*1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

hagbard23

Postby hagbard23 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:31 pm

Come on, Matt & Trey, what are you telling us? That you've grown tired of good old SP? After 15 seasons with all the ups and downs, I could understand that ... but you could have had the grace to tell us that in a nicer way ... being a faithful fan since Season 1, I kind of feel I deserve better than being sh*t in the face like this :-(.
timb900

Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Postby timb900 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:34 pm

pumaking wrote:Now is not a good time to end the show. The writers have created something bigger than their own personal afflictions and to end the show because they are tired is selfish.

This is a trying time at home and abroad with wars in the Middle East and Africa, a global oil crisis, a busted economy, and elections coming up. Yeah, there will always be problems in the world, but I really think this is a crucial point in time where the writers can use this massive forum they've created to address those current issues.

To end the show now would be irresponsible. To forsake their millions of fans in their time of need when they are the lone light in many of their depressing lives is unjust. South Park has become too big; it means too much to the world to end it now.

So basically the point of my argument if you haven't gotten it yet is that in a crazy way, the world needs south park. The writers might not like what they're becoming personally, but until the world has achieved some level of stability they have a duty to continue writing. The night is darkest just before the dawn, right? So please, don't let the show end now when the world needs it most.

I joined this forum just to say f*ck you.

M & T dont owe you anything. The writers dont owe you anything. They created this show, and they have the right to end it whenever they want. This world will never achieve this "level of stability". Ever. Yes, this show is a great forum to the rest of the world to show what M&T think. But to say that they should keep going is rediculous. They should end the show when they've run out of ideas. When they don't have fun making episodes anymore. IMO, they will keep going. They honestly have the greatest job on this earth, and im sure theyre smart enough to know that.

My opinion is that they're just going to come into october and never mention anything that happened. If they do that... that will honestly be the funniest prank they've ever pulled. Everyone freaking out about it when really they knew this all along. They have 7 more episodes guys... If they really wanted to end it they would have shown this episode last or second to last. And its not like they havent done this before... They killed kenny ( one of the main 4 for God's sake) They could take stan out for awhile and switch things up. And if they do...I bet it will be butters. Hes been (almost) the main focus of the show for this season. And a way bigger part of the show for the past few seasons.
CartmansWhore

Postby CartmansWhore » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:35 pm

love this episode, it's all over the place which is great.
“The basis of all reasoning is the mind's awareness of itself. What we think, the external objects we perceive, are all like actors that come on and off stage. But our consciousness, the stage itself, is always present to us,” Trey Parker
Doctor Retarded

Postby Doctor Retarded » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:47 pm

He says "Warble Warble Warble"
evilsnowcone

Postby evilsnowcone » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:24 pm

i sure hope we are reading too deep into this episode. it would be great if its a huge joke, build up the fall run like its the final season, get to the last episode and you think your in for an emotional send off then... horn sounds and you hear. "the final episode of south park will not be seen tonight for this terrance and phillip special!"
LottaHistory

Postby LottaHistory » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:50 pm

South Park has never been that serious. As much as we'd all like to believe that Matt and Trey were joking, I seriously doubt it.
Batosaims

Postby Batosaims » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:21 pm

I hope they do make season 16 and 17 the best seasons. But I honestly don't see the show ending at season 17. Matt and Trey nailed an $80 million dollar contract for 3 seasons. I doubt they're going to turn down that much money. Their not even that old, they're both like 40. Compare that to Matt Groening, He's like 60 and the Simpsons are still going on. I don't see South Park ending for at least another decade.
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:25 pm

I have to bring the birthday thing up again lol

Makes no sense, the trailers for the movies coming out in 'June' or something when Stan's birthday is Oct. So this eppy took place in Oct, they... just didn't seem to remember or whatever Stan's b-day is in Oct!

What I like to think.... Sharon got a new house in SP. Because as seen in previous posts Stan is walking along the same ol' main street we always see in SP after he is seen at his new house with his mom.

