*1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

footwo

Re: Damn

Postby footwo » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:30 am

FuckingCrazyLunatic wrote:Anybody get douche chills from some of these comments.

Freezing my ass off right now.
tijanah

Postby tijanah » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:05 am

This was a good episode on many levels...the previous episodes were a bit frustrating, had some good ideas but were not developed. In my opinion this is the only good episode in this season.
stryker9

Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Postby stryker9 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:18 am

Sgt.YatesMonkeyBalls wrote:
JVM wrote:I don't think this is going to be a straight two-parter. I don't think Matt and Trey will try to fix everything right off the bat.

My guess is the last seven episodes will form a genuine story arc, gradually wrapping up all of the character's storylines. Stan will probably end up fine, rest assured, but I don't think he's going to be cured immediately in #1508 is all.

If this really is the end, my guess is the boys will be reunited to fight against some huge threat to the town.
That's what I'm thinking, too.

Another idea I just had is that, after a time skip to the fifth grade, we get an episode just about the Marshes reuniting. Then Stan returns and sees how much has changed over the summer.
-Kyle no longer wears his hat.
-Cartman has lost weight and now even Kyle calls him Eric.
-Kenny is unhooded and more outgoing.
-Butters has a full head of hair and is no longer an outcast (maybe they'll call him Leo).
-Token's family became poor because of the economy and so he no longer feels left out.
-Garrison is now a bisexual furry.
etc.

Either A.) the changes are refreshing and cure Stan of his cynicism, only for everything to be returned to normal due to Randy shenanigans, or B.) Stan finds that the changes made everything seem even shittier and goes out of his way to return things to normal.

dude i just dont see it i want to see a arch yes but a giant finale at the end tieing up loose ends. (if you want to see what my ultimate ending would be go to the fourm next episode takes place 5 years later.)
-Stryker Cartman
furrybutch

Postby furrybutch » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:19 am

damn that was pretty depressing,not to mention sh*tty.
The Silver Banana

Postby The Silver Banana » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:46 am

Poor Stan... looking back on things like Cartoon Network which I used to like, I have to tell myself that it's not just me getting older: Cartoon Network is just plain crap now. America as a whole can only produce one good cartoon, which will never end up on Cartoon Network anyway. Meanwhile, almost all modern music except Gaga is garbage. And I've seen the commercials for L.A.Noire and keep thinking "is this game 90% cutscenes?" Now I know what the other 10% is. BTW, Gweneth Paltrow made a much better Stevie Nicks.

15B will have a few episodes without Stan, I'd say 5 of them, just to test the waters, shake up the character dynamics, see how it looks when it's not just Butters and Cartman all day.

Randy dies under a collapsed bridge. (Now that I think about it, this could actually work.)

Postby stryker9 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:56 am

The Silver Banana wrote:Poor Stan... looking back on things like Cartoon Network which I used to like, I have to tell myself that it's not just me getting older: Cartoon Network is just plain crap now. America as a whole can only produce one good cartoon, which will never end up on Cartoon Network anyway. Meanwhile, almost all modern music except Gaga is garbage. And I've seen the commercials for L.A.Noire and keep thinking "is this game 90% cutscenes?" Now I know what the other 10% is. BTW, Gweneth Paltrow made a much better Stevie Nicks.

15B will have a few episodes without Stan, I'd say 5 of them, just to test the waters, shake up the character dynamics, see how it looks when it's not just Butters and Cartman all day.

Randy dies under a collapsed bridge. (Now that I think about it, this could actually work.)

dude... weak randy is completely EPIC how dare you say that...
-Stryker Cartman
The Silver Banana

Postby The Silver Banana » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:16 am

stryker9 wrote:
The Silver Banana wrote:Randy dies under a collapsed bridge. (Now that I think about it, this could actually work.)

dude... weak randy is completely EPIC how dare you say that...
I like him too... he's in a lot of my favorite episodes, and is in the best scenes of a lot of the other episodes. But they're running out of things to do with Randy, and this episode pointed at a big revelation for either Randy or Stan in the future. And I just know it's not going to be Stan.

Note my language in the earlier post. I'm actually referencing a trope which Matt and Trey have used before on occasions like this.

Re: I Think the Show Just Ended

Postby UhhIDontKnow » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:19 am

breakingmyballs wrote:Doesn't that seem like the last episode ever? I wouldn't put it past them to end it without any build-up or promotion. Just end it after 15 years. In fact, it would be the best way to end any great show. Without any of the extra bullsh*t.

