill Kenny off in Season 6? No clue. Maybe just to switch things up. With that said, Season 6 was one of the best seasons in SP history IMO. Stan is not going anywhere and neither is any main cast member nor Matt nor Trey. Let's just wait for the second half of season 15. I'm sure our questions will be answered then!

Anyway, I think I can rate this episode now after I let it soak in. I'm giving it a 7/10. It was a so-so episode, aside from the fact that it provided sheer shock value and shook things up a bit. It was mildly funny but I think is one episode that will stick out amongst the rest because of fans' reactions. Now only 5 more months til season 15.5!

EXACTLY!!!! I bet when the last half of the season comes on everything is back to normal like it never happened (Just like Randy and Sharon spoke of!) Though i was a bit worried when i first watched this episode.......
CartmansWhore

Postby CartmansWhore » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:58 am

kyle and cartman are getting awfully close :shock:
“The basis of all reasoning is the mind's awareness of itself. What we think, the external objects we perceive, are all like actors that come on and off stage. But our consciousness, the stage itself, is always present to us,” Trey Parker
WhisperXBA

Postby WhisperXBA » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:58 am

Ok, I see a lot of people here liked a lot of the episodes for this half, but this last episode pretty much supports what I and all my friends have though of this half..

This is the worst it's ever been, just these 7. We've thought the last few seasons, sans a few episodes, have been the best.

But S15.. 02, 04, 05, 06, we'd never watch again. 01 and 03 are mediocre, wouldn't stand out as good in any of the last 3 years. 02 and 06 are two of the worst episodes of all time.

They seem to know what they've killed this spring. I would love it if they just canned any future episodes, end the show. End it with a movie next summer.
Demyx_Myde

Postby Demyx_Myde » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:59 am

This episode signified the beginning of the end. It's clear that Matt and Trey are done with this series, this is clear from the general let-down that these past few episodes were. I enjoyed them, but they were nowhere near as good as anything they had put out in the past. I believe that if it is their decision to move on, then so be it. Support them as writers who would like to further their careers, not talk down to them for what they have chosen to do.

Also, on the note of the "17th season" rumor, I read the article that this rumor is based off of. All it states is that the season was to run "through season 15" which means it is just to the end of season 15, and regarding that mention of the show "airing until 2013" this just means that the show will not be removed from public television until 2013.
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:01 am

Okay, gang, we're into page 9 of this thread already 8)

And now the show is about to repeat on the East Coast; still an hour to go for the West Coast feed.

Come on, West Coasters! Let's give 'um 9 pages or more ourselves!

Let's do it!
Chef_Mikey

Postby Chef_Mikey » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:03 am

Not really sure what to think of this episode. I am infinately glad they did not f*cking butcher Landslide since it's one of my favorite songs ever!

Bummer of an ending. Memorable, yes. Series finale worthy, no.

Out of all the episodes, this one is definately the most heavy. I came here immediately to check and see if I missed something in the last week or so, because you can damn sure bet if this was the end that they would let the world know. Also no one ends a show like that. That's f*cking worse than ending a show and revealing that it was all a dream. This ain't the Bob Newhart show.

I think people might be reading way too much into this. Maybe we will hear something soon if this is the end, but until there is an official announcement, I think the show is good for atleast 2 more seasons.

This is a huge money maker for both Matt and Trey and Comedy Central. I encourage them to do other things. Not quite sure what possesed them to wanna do Broadway, but f*ck it, fine by me. This half season sh*t needs to stop though. I f*ckin hate it!

I've actually liked every episode that's been in this season and in the past seasons, This is the only episode that has a bummer ending though. Meh, whatever happens happens.
JVM

Postby JVM » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:05 am

^ Who gives a sh*t about Wendy? Me and nwt000. That's it. Nobody else cares about Wendy. She might as well be killed off. Even if things went completely back to normal, she's lost her place and isn't a part of the show anymore.

I don't know what show I just watched.

I know everyone else is sitting there loving it but a part of me just got ripped out.

It's not just oh they changed South Park boo hoo

I see myself in Stan right now. I see my own loss of innocence. Just days ago I whined about losing my best friend. And now it's happening before my very eyes in my favorite show. And after whining a week ago but status quo being restored, now I wish status quo had been kept. The kinds of things I normally wish would happen have happened and...

I don't know who I am anymore.

I'm just a stupid kid taking a stupid TV show too seriously.

f*ck me.
Serrith

Postby Serrith » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:06 am

WhisperXBA wrote:Ok, I see a lot of people here liked a lot of the episodes for this half, but this last episode pretty much supports what I and all my friends have though of this half..

This is the worst it's ever been, just these 7. We've thought the last few seasons, sans a few episodes, have been the best.

But S15.. 02, 04, 05, 06, we'd never watch again. 01 and 03 are mediocre, wouldn't stand out as good in any of the last 3 years. 02 and 06 are two of the worst episodes of all time.

They seem to know what they've killed this spring. I would love it if they just canned any future episodes, end the show. End it with a movie next summer.

You and your friends may be cynical assh*les then as this ep. put it. Season 15 has been a big improvement over season 14, and 14 wasn't really that bad, just mediocre.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”