*1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

samusco

So its almost over eh?

Postby samusco » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:04 pm

Honestly Im kind of glad the shows ending. The show was turning into a pile of crap, though I think it had more to do with Matt and Tray moving onto other projects. Good run fellas, hope the last few episodes arnt total sh*t.
wazzup12346

Postby wazzup12346 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:11 pm

this sucks
Perfumecandy

Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Perfumecandy » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:22 pm

It's really odd that Randy and Sharon are divorced, Cartman and Kyle becoming good friends (which is totally weird and adorable), Stan seeing and hearing crap everywhere he goes and those redneck saving britches in the Marsh's residence. No wonder the press description says the very fabric of South Park begins to unravel.
I'm a ultimate fan of Stan Marsh/Eric Cartman
I support StanxCartman ~~~
Krikkit

Postby Krikkit » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:22 pm

I don't post in here too often, but this episode basically requires it from me.

I definitely had a tear in my eye when the credits began to roll. Even now, reading all the reviews and comments I still realize how much this show has meant to me ever since 1997 when the first episode I saw in 7th grade was the first Christmas special (P.S. I didn't get what the big deal about Kenny living at the end was until I saw a few more ;-)

This show has been a part of my life for 15 years and my wish would be for it to continue forever, though it isn't possible.

We all need to remember that M&T write these episodes in such a rush that it's possible that they don't truly have a plan for ending the series just yet. They don't have a team of writers like the Simpsons to just pass the workload off to. So most likely when they wrote this episode, it was a reflection of how they are feeling at this moment.

Burned out from working on their musical and creating an amazing show back to back. They are tired and want a vacation. My hope is that they get the rest they need and the support from us, so they can come back, work with their new twist for a while, and bring the show back around to the AWESOMENESS that we all love and appreciate.

We have a part too in making sure they know that their hard work and suffering is appreciated.

And if it really is time to say goodbye to South Park, I hope they go out with a bang!

I will remember this show for my whole life. It kept me laughing through high school and college and beyond no matter what was going on in the world or my personal life.

Thanks Matt and Trey!
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:25 pm

mo303564 wrote:Divorce rate is at an all time high, morals are at an all time low...

In a time where we have no issues with segregation or women's suffrage? What the hell are "morals" to you? "Morals" change over time with the rest of the world.

Mike, don't be one of those far-right freaks that use the words "morals" and "family" like weapons. The very fabric of that kind of conservative society is quickly dying, and will not be missed by any decent-minded people.
mo303564

Postby mo303564 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:30 pm

To all the morons of who think this is the SERIES finale:
it's NOT!!! :evil:

It is a classic cliffhanger sequence. I am sure that South Park will return in October*ish* for the end of this season.

Now, whether after that the show ends is...a different story. So many rumors about that or it going to 17, I don't know what to believe anymore :cry:

ironic isn't it? Not knowing what to think, or believe right now....kinda feels like my lfie as said a few posts earlier.

*sighs*

Niels: Morals are not supposed to change, but people themselves change them over time to blend in with culture and present beliefs. And btw, whoever said that Women's suffrage and discrimination are dead? Cause clearly they are not or else we would have already had a woman president and people wouldn't care if our president is a lying sleezebag from Kenya.

I don't think that btw. I'm just saying that some people still like to worship Sarah Palin and her "Paul Revere with Guns" bible.... :roll:
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:44 pm

People don't like the idea of the show EVER ending we thought S15 would be it for about 3 years, now it's hit us people just expect them to sign. I think they will, another 2 years worth of million dollar paychecks but they want to do something different and will probably retire after that, as they already don't feel that good about it.

morals are at an all time low

Such a bland pansyass world without the wars, plagues and famines, really built character and stopped all this mixing of the races and uppity women we see today. In the good old days when Queenie ruled the Empire there wouldn't be an opposition party for all this partisanship.

Everything as of late has felt like sh*t.

That's called growing up; you're more aware of the world and how you're effected by stuff you can't control, and have more responsibilities and instability. It's always been sh*t you just couldn't smell it before. / conversation so it doesn't clog thread
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
campbell451

Postby campbell451 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:45 pm

If they're going out, I expect they'll do it in spectacular fashion.
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:04 am

okay, I think I'm ready to review now. However there are no pros and cons of this episode. This episode stands above the others in such a way... there can be no good or bad in it. What happened... happened. God there is so much I want to say about this episode...

