*1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

RodrigoVillarreal

Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Postby RodrigoVillarreal » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:52 pm

Several things….
Using the song “Landslide” it’s a lot; it’s probably the heaviest thing on the episode.
I like the fact that Sharon talks about “the same sh*t over and over again every week” it’s either a wakeup call from T&M or a statement of ending a cycle, even more now with the success of “the book of Mormons”
Beside what will lead from this episode regarding the future of South park, there are several things that are a fact talking about the characters;
Cartman and Kyle will NEVER be BF’s they may get along once in a while but Cartman keeps being the same selfish person.
Also 10 Year olds change their mind really easily so Stan may see everything sh*tty today but tomorrow may be a different thing.
One last thing… Let’s not forget that Randy lied about liking the new music, it sounded like sh*t to him too, so he still likes the same old good stuff.
Peace!
hhaforever

Postby hhaforever » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:52 pm

wasnt worth a sh*t...... really, it sucked this whole season hasnt been near as good as last season... why dont u guys use some of the dumb sh*t thats been going on latley??? like that crazy ass old guy who said the world would end agian.... u guys use to take stupid events and make them a little crazyer, now its like ure not even trying anymore. this episode wasnt even crab people standards!

if u guys have gave up on south park pass it to someone who hasnt... sry for the tuf love, but yea i know u guys can do way better
hhaforever

Postby hhaforever » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:03 pm

WTF have u guys just grew tierd of south park... this whole season has been the worst ever! this s@!t isnt even crab people standards!! ive been watching southpark since the 1st season, bought and followed every season, and now i dont think i want to remember south park like this! i would rather u end it with its formore glory. I know u guys run out of things to do and just go with it sometimes, but come on. for the love of god do what u always did find crazy things going on in this world and make them better. Ex. that crazy a@# old guy who told everyone the world would end twice... i know i could make and episode ten times better then any of this seasons with that alone!

sry for the tuf love, but this episode was the final straw!
WhatWhatInTheButters

Postby WhatWhatInTheButters » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:09 pm

Okay so obviously a lot of people don't get any of the hidden messages in this episode while most are blatantly obvious. Here's the bottom line: THIS IS THE LAST SEASON!

It's a shame that so many people don't get the double meanings so I thought I would point them out. Here's the story:

When South Park was created, Matt and Trey were still young people. Back then SP was mainly toilet humor. As the two got older, the episodes started to have an increasing number of cultural references and satires on current events. They had outgrown the toilet humor. This is what Stan symbolises.

But because of the more serious tone, SP became less popular with the younger generations. To get back in touch with these generations, M&T returned to the more vulgar humor these last seasons. But they had outgrown this sort of humor, and because of this the jokes were mediocre and not very original. As Sharon said: "It's the same sh*t every week. Each week it just resets and then it's a different story but in a way it's still the same. It just gets more and more ridiculous."
This is what Randy symbolises. He does not like the young music, but still tries to be a part of it and this results in disaster.

Sharon getting sick of Randy represents M&T getting sick of the show, they want to move on and do something new. Sharon: "You just seem kind of sh*tty to me."

The two old people are the experienced M&T, they observe and they watch as it goes wrong (they see the fight).

The title of the episode is perhaps the biggest clue of all. "You're getting old" is M&T saying the show is getting old.

So there you have it. Basically, M&T realise the show is getting stale and they have wisely decided to make an end to it before it becomes like the Simpsons. For the sake of not having the last seven episodes become more "same sh*t, different story" episodes, they have also made some drastic story changes to the series. That way, the last episodes will feel fresh and now they can work towards an epic finale. I am kind of sad it is almost over but at least this series will go out with a bang, instead of dying a slow death.
This episode was brilliant and I cannot wait until october :-)
Kenny rocks =D

---------------------

Postby Kenny rocks =D » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:10 pm

I like the part when Stan said sh*t -_-
Mr YACYAS

Postby Mr YACYAS » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:16 pm

I might be M&T talking to the fans or each other but to be honest I see a come back in the greatest sh*tty character of all time.... MR HANKIE!!!! He would be perfect to save Stan from his "funk."

I mean seriously 25 pages and I'm the first to think of this?
deathbyme123

>.>

Postby deathbyme123 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:18 pm

Well that sucked! have to wait for part 2 which will be in freakin october
Mr YACYAS

Postby Mr YACYAS » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:21 pm

How is it that the answer has been spewing the whole episode and no one has mentioned the obvious? Return of the greatest piece of sh*t the world has ever know! MR mutha fukin HANKIE!!!! what a prefect character to save south park and stan from its current predicament.

yo check it....
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:34 pm

I also wanted to add that *FART* *FARRRT* *PHZZZ-PHZZZZ* and that possibly *FART* *poop* *splatter* *PHZZZZ-ZZZZZ* Furthermore, I think that *PHZZZ* *plop* plop* *SFZZZZZZT* FARRRRT* and *FART FART FARRRRRRRRT* *splatter*

So that's what I think.
ItalianMattGuy

Postby ItalianMattGuy » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:40 pm

My god... Awful.

I cannot stop thinking this is some kind of vengeance from Matt and Trey because of all the sh*t people said about 14th and 15th season. And it's cruel.

Only solution: hibernate myself till October.
Danik3

Postby Danik3 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:41 pm

End it. South Park stopped being of any decent quality after Season 9, and 9 was not that good either.

End the show. Hopefully the legacy of Seasons 3-8 won't be tarnished.
cartbutters

Postby cartbutters » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:45 pm

can anyone confirm please.. a few people said something about a season 17 and that it is signed or something.

is this true? if yes i can finally stop beeing depressed..
Gingerfan1

Postby Gingerfan1 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:46 pm

cartbutters wrote:can anyone confirm please.. a few people said something about a season 17 and that it is signed or something.

is this true? if yes i can finally stop beeing depressed..

I agree is there someone who matters that can tell us what is actually going on please?
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:49 pm

ItalianMattGuy wrote:My god... Awful.

I cannot stop thinking this is some kind of vengeance from Matt and Trey because of all the sh*t people said about 14th and 15th season. And it's cruel.

Only solution: hibernate myself till October.

I see people saying this everywhere. I highly doubt that's the case. I think Matt and Trey are real artists, and REAL artists can take criticism in any form.
scRaTcH#667

Postby scRaTcH#667 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:51 pm

Is this supposed to be the beginning of an ending of my most favorite show, which I have watched from since I was 8 years old? I really hope not. I for one have loved and I still LOVE this show.
On the other side this is a decision for Matt&Trey to make and only they must decide this on they own. There is no sense whatsover in continuing the show just off duty, they have to want to do this. They have BEEN the show ever since is started, they put their souls in it, many times I'd say without even realizing it, but they allways did. I don't want this show to end, but even if it does it will still allways have a place in my heart.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”