*1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

MadDogReed97

Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Postby MadDogReed97 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:30 pm

was that the last episode forever :(
Catsin

Postby Catsin » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:38 pm

I felt so bad for Stan. Kudos to these guys for creating a little cartoon character that has become a real person to me. Poor kid - parents getting divorced, moving, losing his friends.

You know, there are still people out there who don't "get" the show, or who think its just about crude humor; they don't realize how much underlying emotional content there is to the characters. Not always of course, but when M & T need it, its right under the surface for them to tap into. THAT'S incredible writing.

That said, if this really is the end of the era that has been SP, it will be such a loss to me personally, and all of us who have grown to depend on these guys for a laugh every week. I feel like crying! I hope they just come back to normal and ignore the whole thing - just like in the long-ago when Kenny would die and then pop back up no questions asked....
DashRiprock

Postby DashRiprock » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:13 pm

AHHH! This episode depressed the heck outta me! :(
Rene Diaz's profile

Postby Rene Diaz's profile » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:13 pm

I believe that this would be an interesting new chapter in south park. An d taking the idea that niels0827 made, I believe that we are over reacting to a message that might not even be there. I believe that this would probably be the start of a trilogy of episodes like in season 14 with the coon.

:idea: It would be interesting if Sharon and Randy get back together, seeing as they already separated in "Tree house" :idea:
stryker9

Postby stryker9 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:18 am

The Silver Banana wrote:
stryker9 wrote:
The Silver Banana wrote:Randy dies under a collapsed bridge. (Now that I think about it, this could actually work.)

dude... weak randy is completely EPIC how dare you say that...
I like him too... he's in a lot of my favorite episodes, and is in the best scenes of a lot of the other episodes. But they're running out of things to do with Randy, and this episode pointed at a big revelation for either Randy or Stan in the future. And I just know it's not going to be Stan.

Note my language in the earlier post. I'm actually referencing a trope which Matt and Trey have used before on occasions like this.

true they are running out of things to do with him but thats because this is the end of it all these last episodes are going to be tieing up loose ends and ending the series thats why they did this to show us whats happening .
-Stryker Cartman
stryker9

Postby stryker9 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:24 am

Luke Vs Shark wrote:If this is the last season we're going to have a repeat of the whole James J. Lee Discovery Channel incident.

im sry but what exactly happened at the incident...? :mrgreen:
-Stryker Cartman
plana arium

Postby plana arium » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:27 am

this episode almost made me cry i cant shake the odd feeling i have that southpark will change.i sure as hell hope not,no not stan the man!
job1866

Postby job1866 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:47 am

What the f*ck was this sh*t? I wanna laugh, I don't want to be depressed. I knew as soon as Trey got married everything on South Park would change
iuliana_regina

Postby iuliana_regina » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:46 am

OMG I think I'm gonna cry... Not Stan please!!! Don't make Kyle and Cartman best friends...
I'm so depressed...
South Park is a part of my life for so long I can't imagine it ending... And not like this BTW.
Now is the waiting game! Don't know how I'm going to wait till October.
:cry:
JVM

Re:

Postby JVM » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:56 am

job1866 wrote:What the f*ck was this sh*t? I wanna laugh, I don't want to be depressed. I knew as soon as Trey got married everything on South Park would change

Trey got married five years ago and separated his wife sometime before April.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.

Postby 203177 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:58 am

I'm still on the edge of my seat on what happened f*ck! I cannot wait until October I just wanna know now! Matt and Trey no how to scar us fans
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
ozzie33z

Postby ozzie33z » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:00 am

Obviously the message they are sending us is that the media is taking control of our lives... when you wake up and realize whats going on, everything really does seem fake and sh*tty. They control you to become the person they want you to be. This is the problem... Stan is beginning to awaken and he is realizing everything is sh*tty and fake. However with Kyle, Cartman, and Kenny, they are still in what I like to call the "media trap"... Basically if you are not on board and you think otherwise you will become ridiculed by everyone.. even your closest friends. I know this because this is the same exact thing I went through and I am sure there are plenty others as well.. They are giving us a hint that the beginning of the end of our age is near. However there are always beginnings to every end. This is the time we enter the Age of Aquarius. More people will begin to awaken at how fake everything is... even including our own Damn illegal president.. Barack Obama who has fake written all over him and his birth certificate.. A similar situation, just for example, realistically would involve Donald Trump seeing how sh*tty Obama is and is calling him out on it. However the media is on Obama's nuts and they will do anything to protect him... And for those who fall in the "media trap" will listen to these "reliable" news stations on our television and will program you to believe a false reality.. much more I would love to say but I must go... please ask if anymore questions... great job Matt and Trey to awaken people. Very big and important episode. Bless you all and love each other as we enter the New Age of Aquarius. . .
Doyledeth

Clyde to replace Stan?

Postby Doyledeth » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:02 am

After watching the Funnybot episode for the second time after watching this one i can't help but think Clyde is going to be Stan's replacement, at least for a little while. in the funnybot episode it shows Stan sitting with butters and (forgot who else, maybe jimmy) and Clyde sitting with Kyle, Kenny and Eric. I wonder if they were hinting around towards that?
Perfumecandy

Postby Perfumecandy » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:06 am

Honestly, I don't think this episode is explaining about how Matt and Trey feels about the show, but it does feels like the beginning of the end of conveying Randy and Sharon's separation, Stan ends his friendship with Kyle, Cartman and Kyle becoming great friends. Also, remember Mysterion aka Kenny reveals why he dies all the time from last season? The show is changing completely.
I'm a ultimate fan of Stan Marsh/Eric Cartman
I support StanxCartman ~~~
MyCheesyPoofs88

Postby MyCheesyPoofs88 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:15 am

they cannot write stan out of the show. i remember watching an eariler dvd of south park and trey was saying how he was like stan when he was a child. maybe trey is developing stan into a deeper character. Its ongoing mention in the series about Stan having major depressive disorder. He became depressed and hopeless when Wendy broke up with him, and he briefly joined the Goth Kids. It is also mentioned that Stan has a substance abuse problem, like in "Big Gay Al's Big Gay Boat Ride" when Cartman says that Stan has to lay off the cough syrup, and in "The Mexican Staring Frog of Southern Sri Lanka" where Jimbo goes on national television and accuses Stan of doing drugs. However, the only episodes that would back up these claims are "Quest For Ratings" where he gets high off cough syrup and "Red Man's Greed" when he "found the cure to SARS" by breathing in paint thinner. and then not to mention this past episode..

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”