*1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

punchandpie321

Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Postby punchandpie321 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:57 am

Seriously Guys! You all have to STOP freaking out.

First off, before the uncharacteristically sad ending, with Randy & Sharon splitting, and Stan being all alone, It was actually pretty F***ing funny. The doctor scene, The movies scene, I practically peed myself when the month of "June" fell like a pile of crap on the screen. The duck quacking and spewing crap on Stan's face??? Holy S***. literally. This ep in a lot of ways was one of the funniest so far this season, as well as the most unsettling. I agree with evoxpisces, they would never do something like write out Stan. I'm more than positive they're going to resolve this.

So hey, Take a deep breath. It's not over. It's just gonna be a long summer.
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:58 am

Well, watching it a second was great; the shock value was gone, and I could see that there was a plot in there. And a great one.

I liked the sub-plot of the janitor of the bowling alley and his friend going into the Marsh house and "save" Randy's britches :lol:

Stan's room is purple (the wall color). Yes, there was a moving van, we saw the van drive down the street, and Stan go to sleep in his bed against an olive green wall. They did move 8)

Couldn't recognize the school lunch room Stan was in next; everyone looked like shιt :P

I wonder where the Marshes moved to? Stan still walked around in a snowy town; yet the sun in the sky still looked shιtty.

Hmmm..... This is exciting! I can't wait to see what happens next :)

My new rating: old was 10/10; now on seeing it a second time, I really enjoyed it :D

10+ / 10 ftw!
Last edited by zzyzx 1 on Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
dusty506

Postby dusty506 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:58 am

i thought i was shocked when kenny wasnt really in this one but now.... i feel like i just got thrown in a shark infested pool with concrete shoes then woke up in an alien spaceship getting a f*cking anal probe.
Leelastears

Postby Leelastears » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:58 am

That's really interesting. I feel better thinking about it just the way you explained it. Maybe you're right.

nodakskip wrote:I don't think this is the ending of the series. I see this as a way to shake things up. Sharron said it herself. "Then everything resets like nothing happened." This is a way to try to stir the pot or make new storylines.

When people divorce they sometimes sell the house they lived in as a family. I took it as Randy leaving town while Sharron gets the kids and moves to a new house. Thus Stan having the new room.

The show at its heart was how young kids see the problems we adults fuss over way too much. Like when they had no idea why people thought Father Maxi would want to molest them. But it might be they felt they did all the jokes and "how would a young child view this?"

Each age group has their own challenges to deal with. The boys are mostly the same age so it wont be long till Kyle and the others turn 10 as well.

If it was me I would age them to maybe 15 as freshmen in High School.
Ze Mole: "Careful? Was my mother careful when she stabbed me in the heart with a clothes hanger while I was still in the womb?"
Sgt.YatesMonkeyBalls

Postby Sgt.YatesMonkeyBalls » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:00 am

I think I get it now: Shelley calls everyone a turd--it's genetic! :lol:
Characters Ranked by Speaking Appearances...y'know, if you care about useless, autistic trivia like that.

Favorite Characters: Randy, Yates, and Butters
Favorite Episode: Cartman's Incredible Gift
Favorite Pairing: Randy x Sharon
John_117

Postby John_117 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:01 am

erunno wrote:Cartman opening gifts at Stan's party was just...douchebaggery to the max.

It's funny, and it's what Cartman is. A fat, funny douchebag. Believe it!

erunno wrote:1) They [the boys or doctors] find a cure for Stan's "cynical assh*le" syndrome, and he becomes friends with the gang, and possibly they get Randy to come back, or he just does on his own, and everything ends just fine.

Not really. The three boys are too stupid to know any better and Stan is a stubborn jackass.

erunno wrote:2) They just, as Sharon says, come back each week starting over with the same sh*t again. That is, they pretend nothing happened.

I guarantee that won't happen, after Sharon analyzed Randy's mistakes.

erunno wrote:3) Randy is gone, Sharon and Stan are in a different town, and South Park is just...different (which, to me, is just upsetting and terrible)

I could have sworn Stan was still in South Park.

erunno wrote:Hey...stanluv, and everyone else. We finally got our Stan episode for this half of the season. And look what happened.

