*1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Abel_nightroad7

Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Abel_nightroad7 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:01 am

I loved the ep but the way they made it seemed to but like a ending of the show type ep I need to ask someone are they run down and ending it here it's just getting good again I hope not. Over all this was a good ep but made it seem like it there last ep was but for them to do my friend freaked out thinking it was the last ep. But there was not preview scaird may people into thinking was there last ep. But I hope it was just there way of being funny and not ending with people think it's coming back... Wait a min WTF kenny was in the ep people... o.O did anyone see that but me? But that was a good ep. And wow kenny has a iPod...
Perfumecandy

Postby Perfumecandy » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:03 am

I am shocked and amused by this episode. That's it :o
I'm a ultimate fan of Stan Marsh/Eric Cartman
I support StanxCartman ~~~
bongtoke

Postby bongtoke » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:04 am

"How much longer can we keep doing this? It's like the same sh*t just happens over and over, then in a week it just all resets until it happens again. Every week it's kind of the same story in a different way, but it just keeps getting more and more ridiculous."

"I don't know if I've changed or you have. I just feel like I might not have a whole lot of time left, and want to enjoy it."

"I want to enjoy it too, but I can't fake it anymore. You just seem kind of sh*tty to me. "

"You kind of seem sh*tty to me to."

"People grow older Randy. People grow apart."

Such a serious conversation for a South Park conclusion. While watching the episode I also thought the dialogue represents Matt/Trey as opposed to Randy/Sharon... But that's a pretty harsh and revealing way to end the discussion if that's true...

Anyway, there's a reason the episode is called "You're Getting Old," and I don't think it's because it was Stan's birthday. My prediction? This will be the last season. "Pact" or contract, there are often ways to end them early. But there is no way in hell Kyle and Cartman will stay buddies!
kirabaggira

Sad Symbolism

Postby kirabaggira » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:05 am

I think that Trey and Matt are Stan who have become disenfranchised and cynical about making new shows and finding things fun and interesting to make fun of. They are also Sharon and Randy is the show itself.

SAY IT AINT SO GUYS
SAY IT AINT SO????

I really hope this isnt the end. Maybe a break and come back better than ever?
dusty506

Postby dusty506 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:08 am

About kenny Notice he has an ipod shuffle but the others all have ipod touches...

and hopefully when they get back from this break they will be refreshed and be ready to continue.... i hope it doesnt end... ive watched this show since the first episode aired and itd be sad... but if they do i want them to do it with another movie. Still watch the movie weekly lol.
ix10ziNxi

Depressing

Postby ix10ziNxi » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:09 am

The moment Kyle and Stan had problems, I had a very very bad feeling.

The scene between Stans parents is really directed towards South Park creators and fans...

Is this the final season of South Park? Im not sure, but I really really really hope its not. I dont know what the television would be like without South Park. ):
angelbabygirlfriend

Not a favorite.

Postby angelbabygirlfriend » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:10 am

This was not one of my favorite episodes. Actually I found it less humorous than normal and rather depressing... way to do the mid-season on a sad note guys. Not exactly what I turn to South Park for but hey, stepping out of the box; a change. Not a nice one but a change none-the-less.
M3soJD

Postby M3soJD » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:12 am

Wow that was a very good episode. I felt like matt/trey were portraying something very true about life and their thoughts on the show as well. I don't think this is the end, but a change.

Damn I can't wait for the next episode.

Postby 203177 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:13 am

this ep was disgusting 6/10 but the whole ending almost made me cry. i felt so bad for stan on how he was seeing sh*t everywhere he goes. but this seems like a cliff hanger i see this as a two parter. but what the hell i don't wanna see kyle and cartman friends since when did they decide that? that's f*cking gay's hell! this was probably the most emotional endings i have seen. his parents fighting, his whole family moving away, his friends not talking to him and ignoring him. if stan and his family get kicked off the show then its goodbye south park for me. :cry: but i liked how all the boys had no hats on. cartman being a brat again and making fun of Stevie nicks and Stevie ray Vaughn and bob Dylan. randy singing and farting in the mic and them listening to fart music almost made me burst out laughing. but if i laughed out loud i would have got yelled at since my whole family was sleeping. but i'm on the edge of my seat for this ep. i hope it will all be okay and sp will be back to normal. overall this first half gets a C-.
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
Gingerfan1

awww aww awwwww!

Postby Gingerfan1 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:13 am

Anyone else get a really bad feeling about this?
stanSpFan

NOOOOOOOOO

Postby stanSpFan » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:13 am

This is so sadddd. Randy and Sharon getting divorced, Stan getting old, Kyle and Cartman as FRIENDS?????

It is like Matt and Trey are saying, Let us make this super weird with stuff that will never happen.

Oh, and too much sh*t. Eew.
dusty506

Re: awww aww awwwww!

Postby dusty506 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:14 am

Gingerfan1 wrote:Anyone else get a really bad feeling about this?

ya but just trying to look forward and hope itll all be ok.

And i feel bad for stan.
underhyped

Postby underhyped » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:15 am

Can someone post a screen of kenny without his hood from the ep?
yoyota

Postby yoyota » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:15 am

looks like stans hormon pills had an bad effect for now
Brendle

Postby Brendle » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:15 am

Shouko wrote:Year of the Fan my ass.

Matt and Trey, you're old and sh*tty. This episode was a big F-U to the fans. If you don't feel like doing the show anymore, you can think of a less depressing way to end things. You still have half a season to go. Oh yeah. Keep writing your broadway shows with Avenue Q guy. It made you lose some of your personal style, Trey. You were once a genius with writing the music for South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut, Cannibal the Musical, and Team America.

Cartman and Kyle would never be friends. Really, does that make sense? That won't last. Stan and Kyle are super best friends. They better figure a way to work it out.

Get back to your roots. You've both been horribly inconsistent.

I know they probably won't even read this, and how this board is just a bunch of other fans, but I just felt like I had to vent somewhere.

The second stage of grief is anger, guys. This is a good example.

This episode wasn't a F-U to the fans at all. It was out of respect for the fans.

They think the show is "kind of sh*tty" now and won't allow it to continue as such. They are going out with dignity/integrity.

They, like Sharon, "can't fake it anymore."
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”