I think one of two things happened:

1) they're messing with us as usual

2) they were genuinely tired of the routine and wanted to change the show's landscape. The show is not ending but will not be the same either.

Not sure which it is yet, but for people who think the show is ending ask yourselves why M+T would commit to 17 seasons only to be sued in England when they decide to "hang it up"? The doomsayers will be proven wrong in October.
MrMcKenzie

Postby MrMcKenzie » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:26 am

Well, that scene with Stans parents was really...yeah. To me, it is definitely M&T directly speaking to the Fans. I had the feeling that they trie to explain it little by little to the fans, that they are loosing their SP spirit - and after 15 years, who could blame them?
I don't think, Stan's parents are gonna stay divorced, think of "Treehouses". Nor, that Stan and Kyle aren't going to be best friends again.
But I do think this is a hint to an end of the show. Maybe it's just a joke, because many fans fear exactly that...but in such jokes often lies some thruth, so yeah.

For my taste, the only good episode this season was TMI, and to some degrees Royal Pudding. But i'd hope they get back on track, maybe end it (whenever that will be) with some old-school episodes.
sgt. buzzkill

Postby sgt. buzzkill » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:03 pm

This was, without a doubt, the most depressing SP episode ever. :( Even Stanley's Cup was more fun to watch. The next day I was thinking about hanging myself, maybe because I'm turning 30 this year and feel exactly like Stan and his parents.
Luke Vs Shark

Postby Luke Vs Shark » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:42 pm

If this is the last season we're going to have a repeat of the whole James J. Lee Discovery Channel incident.
Reiska

Postby Reiska » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:45 pm

John_117 wrote:I think you're right. They wouldn't back out now, not if the money they're making is on an exponential growth. It wouldn't make sense.

T&M have all the money they want. Question is weither they want to continue Sp or not.

I think they don't want to but i really hope i'm wrong.
" They must find it difficult...

Those who have taken authority as the truth rather than truth as the authority. "
Harperlarp

Postby Harperlarp » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:49 pm

I thought it was a pretty lame episode as quite a few have been recently (seasons 13-15). The surprise ending was interesting and I agree the Sharon and Randy discussion really seemed like Matt and Trey talking to us. I'd hate to see South Park end but I'd hate to see it drag on and become lame like the Simpsons did (season 13-present).
A Guy

Dear Randy...

Postby A Guy » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:15 pm

This honest, and self reflective ending made me realize exactly how much this show has meant to me over the years, and saddened me more than I would like to acknowledge. My only hope is that Trey and Matt know exactly how much this show has meant to us as fans. Guys, youre tired. Youve stretched yourselves too thin for too long, and put up with a lot from all angles. And in this trying time, your fans have called out a message that has time and time again reflected the cynical nature to what you refer, we get it, its just that time. Just know, you will be missed. This forum resonates with stories not unlike my own; fans who grew up with this town, as your own writing grew with us. Its uncanny how clearly your own maturation can be seen in the fans who adored you.

As I walked into my sixth grade classroom, I can remember my friend Adam running up to me, and with a grin that could hardly be contained between his cheeks, he belted out; "OHHHHHHH..." And without recognition of the surroundings we were about to terrorize, I dropped my bad and joined in "Kyles moms a bitch, shes a big fat bitch, shes the biggest bitch in the whole wide world..." Behind the roar of laughter of our peers, we were dragged out into the principles office with a swiftness never previously thought possible of our teacher, Mr Stowers.

Then we aged a bit. Still drawn to the television every wednesday night as if out of necessity, (but now not secretly), we tuned in. The humor was still there, yes dicks and farts still held a special place in our hearts, but now in highschool, we were ready for another layer, an added dimension. You did not disappoint. As reflections of our society slowly started to seep their way into your narratives. You provided us with a fresh perspective in a generally serious world.

It is with a heavy heart that we hear your cries of fatigue. We havent been the most understanding group, as we look past the more nostalgic stages of your closure to this series, only to point out the flaws. And it would not be fair to us, nor you, for you to continue sh*tting on these britches (at least if your not enjoying it). Just know, although it started as maybe the most one-dimensional show we could call our favorites since The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, South Park has blossomed into a part of our lives, that physically hurts me to see go. We love you guys. Bravo.
dakata353

Postby dakata353 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:30 pm

This episode is sh*t.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”