Cartman is an ass for getting presents at Stan's birthday but we all know that. :roll: At first I thought Stan might start acting more mature, maybe join those older kids that were being interviewed and be like them. Then we have Randy acting like a moron as usual. Only this time the idiocy had a point.

I was wondering when the fight between Kyle would happen. And by the time the boys left the movies, I knew it would be a two-parter. No way was this going to be wrapped up in 5 min.

I... cannot cannot believe what happened with Sharon and Randy. Ya I speculated, played along, sort of wished they would divorce, but actually seeing it... I mean they really dug in deep with this. Hearing Randy say he was unhappy. Then Sharon about how people change and drift apart... :cry:

This ending is so horribly traumatic. It's the saddest thing animated on the show. And the song didn't help either... :cry: What I want to know is why they sold the house. Why did Sharon not stay there with the kids? Just thinking about it... everything happens at the Marsh house. Everything. It's the place to be. and now...

So according to the ending: Sharon and Randy divorced. He moved somewhere. Sharon took the kids and got a new place as well. Apparently Stan is at a diff school. And... so alone.

I cannot stop crying about this episode. Honestly. Stan's life has never been more screwed up. This time, he has nowhere to turn. His parents are separated. He lives in a new house. His friends have all left him. He still views the world as sh*t. My heart goes out to him like never before. This poor poor kid's life has blown up in his face after he turned 10.

I can say this much: Stan is not written out of the show. To even think that is utterly ridiculous. Ridiculous. This is simply one huge dramatic thing M&T did, and it won't be until Oct when we see what happens next.

I have more to say but will stop now, this is long enough. Cannot rate this episode, it's too much in a diff league than any other.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.

Postby 203177 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:08 am

is anyone happy that we saw tweek at stans b day woot! finally he's back!
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
thelittleman66

Postby thelittleman66 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:10 am

sorta reminds me of Led Zeppelin's "That's the Way"

If they were aiming to shock, they succeeded
custom158

Postby custom158 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:14 am

long time fan (since day 1), sometime frequent these boards to read post air comments, but never really took the time to post.

Just purer speculation on my part. However, as we all know, Matt and Trey have based the characters Kyle and Stan on themselves.

In this latest ep, Kyle is still happy with the world, still enjoys comedy for just being comedy and isn't taking life too seriously.

Stan on the otherhand, has "grown up", feeling old and becoming cynical.

As we also know trey does the majority of the writing for South Park, could it be possible that Trey has had enough, writing his main character out of the show and handing the rains over to Matt to be the number one man.

If this is the case, they could try something like this for 15B and see where that takes them, it might mean the end of SP or it could be a source for a new energy and its possible that the show lives on
Jonny Ruckus

Postby Jonny Ruckus » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:14 am

I think I finally understand what people mean when they say "a part of my childhood died"

I know it sounds messed up but I'm 25 years old South Park has been a part of my life for 15 of those years. I've had a lot of problems growing up and South Park was always there to cheer me up and make me laugh. South Park was my way of getting away. I have a pretty amazing life now and I've always been glad to have South Park around to keep me laughing.

I'm not gonna lie I'm really upset about the show most likely coming to an end, I know all things must come to an end, but your never really read when it happens.
jessiimarii

Postby jessiimarii » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:22 am

Wait, so Stan's parents are breaking up...again?

And I think they might actually keep them broken up this time O__O
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:24 am

Since this eppy has me totally mind f*cked, I had to write down some things to keep me focused. Things that could happen when 15B rolls around in Oct. If any of these things will help you guys try to find the good in it, then I would love that :)

* As long as Stan gets over his 'everything is sh*tty' thing, that's a good thing

* As long as Kyle comes back as his Super Best Friend again, I'll be happy

* As long as Cartman and co. return as Stan's friends, I'll be relieved

* If it means less idiotic, immature Randy, that can only be a good thing

* If it means more screen time/scenes with Sharon, Stan, and Shelley, I'll be grateful

* Stan WILL get over his 'cynicism'. Someone, somehow, will find a cure and he will enjoy life again. They wouldn't just leave him there, hating life and fearing there's no help for him at such a young age

* The changes might mean a diff, but cool new SP. One we might have to get used to, but where we have left off, there is a lot of chance for all sorts of things to happen and explore that hasn't been there before

*Finally, as long as everything is said and done, SP returns as the hilarious show it always was, that's all I can hope for :cartmansmile:
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”