Touche.
Batman17

Postby Batman17 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:02 am

Please note I have not read almost any of the other posts. That being said I hated this episode. I'm really considering never watching the show again. That episode was horribly depressing and not funny in any way really. As Stan would say it was just some really sh*tty sh*t. And i also think its just f*cked up to leave your fans on such a depressing note. Its a really twiztid way to make sure people watch the next episode and i think thats like the tv equivalant of a sucker-punch its just cheap and low. Do you really think you need a gimmick like that to keep people watching? I've been watching for 11 years now but I really think I'm done. And I really hope matt or trey reads these things because guys you lost a life-long fan right there. SEE YA!
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:02 am

zzyzx 1 wrote:I wonder where the Marshes moved to? Stan still walked around in a snowy town; yet the sun in the sky still looked shιtty.

Probably another indication that he didn't enjoy relocating. This can have an outcome on the family moving back to South Park.
squeeze1st

Postby squeeze1st » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:02 am

Everyone's coming up with all these theories but it seems pretty straightforward to me. Just watch the last segment again. Matt and Trey are tired of the show and feeling they've outgrown it and this is probably the last season.

It's sad I guess but the show has gotten progressively worse over the last couple of seasons and this season has sucked completely. They've had uninspired episodes since the show started but they've never gone this long without getting their mojo back. If they're this uninspired, why continue?

Don't be sad. Everything has to come to an end sometime, and for f*cks sake, it's a cartoon, don't take it so seriously. I just hope they spend the summer coming up with some great sh*t for the fall and end it with some funny episodes and nothing too melodramatic.
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:03 am

dusty506 wrote:i thought i was shocked when kenny wasnt really in this one but now.... i feel like i just got thrown in a shark infested pool with concrete shoes then woke up in an alien spaceship getting a f*cking anal probe.

Well he was in the episode, in his orange hood; and in the very beginning he was with all the boys at the birthday party UNHOODED :D
John_117

Postby John_117 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:05 am

I'm out of this argument. I swear, this whole discussion is being turned into one giant-ass conspiracy.
erunno

Postby erunno » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:07 am

It's funny, and it's what Cartman is. A fat, funny douchebag. Believe it!

Not really. The three boys are too stupid to know any better and Stan is a stubborn jackass.

I guarantee that won't happen, after Sharon analyzed Randy's mistakes.

I could have sworn Stan was still in South Park.

Touche.

-----
Yeah, I know that's who Cartman is. I found it funny to. And his mother just goes along with it, hah

They're too stupid? They're a lot smarter than most of the adults. They go about doing a whole lot of stuff (I could list many things, such as Nascar, Tooth Fairy org, stopping the re-mastered Indian Jones movie) and so on.

Yes, but sometimes each week they just "go back to normal". No one notices Kenny dies. That's just weekly, going back to normal. Of course, Trey/Matt may do something with this whole new plot idea to stretch their artistic capabilities to form new ideas for more local (South Park) ideas.

Not sure, he could be.
salamander

Postby salamander » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:08 am

I thought this was the perfect way to end South Park, once and for all. The guys have been doing this for a while and are probably bored with it. Their Broadway musical is a success. They will always be in demand to do new projects. I've seen the show since the beginning and they have followed the exact same pattern as The Simpsons - the best episodes were years 3-7 or 8. I still occasionally watch The Simpsons 'cause every once in a while they'll hit it out of the park, but maybe M & T don't want to do this for 20 years and have the show be a shell of what it used to be. It has been inconsistent and occasionally bad for several years now. It's too late to go out on top (gotta give credit to Seinfeld for doing that - who else would walk away from the top-rated show?) but it's a good idea to get out before they hit rock bottom. Hope it was the end because it was a great final episode in the tradition of Newhart's final show - heck, last scene of Cartman and Kyle was laughing as friends. Loved the show but hope they don't come back.
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:09 am

Well, I guess I'm here until at least November 16th. It looks like we are still getting Season 15B because I just checked the episode player and episodes 1508-1514 were listed. The premiere is October 5th and the finale is November 16th. Long live South Park!
prestigeworldwide

Postby prestigeworldwide » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:09 am

i literally cried NO JOKE. :cartmancry: :cartmancry: :cartmancry: :cartmancry: :cartmancry: im still a little sniffly.

is it weird that im crying over a cartoon? probably not since its the best show ever!!!

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”