So... that gives me some hope not everything has changed. :wink:
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:40 pm

Stanluv25 wrote:I have to bring the birthday thing up again lol

Makes no sense, the trailers for the movies coming out in 'June' or something when Stan's birthday is Oct. So this eppy took place in Oct, they... just didn't seem to remember or whatever Stan's b-day is in Oct!

What I like to think.... Sharon got a new house in SP. Because as seen in previous posts Stan is walking along the same ol' main street we always see in SP after he is seen at his new house with his mom.

So... that gives me some hope not everything has changed. :wink:

And this brings me to a question: Yes, in the episode Randy and Sharon say they are growing apart; yes we see Randy drive away in a U-Haul ALONE, yes we see that Stan and Sharon are unpacking Stan's stuff in Stan's new room in the new house, and yes we see Stan walking around the same old streets in South Park.

But. . . .

Other twists can come of this; I didn't see any divorce court procedings or other divorce-type stuff. For all we know, Randy drove the U-Haul and Sharon drove Stan and Shelly and Grandpa in the Marsh's own car. Perhaps Randy and Sharon have not split up. Randy driving the U-Haul alone is no proof of a divorce.

Someone point me to the evidence that they did divorce, or at least separated. Randy driving alone and Sharon helping Stan unpack are not proof of this. The only evidence I recall is that they (Randy and Sharon) were arguing before the sale of the house. And M&T can use this scene in an infinite amount of ways.
Last edited by zzyzx 1 on Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MysteriousMysterion

Postby MysteriousMysterion » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:53 pm

Why is everyone thinking this is the end of South Park? If anything, they just wanted to get rid of Stan. They actually wanted to kill off Stan back before Season 6, but decided to kill off Kenny :zombiekenny: instead. They just think that Stan is too much like Kyle and they don't like writing for both of them. Stop jumping to conclusions and do some actual research. :cartmanyell:
cynthia325

Postby cynthia325 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:37 pm

MysteriousMysterion wrote:Why is everyone thinking this is the end of South Park? If anything, they just wanted to get rid of Stan. They actually wanted to kill off Stan back before Season 6, but decided to kill off Kenny :zombiekenny: instead. They just think that Stan is too much like Kyle and they don't like writing for both of them. Stop jumping to conclusions and do some actual research. :cartmanyell:

This post made me LOL for real. Do not feed the trolls.
JoshM

Postby JoshM » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:46 pm

It kinda of annoys me that people don't see the underlying messages in these episodes. This season especially. This one focused on the poor state of the world and it's propaganda and crap filled media and entertainment. Also of course the ostracization of critical thinking and rightfully cynical people, Kyle being the example, who do really see things as they are and wanting to change it.
TheRLTell

dubstep

Postby TheRLTell » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:59 pm

i love thinking the whole time they are playing some of the new dubstep that has been made haha
XxStanmymanxX

what would chef do?

Postby XxStanmymanxX » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:20 am

I cried after this episode then i thought what would chef do about this? i though hed probably get the marshes back together and have a emotional speech about stan before he left and before that he would talk to the children about what stan is feeling. comment back and we can have a discussion.
Brendle

Re:

Postby Brendle » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:12 am

JoshM wrote:It kinda of annoys me that people don't see the underlying messages in these episodes. This season especially. This one focused on the poor state of the world and it's propaganda and crap filled media and entertainment. Also of course the ostracization of critical thinking and rightfully cynical people, Kyle being the example, who do really see things as they are and wanting to change it.

No, sorry. You have completely missed the mark.

This episode was an ATTACK on cynicism. The tone of South Park is RARELY cynical. It is almost ALWAYS positive.

Yes, there's critical thinking (which is a damn good thing), then there's being a douchebag who just complains about everything. Stan is the latter.

The aim of critical thinking is to find a flaw in the system so we can IMPROVE the system. A cynic like Stan doesn't improve anything...he just sits there and bitches.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”