*1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

dusty506

Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Postby dusty506 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:21 am

underhyped wrote:Can someone post a screen of kenny without his hood from the ep?

kinda bad but screen capture isnt working so had to use snipping tool....

EDIT*
Last edited by dusty506 on Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
crit3rion

Postby crit3rion » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:23 am

This has been the worst season in your long (hehe) history. This is the worst episode ever made.

I've been watching South Park since 1998. I guess it's time for me to go.

Trey and Matt. If you can remove the current writers from production, please do so.

I can watch plenty of other shows that end in a depressing tone.

If anyone agrees with me, please give South Park a chance to get back to the original humor. Watch an episode or two more. If it doesn't improve, remove them from your DVR.
NeuroHeart

Postby NeuroHeart » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:25 am

On reflection, it doesn't look like Stan moved away from South Park. The end had him surrounded by sh*t, but still in town.
I still don't know what to make of this. Still thinking the end...

Also, they used a Stevie Nicks song :shock: It was fitting, but... they hate her. Not sure what to make of that, either.
Poor Stan. Poor Kyle. Poor everyone. Image
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Shouko

Postby Shouko » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:25 am

Brendle wrote:The second stage of grief is anger, guys. This is a good example.

This episode wasn't a F-U to the fans at all. It was out of respect for the fans.

They think the show is "kind of sh*tty" now and won't allow it to continue as such. They are going out with dignity/integrity.

They, like Sharon, "can't fake it anymore."

I think it's reasonable to be upset with this episode. Honestly, if they were going out with integrity, I believe Matt and Trey should have ended the show in season 9 or 10. Better late than never, I guess.

Sure, I can recognize they have had a few gems in the newer seasons, but it's just not the same. As a fan from the beginning, I'm very insulted.
xlxcigaroxlx

Postby xlxcigaroxlx » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:26 am

I got a horrible feeling from this episode.

It was amazing, one of the best they have done in a long time..And then you start to feel it. The feeling that Matt and Trey are trying to tell us something. If the show is ending after the season second half, I will be depressed but I understand. I mean, it can't go on forever right? Maybe they could do some straight to DVD episodes or something.

If the show is ending, I will miss it.
I failed sex ed, will you tutor me?
Aidan aka sythis1

this ep sucked

Postby Aidan aka sythis1 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:27 am

what the hell
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:27 am

as stated... this is what us Stan fans get when we begged for a Stan episode. And now look what happened.... :cry: :cry: :cry:
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:28 am

NeuroHeart wrote:On reflection, it doesn't look like Stan moved away from South Park. The end had him surrounded by sh*t, but still in town.

Correct. He's still there, but everything looks to him like sh*t. Kyle just can't hang out with him anymore, so Kyle takes Cartman.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:30 am

NeuroHeart wrote:Also, they used a Stevie Nicks song :shock: It was fitting, but... they hate her. Not sure what to make of that, either.

I think it was a look back at season 5, ep 509, Osama bin Laden Has Farty Pants where they had a goat that looked to the military as Stevie Nicks. In tonight's episode, the Nicks character actually made goat sounds while singing; listen again :)
dusty506

Postby dusty506 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:31 am

Big-Will wrote:
NeuroHeart wrote:On reflection, it doesn't look like Stan moved away from South Park. The end had him surrounded by sh*t, but still in town.

Correct. He's still there, but everything looks to him like sh*t. Kyle just can't hang out with him anymore, so Kyle takes Cartman.

^ Stan is a sad panda...
DarthObri

Postby DarthObri » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:31 am

oh no is this a reflection on the series? first jersey conquering america sh*t, then some nascar sh*t, eventually to crack baby basketball? its sad im not sure if thats true but it seems clear to me, how sharon and randy argued about how they didn't know who was getting older, and how they were talking about how its the same story but slightly different getting more and more ridiculous (crack-baby basketball?), maybe matt and trey are realizing something, and how they said i can't keep pretending, like people lying to themselves about thinking there favorite show (south park) is still really good while really you're not sure how much longer you can put up with it, and then them leaving each other, like when people stopped watching simpsons cause it started to suck, maybe in reality south park is too and matt and trey see that, its sad and thats why it has sad music and sad falling aparts, cause it truly is sad, this episode was very good but thats the meaning i pulled from it. Or maybe i'm just becoming a sad cynic like stan :'(
xlxcigaroxlx

Postby xlxcigaroxlx » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:31 am

Seeing this whole "goodbye" vibe makes me take a closer look at this season being the "year of the fan"

I don't like where this is going
I failed sex ed, will you tutor me?
cal.mn

Postby cal.mn » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:32 am

Holy Sh*t stan and the marsh family all left south park
coltermfraines

Postby coltermfraines » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:33 am

So IF this IS to be the last season of South Park (God please no), I predict that Cartman will kill either Stan or Kyle before meeting his own demise. Who knows? Perhaps Kenny will be the only one to live, wandering the decimated and destroyed streets of the now-ghost-town of South Park; then he kills himself.

Regardless, as saddened as I would be under aforementioned hypotheses, I think Matt & Trey should do whatever they want to do...which is what they have always done.

A great episode nonetheless.

-CMFR
emoassasin117

sh*t

Postby emoassasin117 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:33 am

i love south park but ar they out of ideas or r they just trying to get rid of every one, heres an idea give kyle a girl friend or let eric have wendy beacause now that stan is a walking pile of sh*t theres nothing left . goodby stan . ps. this episode is sh*t

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”